5.4 PVP Stat Guide

(Locked)

15 Gnome Rogue
toasting with long lasting, good bread
Edited by Mario on 9/3/2012 5:48 PM PDT
70 Orc Shaman
09/02/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Eldacar
PVP Resilience has slightly increasing returns.
\

I believe the removal of ranged slots have caused a minor resil loss. I wouldn't say it was resil scaling.
100 Draenei Death Knight
I assume that balancing out both primary stat and pvp power to an almost even point would provide the most benefit compared to stacking only one of them.
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
09/04/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Naarusii
I assume that balancing out both primary stat and pvp power to an almost even point would provide the most benefit compared to stacking only one of them.

Honestly I am guessing PVP Power is going to be better for almost everyone, primarily because you get twice as much of it on gems as you do the primary stats (320 vs 160).
80 Troll Hunter
Best MVP to grace any forums, once again thanks for your hard work.
100 Draenei Death Knight
Oh I forgot that they doubled the secondary stat for MoP. Its going to be interesting to see how specs like unholy dks and subtlety rogues play out with the primary stat bonus.
Edited by Naarusii on 9/4/2012 10:54 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Mage
Thank you.
90 Human Paladin
Thanks for diving into this and spending the time and effort, no doubt worthy of a sticky and our appreciation!
95 Tauren Warrior
Good stuff Eldacar :)

Look forward to putting this into practice. Maybe I'll see you on server.

- Wiggly
Shaman R teh Overpower
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Defiantly an eye opener. Thank you for the input and time spent.

Where's the tip jar!?
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone, a lot of time and effort went into making this guide and I am happy it has been so well received.

09/05/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Prescious
this was great exactly the information Ive been searching for. oh and I thought you were tauren not human?

I am a Tauren! Where do you see me as a human!? I was actually a human up until a little over a year ago, but I have been a Tauren since then.

Good stuff Eldacar :)

Look forward to putting this into practice. Maybe I'll see you on server.

- Wiggly
Shaman R teh Overpower

Mr. Wigglesworth! I hope I see you around in Mists!

Defiantly an eye opener. Thank you for the input and time spent.

Where's the tip jar!?

The tip jar was stolen by a crafty little gnome rogue, I have been trying to track him down but anytime I get close he just saps me and runs, it is infuriating! My solution: Nerf gnomes.

...or fire them out of cannons at stuff, that would also be acceptable.
42 Human Warlock
Only 447 views. >_>

I honestly think people notice sticky threads less. So many people missing out on this information.
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Only 447 views. >_>

I honestly think people notice sticky threads less. So many people missing out on this information.

It has already been posted and reposted on many fansites, stickied on numerous forums, viewed thousands of times, and even translated into other languages. Anyone that actually wants the information will have no trouble finding it, and that is who this is here for, the people that want the information :)

Also, if you see someone asking questions about PVP Power or Resilience you can always just direct them here, it should be a time saver!
Edited by Eldacar on 9/6/2012 3:16 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Soo basically what ive noticed with the PVP Power and resilience
PVP power over Stats for PVP
Resiliance over all stats if you want to be a walking talking god
but seriously resilience > stam

Players walking into BG's will not get nuked down quickly as the base 40% resillience

However these "new" PVP'ers will also be doing roughly 1/4'er to 1/6'th of a fully geared players damage in comparrison to a fully geared opponents

Healers will be all powerfull as they take greater reduced damage than they do now through PVP resiliance and its base value and they're going to reach roughly 48?? % increased healing on players?? (does this translate to raids aswell?? ive rarely healed an NPC in a raid)

soo the summary of my analysis, PVP will be slowed down even more than its currently frustrating pace ( a player should be solo killed in 30 secs or less if a >>>DPS<<< locks them down well enough and uses all availible cooldowns and the recipient recieves no backup) not these indefinate fights with 6 DPS on 1 healer cause he has too much mitigation + Spellpower and CC types are sharing diminishing returns. New players (except healers) are going to be useless in BG because they have no hope of damaging an enemy player without a 100% damage increase buff system

but we shall see thankyou to Eldacar for posting this info, i appologise if all my assumptions and speculations are false.

thankyou blizz, i will still PVP on my ret paladin in hopes that my hammer of wrath will hit more than it used to 2 years ago some day soon (12k) and stop making ret pallies PVP tanks, MOAR DMG less bubble selfheal fappyness
90 Human Paladin
This is by far the most intelligent thing I have ever seen posted on these forums! Thanks for the awesome info <3
90 Undead Mage
Great guide
1 Tauren Shaman
Soo basically what ive noticed with the PVP Power and resilience

Healers will be all powerfull as they take greater reduced damage than they do now through PVP resiliance and its base value and they're going to reach roughly 48?? % increased healing on players?? (does this translate to raids aswell?? ive rarely healed an NPC in a raid)

soo the summary of my analysis, PVP will be slowed down even more than its currently frustrating pace ( a player should be solo killed in 30 secs or less if a >>>DPS<<< locks them down well enough and uses all availible cooldowns and the recipient recieves no backup) not these indefinate fights with 6 DPS on 1 healer cause he has too much mitigation + Spellpower and CC types are sharing diminishing returns. New players (except healers) are going to be useless in BG because they have no hope of damaging an enemy player without a 100% damage increase buff system

but we shall see thankyou to Eldacar for posting this info, i appologise if all my assumptions and speculations are false.

thankyou blizz, i will still PVP on my ret paladin in hopes that my hammer of wrath will hit more than it used to 2 years ago some day soon (12k) and stop making ret pallies PVP tanks, MOAR DMG less bubble selfheal fappyness

It's PvP power, so no, it won't increase healer's healing in raids (and I only know of one instance where you heal an npc as part of the encounter).
100 Tauren Druid
So Blizzard have now fixed a unique tag on warrior weapons to prevent a big stat boost for them with titan's grip with regards to PvP power etc. My question is, EMFHS, will being human yet again be the overwhelming choice for PvP?

It doesn't seem to matter so much at the top end of PvP where other good players know how to counter the benefits of an extra trinket slot -- for my money where EMFH really bites is at the low to mid range bracket of PvP where, (based on the wonderful article by the OP), it looks like being a human for PvP will be a significant advantage? (again).

Thoughts?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]