5.4 PVP Stat Guide

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Paladin
Outstanding!
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
So Blizzard have now fixed a unique tag on warrior weapons to prevent a big stat boost for them with titan's grip with regards to PvP power etc. My question is, EMFHS, will being human yet again be the overwhelming choice for PvP?

It doesn't seem to matter so much at the top end of PvP where other good players know how to counter the benefits of an extra trinket slot -- for my money where EMFH really bites is at the low to mid range bracket of PvP where, (based on the wonderful article by the OP), it looks like being a human for PvP will be a significant advantage? (again).

Thoughts?

Yes they did fix titans grip so that warriors cant double dip anymore, that section of the guide will be changed in my post release revision pass, for now I made a note of it at the top.

Regarding EMFH, it does seem like it will remain a significant advantage in Mists.
100 Human Warrior
absolutely awsome work. i experimented with pvp power at level 75 to 79 and found it worth less to us. i also imagine this will ring true through level 80/s. it was an expensive experiance but i gemmed most of my sockets with pvp power and was only able to get it to 10%. resistnce was at about 57% for me in pvp grear at level 75. if you recall this bracket is the one where everone or most gear up with cata greens beginning at level 77 (pve gear) and begin nuking other players. i thought investing in pvp power would help me. Wrong! i then replaced all the pvp power with strength gems and my dps average according to recount shot up 200 to 250 points. still not close to the numbers those in cata greens can produce. so i think it needs to be made to clear to the players that pvp power should only be used in Mists where it can compliment the pvp gear availalbe at that level. your thoughts please.
thanks ( on the toon to the left is my gathering toon)
90 Human Paladin
Thank you for the awesome guide.

09/08/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Eatmydk
stop making ret pallies PVP tanks, MOAR DMG less bubble selfheal fappyness

I agree. That's my job as Prot.

And PvP power will not work/be useless in Dungeons and Raids, but now it's not taking up stat allocation. PvPers will be able to jump into Raiding about as easily as PvEers are into PvP.
85 Undead Priest
Great post! This helps a lot!
thanks a million!
38 Human Rogue
Iv noticed the PVP weapons in mop have no PVP power on them what is going on there are they trying to make PVPers have to raid to get BIS weapons for PVP again because that was a mess. And IMO the only reason rogues were so OP, no need to re-design the class for the worse just put PVP power on weaps... But i guess blizzard know what they are doing with PVP balance have they ever let us down with that before? :S
Edited by Phykicks on 9/19/2012 1:58 AM PDT
89 Worgen Druid
Thank you for the article. It has made a difference. /liked =)
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
09/19/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Phykicks
Iv noticed the PVP weapons in mop have no PVP power on them what is going on there are they trying to make PVPers have to raid to get BIS weapons for PVP again because that was a mess. And IMO the only reason rogues were so OP, no need to re-design the class for the worse just put PVP power on weaps... But i guess blizzard know what they are doing with PVP balance have they ever let us down with that before? :S

Level 90 PVP weapons have an enormous amount of PVP power on them (more than 2000 for the 2 handers and more than 1000 for the 1 handers). It is just the level 85 PVP weapons that are lacking it for some reason which was never really explained.
38 Human Rogue
09/19/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Eldacar
Level 90 PVP weapons have an enormous amount of PVP power on them (more than 2000 for the 2 handers and more than 1000 for the 1 handers). It is just the level 85 PVP weapons that are lacking it for some reason which was never really explained.

Ah cool lets hope its enuff to keep us from seeing to much pve gear in pvp. Thanks for then info and realy good post!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Eldacar, remember that time we conquered Naxx together?

The good ole days.

Great thread btw.
Edited by Jerodan on 9/24/2012 11:05 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
You write like a scientist, it feels like reading a scientific paper =)

Thumbs up!
Edited by Yokuni on 10/4/2012 2:13 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Looks like I'm Gemming for pvp power

A fantastic guide
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Also primary stats will help you level faster, where as PVP power is useless in questing (save for some world pvp!).

Why is PvP power worthless for world PvP??

"save for" is the same as saying "except for", PVP power is useless in questing except for when you engage in world pvp.
100 Tauren Paladin
Clear up if you can

PVP Power tooltip says works in PVP Zones

Does this mean it will work on PVP servers (open PVP) vs opposite faction?
90 Orc Warrior
this actually taught me a lot, excellent guide
full of info.
<3
90 Pandaren Warrior
Great Guide! thanks for all the help!!!
70 Undead Mage
Solid guide.

Another quick typo...
Everyone reading this likely already has at least a general understanding of how resilience works, it's fundamental purpose...

Should be "its" not "it's".
Edited by Title on 10/26/2012 6:24 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Been searching around for blue posts about this here and around AJ, but having a hard time finding them.

What is the reduction in healing in pvp zones? I recall them putting one in, but can't recall if its 15 or 25 or 30%.

And was there a nerf to PvP Power's healing aspect?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]