Patch 5.0.4 Professions Issues

Community Manager
With the recent release of patch 5.0.4, two profession-related issues have cropped up. Unfortunately, neither of these can be hotfixed and will require a full client-side patch. Both of them will be addressed in some manner once the expansion has been released. Details of the two issues can be found below:

• There is a bug preventing players from applying weapon chains to ranged weapons. When Mists of Pandaria does arrive, players will be able to attach the newest weapon chain to ranged weapons. All previous weapon chains will then be updated in a future patch.

• Alchemists may have noticed that they are currently unable to select a specialization. This is because the specialization quest now requires materials from Mists of Pandaria. While this change was intended to eventually happen, our intentions were not to leave alchemists without the ability to select a specialization prior to the expansion’s release. You should be able to correctly select your specialization as of September 25.

• We apologize for the inconvenience these may have caused. It’s only a matter of weeks now until Mists of Pandaria arrives, so we ask for your patience in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to finally clear the mist for all of you!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Any word on a fix for the Alchemy bug that causes Mixology to not take effect (both in extra duration and extra stats to flasks)? Hasn't worked since early Cata =/
    Edited by Frostdaboss on 9/4/2012 8:32 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Warrior
    I was getting my mats ready to pick Pot spec and put it off for a week or two before 5.0. I just needed to make one more thing and I was set, too. >:
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Why do I get the feeling that ALL bugs (from 5.0.4) that require a full client-side patch won't happen until the 25th.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    It seems that when I went to make a dense embersilk bandage I had to go relearn it and the field one. Was not cool relearning them :(
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Wonderful. Now fixed the bugged "Mine" achievement in Isle of Conquest that has been shoddy about awarding itself correctly for a few patches now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    09/04/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Frostdaboss
    Any word on a fix for the Alchemy bug that causes Mixology to not take effect (both in extra duration and extra stats to flasks)? Hasn't worked since early Cata =/

I don't know why you're saying that. I have had no problem seeing the increased duration on my buff bar at all. The "extra stats" part isn't bugged either, per se. It's only an issue with the tooltip.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Death Knight
    Posting for Aelobin of The Maelstrom-EU

Is there a reason behind the crafting recipe for Adventurer's Journals Adventurer's Journal mysteriously disappearing from Inscription?
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    09/04/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Alayea

I don't know why you're saying that. I have had no problem seeing the increased duration on my buff bar at all. The "extra stats" part isn't bugged either, per se. It's only an issue with the tooltip.

It's not a common thing, but I'm definitely not getting double duration on flasks nor the extra 80 Int once flasked.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    I also can't trade Inks... Which is honestly annoying given how many glyphs I've been trying to make for people in the patch.
    Reply Quote
    86 Blood Elf Mage
    I would also like to ask if Alchemist not being able to learn/make Flask of Enhancement (alchemist's flask) is intended? I leveled up alchemy on a second toon yesterday and the trainer did not have it to learn. So I went on my other alchemist only to find that it's missing from her spellbook as well.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Hunter
    Good to know about the weapon chains. Gooooood!
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    09/04/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Poena
    I also can't trade Inks... Which is honestly annoying given how many glyphs I've been trying to make for people in the patch.

Unless Blizzard has rolled out a hotfix, you can still use Blackfallow Ink to trade inks with the vendor despite what the "price" is displaying. Or if that is not the case for you, could it be an addon interfering with the buying? I'm not sure what you mean.

09/04/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Sophia
    I would also like to ask if Alchemist not being able to learn/make Flask of Enhancement (alchemist's flask) is intended? I leveled up alchemy on a second toon yesterday and the trainer did not have it to learn. So I went on my other alchemist only to find that it's missing from her spellbook as well.

From an old beta thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4246995888
    Wowhead comment: http://www.wowhead.com/item=58149#comments:id=1705667

I would also like to note that there is no alchemy trinket for MoP. Could we please get a blue post regarding profession changes/design? (And I'm not talking about the whole Spirits of Harmony bit, either.)

Just... what are your intentions? /confused
    Edited by Alayea on 9/4/2012 11:56 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]