Patch 5.0.4 Professions Issues

100 Blood Elf Warlock
I got the alchemy quest before the patch, i was crafting my flasks required when the patch hit. I didin't get if on 25th they are gonna fix it so I can finish it with the flasks i already made, or I'll have to level up alchemy in order to be able to make the new flasks. Please, clear the mist respect of that :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/04/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Poena
I also can't trade Inks... Which is honestly annoying given how many glyphs I've been trying to make for people in the patch.

yes you can trade inks, it's bugged so it says you need ink of dreams, but if you try to trade one with a blackfallow one, you will get it. I'm doing it all the time :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
also another error or bug is in the auctionhouse

1. all items now appeared out of order, and when you click on items that have more than one or two, they reverse themselfs or goes to another page.
2. you cannot find the order of items. lets say you click on time left or by bidding, it does not appear in order and is scatter between higher and lessor amounts (could you please put the items at least back in order under each catagory.
3. when you bid on a item or look for the cheapest items to buy, you cannot find them without searching thru all the items, (the main problem that i see is that the whole auctionhouse is just showing up in sections randomly and not in order, at times, you might be able to find items in groups but not all the items.(I spend alot of time doing the aucitons with cloth and bags, when i put bags on for sale, I can find the newest ones i put on, i have to search thru three or four pages sometimes to find the older bags that were posted, , it no longer puts the cheapest bags first or sometimes they are mixed between the other bags which create a small jumble of items and someone like me with vision problems it causes alot of trouble seeing them sometimes.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Oldik
why does releasing a client side patch have to wait till the 25th? Whats wrong with pushing one out next week?

Well, considering that the thing which caused all these issues was the recent client-side patch; perhaps it's not something you should just throw out every week. When you fix one thing, ten other things can break.

Even with loads of testing time, in a game of this immense size, some issues can persist. Best to keep the patches isolated so that we're not spending every Tuesday wondering what crazy things we'll discover when we log in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/05/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Oldik
why does releasing a client side patch have to wait till the 25th? Whats wrong with pushing one out next week?

They have to burn the Gold Disc sometime for MoP Release. That's probably the priority now. A week or two won't matter at this point from a realistic view-point.

Just stock up now on things you know you will need.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/04/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Thetrump
What about the flippin' bug that's been consistent since day 1 of patch where any prof reciepes multiple between x2-x4 times? When's that being addressed and fixed?

This is happening to me as well. It seems to be when I leave Stormwind (for instance) and I am joined to another realm/server. It is not happening when I leave, but upon returning to Stormwind. I get a wall of blue text saying I have learned (relearned) everything profession wise. I have multiple smelt coppers etc. in my mining from this.

This is happening on all my characters, in all professions, including first aid, fishing, and cooking.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
So will I have to grind out MOP mats just to get the Transmute spec. I just finished getting true gold and waiting until MOP is a big loss for something that so much time and effort was invested in. Will Alchemists with this current BUG be compensated to some degree? I work and go to school full time so "casual" player is me to the T. Laugh if you would like but it took me about 2 weeks just to get the True Gold.
Reply Quote
81 Human Rogue
Blizzard is doing this kind of thing in all expansions

same mistakes always (level of guards of towns 5 levels+ of we can have)
Inscription requires mats that dosent exist in game yet.

Alterac Valley with bosses hiting hard (sometimes I realy dosent understand, why they have a beta server)

I mean same mistakes over and over all seasons.

i am realy bored because this time i cannot learn my transmute specialization, also new mats will cost a lot of $$$.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I don't see how it's fair that hunters get destroyed by disarm due to that bug.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Warrior
Kregore no understand.

Why Kregore able to make 5 copies of Copper Bars on pane when opening and closing?

Why Blacksmiths still can't learn recipes from older specializations?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Good to know my $15 a month is getting put to good use <sarcasm>.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I am having trouble with tayloring and enchanting professions. I have reached a point where all my skills are grey but I cant train for the next skills for another 5 levels.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/05/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Everto
I am having trouble with tayloring and enchanting professions. I have reached a point where all my skills are grey but I cant train for the next skills for another 5 levels.

go check out wow-professions.com. might point you in the right direction, maybe there are some recipes out in the world you can buy or farm quick.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/05/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Acrosis
I don't see how it's fair that hunters get destroyed by disarm due to that bug.

Isn't Disarm a melee attack?

With all the CC available, why would a Hunter be in Melee range?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have 2 Alchemists - one is level 525 and already had learned specialization and the lower toon is level 510 that I guess will have to wait to learn specialiation. But BOTH of them received "Alchemist Flasks" in their mailbox to replace the old Enhancement one we had. Before level 80 on my lower toon it had stats of 32, and then when I hit level 80, it bumped up to the stat bonus of 80. It seems to me that this "Alchemist Flask" IS our special flask (replacing the other one) and will level up/increase with us as we go.

If you know otherwise, please let me know -but look for "Alchemist's Flask" in your list, bags, or mailbox! Good luck!
Edited by Jaenna on 9/5/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/04/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Lizzies
So Blizzard answer me this...How are you going to make this right for everyone out there who had the quest in their books before patch 5.0?

They won't. They JUST POSTED that they won't fix it until MoP. More than 2 weeks, 2 Tuesdays where they could apply a patch. But nope.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
What about the bug that lists the same recipes multiple times in your profession windows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]