Patch 5.0.4 Professions Issues

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I would like to add the following issue:

Book of Glyph Mastery still required to learn some minor glyphs that use low-level inks, as research will yield nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Anything about the Archaeology issue where people are only getting 1 level per common "solve" above level 500? Anything at all?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
09/04/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Brennvin
Unfortunately, neither of these can be hotfixed and will require a full client-side patch.

W T F?!!! My game says that the game was patched today. My game says I still need Living Steel. You guys suck. I'm tired of trying to be polite about how cavalier you are about some things.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just curious, can anyone confirm that Adventurer Journals were removed from inscription intentionally. I cant find it on my inscriptionist anymore.

thanks
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Not sure if it's relevant, but the ink buying for inscription has reverted with patch 5.05. We can use blackfallow ink to purchase inks again.

Again not sure if that's intentional, but post patch 5, that hasn't been the case.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
09/11/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Arianni
Again not sure if that's intentional, but post patch 5, that hasn't been the case.

Has been the case. The requirement for MOP inks was cosmetic only.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So now I'll probably have to pay 20k for these mats at launch just to spec into transmutation? OMG not fair. Please fix so I can save the gold and headache!
Reply Quote
The bottom line here is Blizz wont do anything about it... they could of fixed it today. For all the alchemists who spent hours leveling your trade that's just to bad...wait till MOP then either max your trade AGAIN then spend a few weeks making the item yourself or pay through the nose to all the folks waiting to profit from this stupidity. THIS IS A PATHETIC MISMANAGEMENT OF THE GAME I PAY TO PLAY. You people need to get off your butts and fix it already. Or offer a way to do it on the 25th that still involves the true gold that i myself have had waiting since i could do the quest. I'm seriously regretting pre-ordering MOP if things continue down this path ill be spending my time and money elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/04/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Brennvin
You should be able to correctly select your specialization as of September 25.

Thank you for making my decision to resub or not so much easier.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Another profession item: tailors who have Dungeonmaster of Northrend and Loremaster of Northrend are unable to learn the recipes for Wispcloak and Deathchill Cloak from Charles Worth.

It is unclear whether this is intentional, and you can't get those recipes from the shared achievement and have to earn them yourself (which seems contrary to the intent of shared achievements) or whether this is a bug that will eventually be fixed. My tailor had most of the dungeons but that progress was wiped out when she inherited the Dungeonmaster achievement, so now she has the achievement and can't get it again, but also can't get the recipe. Surely it can't have been the design that you get these recipes only if the first toon you get these achievements on is a tailor.

EDIT: I don't know if this was a change in 5.0.5, but my tailor went ahead and finished all the dungeons (even though they were no longer tracked), and she then got the achievement again (but no points) and then was able to get the Wispcloak recipe. So it is working now, but more than a little kludgy since you have to keep track of it yourself and good luck trying to tell if you have Loremaster on a second character.
Edited by Belmyra on 9/14/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
09/11/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Baelorich
Anything about the Archaeology issue where people are only getting 1 level per common "solve" above level 500? Anything at all?

^This. Figured on my downtime of nothing really going on I would finally get around to leveling arch and try to get the vial recipe. After 503 I get 1 lvl per solve and then all the sudden nothing a bit past that even on a rare item solve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Because blizzard doesn't give a flying F*** about us and it would be far more... financially beneficial to have us completely eating out or their palms on the 25th?
Reply Quote
I got on earlier and saw that in both assassin and combat spec (doing nothing different), my dps went down 10k in assass and 15k in combat. Anyone else? Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I am also showing version 5.0.5 in my gaming interface
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Wòunds
I am also showing version 5.0.5 in my gaming interface

I got on earlier and saw that in both assassin and combat spec (doing nothing different), my dps went down 10k in assass and 15k in combat. Anyone else? Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks

What on earth does this post have to do with this thread?!?

By the way I don't mind waiting till the 25th. Whats the benifit of making extra potions/transmutes/elixers on current content lvl anyway, no one wants to buy that stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't suppose you can count all the deleted resist recipes as a 'profession issue'? Really wasn't any point in removing them given their lack of impact on end game content. All deleting them did was hurt collectors.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! BLIZZARD!!! You guys are killin' me.... I wish I'd known about the change in the specialization quests BEFORE I'd switched professions, spent days leveling, thousands in gold, and used all the mats I'd saved up to either sell or help level my panda alt's inscription (or alchemy)!. Granted I did all this a bit late in the season, but was trying to get it all done before MoP hit on the 25th. I expected the quest to change at that time but not a month before hand. I did do a bit of research to find out where to expect to find the quest and the mats needed (since the last time I did these quests was in BC), but didn't see anything regarding this issue. Just seems a bit sloppy that a quest intended for cata level alchemists can't be completed until well into MoP!

Personally I liked the old days of the pages and pages of patch notes. It gave me something to read while waiting for the game to update on patch day and kept me from making costly mistakes such as this. Change is good. But this? Not so much...

I did for a minute regret pre-ordering the xpac, And did for a minute considered cancelling my subscription on both my accounts (already cancelled one of them) but hey, it's just a game right? And the hours I spent re-leveling another profession for basically no reason - the hours that I'll never get back. Well, I guess I'll chalk it all up to experience. I should have known better and/or done MORE research before making the decision to do this I suppose...
Edited by Ozymandias on 9/15/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
On a side note you may want to check out cooking too. From 290 to 300 there are no increase recipes to get to 300 unless you do cooking dailies. There are those who must wait to increase their skill before the launch of MoP. Just bringing it to your attention.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]