Patch 5.0.4 Professions Issues

90 Dwarf Hunter
What I need to know is I have a level 82 hunter that is Alch I want to make her a transmute master...so your saying when Sept 25th comes around she can use the 4 truegold to become a transmute master or not?.....I don't known if to keep her under level 85 or not before Sept 25th so I can use the 4 true gold I made on another alch to use on her for her payment. Can I level her to 85 or should I hold off making her 85 so I can use those true gold up?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Biggest problem remains unpatchable: Cross Realm Zones causing overfarming nodes and rares on med and low pop servers. This means its extremely difficult to get raw mats to level up professions that rely on gathering. Even the AH doesnt have much anymore. The result is that fewer people will be able to level up Blacksmithing, Alchemy and Jewelcrafting - which is bad, we already don't have a ton of those because we are a med-low pop server.

We chose to play on a med-low pop server, yet now CRZ brings us all the disadvantages of a high population server and none of the benefits. If we wanted to play on a crowded server, we would have transferred to one. Please fix Cross Realm Zones and their effects on resource nodes and rare spawns.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
my issue is much worse. when i logged in, to my dismay, i found that both of my ground away professions were dead and gone only to be replaced by a 525 herbalism which i have never used. also i have a few herbalism-esque items in my bags and everything else is gone. as far as equipment, toolbars, and my secondary skills, everything is normal.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I haven't read anything on this thread about alchemist created cauldrons - I don't peruse the forums much so I may have missed it, but what was the reasoning for removing the double time on flasks from cauldrons?

I'm a maxed and Elixir spec'd alchemist (in fact I have 3 alchemists - all spec'd) but I've noticed that our cauldron flasks only last 1-hour (2-hour for alchemists) now. I do enjoy being able to mail cauldrons to my alts but if that's the trade-off, it wasn't worth it for me. And, having to farm more herbs to make twice the number of cauldrons per raid is just making the game even more grindy then I already find it - especially since they've severely reduced the number of bonus flasks on creation of them. I used to rarely get 10 flasks from a single combine, now I rarely get 2.

I think my real question is why is Blizzard participating in so much "take back" with regard to the game? If they had to remove the bonus length of time on flasks with cauldrons why not replace it with something else? Like a bonus to a food buff or a secondary stat increase as well as the normal flask buff? Maybe cause the feast buff (if a feast was dropped) to persist through death?

I find it difficult to believe that the change was a result of negative inpact on gold making by Alchemists professionals because that would lead me to ask why the treatment of Engineers then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What about blacksmiths??We have been looseing recipes with every patch since Burning Crusade,and wouldn't you know it we lost another with this last patch...I've opened numerous tickets on this and I am told they are going to be put back in.Well here we are 3 expansions later and I don't know how many patches,and these recipes haven't shown up yet....With this last patch it seems we lost the Truesilver Gauntlets.Are we going to get any of these recipes restored as well as the old epic weapon and armor recipes any time soon??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Any word on if we can switch Alch specs using Cata mats yet? Would prefer not to wait until the 25th, unless it plans to stay Cata mats for a while after the xpac.
Reply Quote
there is nothing at the Achemy trainer for me to lrun at 525 and I have bought the Zen lvl
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Does anyone here know where I can learn Rough Blasting Powder for Engineering? All the trainers seem to start selling skill level 30 items not skill level 1. Just wondering, is there a bug or do only some trainers sell it for you?

Gingy
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
"Alchemists may have noticed that they are currently unable to select a specialization. This is because the specialization quest now requires materials from Mists of Pandaria. While this change was intended to eventually happen, our intentions were not to leave alchemists without the ability to select a specialization prior to the expansion’s release. You should be able to correctly select your specialization as of September 25."

Ok blizzard you promised anyone not over 85 could use my true gold for my level 83 hunter alch...I can't its still asking for Living Steel ..fix this now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Does anyone here know where I can learn Rough Blasting Powder for Engineering? All the trainers seem to start selling skill level 30 items not skill level 1. Just wondering, is there a bug or do only some trainers sell it for you?

Gingy
Please Reply
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
09/04/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Brennvin
You should be able to correctly select your specialization as of September 25.

Sept 25th has come and gone. Where is my 4 Living Steel? I would have to spend 24 days transmuting ghost iron bars (that a herb+alch wouldn't have by himself) and another 4 days transmuting Living Steel. All with no procs because... well... I'm not the transmutation master that I should've been able to be a month ago. So what you guys said would be a few weeks (your lame excuse for not fixing it despite a patch that could've addressed it) is more realistically a few months. Which says nothing of the lost money from procs that we could've enjoyed and/or having to buy the mats to rush to fix YOUR mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
how about fixing the spirit of harmony to bind on account
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Ok blizzard we are still waiting on this issue to be resolved...your stated right here it would be fixed ...well its been way over a month now and we are still waiting to get our Mastery for our Alch professions using the Cata mats that you promised we could use......how bout standing behind your promise for once.
Reply Quote
This has probably been covered already, but I just scanned for blue posts and didn't see it covered. Blacksmith's should be able to make sockets for bracers and gloves. We can not make them now as we did before. Is this a bugged and if so when will it be fixed?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
And here we still sit with another broken promise by blizzard on picking our mastery for Alchemy....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Please add JC PvP power gems. It's a worthless profession for PvPers atm.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Moused
Ok blizzard we are still waiting on this issue to be resolved...your stated right here it would be fixed ...well its been way over a month now and we are still waiting to get our Mastery for our Alch professions using the Cata mats that you promised we could use......how bout standing behind your promise for once.

They promised no such thing. They said that you would be able to select your alchemy specialization on September 25th. The expansion is out and the necessary materials are available, so you can now complete your specialization quest.
Edited by Keeblik on 10/18/2012 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Mage
I cannot level up past 75 no matter how much ore collecting or smelting I do
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
@Keenladoob. Did you go to the mining trainer to learn the next level of mining? Once you hit 75, 150, 225, 300, 375, 450, 525 you have to buy the next level of mining from a trainer or you won't skill up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]