Tank Lounge 46: Tankquility

64 Draenei Death Knight
09/07/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Feandel
Are you supposed to let TfB stack up? I thought it was designed like scent of blood for blood dks where you get stacks that buff you but they dont really affect play at all.

It has some sort of interaction with HS to turn it into a proc-upped super strike or something. Even ignoring that, I was still pulling some reasonably good numbers on my goblin just self-buffed, so it's not that Arms isn't "effective" it's that it's too...random.

Either way, I don't like Fury. Never really have. So it's arms or prot for me.

Maybe its just that I havent gemmed crit but arms seemed less random than fury to me.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't tried fury yet, so I can't really comment there.

There were a few times where I was waiting for something to come off cooldown- but I'm assuming that's because I was level 80 and didn't have colossal smash (i think that's what it's called) yet.

But, I like arms, I just don't like that the HfB thing isn't really clear. I really wish they'd separate talents into 'passive' tab and 'active' tab.
90 Human Paladin
Wouldn't a double and a triple strength HS be roughly the same damage as a 5x strength HS? Outside of the rage difference, at least.
90 Orc Warrior
Probably, yeah. Having more crit makes Fury just so much more reasonable and less random.

Turning our rage dump into a super strike I think is kind of a dumb move since that leaves Arms, for the most part, without a rage dump.

I don't know how I'd design Arms if I was a dev, though. I certainly wouldn't do this design. Cata Arms was good enough and I think didn't need a huge redesign. I realize it did with Rend being gone, but you could have finagled Deep Wounds to do the same with OP. Slam stays as GCD filler. I think you could still also work with the 6sec CD of MS and not change that back to 4.5sec. I also don't think you'd need an additional ability to fill that last GCD in general. Both Arms and Fury have a core CD strike (MS/BT), a filler (Slam/WS), a proc (OP/RB), and HS as the rage dump, and I think that works well.

That makes it sound as if Arms and Fury are the same though. They're not.

Blergh. Screw Arms, Fury is way better.

Wouldn't a double and a triple strength HS be roughly the same damage as a 5x strength HS? Outside of the rage difference, at least.

Two stacks makes HS hit for 330%, three 440%, etc. A 5stack HS is considerably more damage, you'll just never see it. I think they intend for you to use HS at 2-3 stacks usually with 5stacks being that rare AHA, EAT THIS FOUL KNAVE type of thing.

Still doesn't make it feel any better. I guess I really just don't like TfB buffing our rage dump, and I really don't like OP proccing off of itself. MS, Slam, and CS w/ Sudden Death are all fine, but the basic Arms mechanic itself is pretty crappy.
Edited by Samayael on 9/7/2012 11:13 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior
I love fury, I just need to squeeze more crit out of my gear. I should regem.

But if I'm going to do that, should it be just pure crit or crit/str gems?
Edited by Lêssín on 9/7/2012 12:08 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
Ha .. I finished my image for the facebook cover thingy =o
90 Human Warrior
09/07/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Eflow

And you're just gonna keep us in the dark about it...? D:
80 Draenei Shaman
09/07/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Kahzregi
You're assuming that those things drop.

May or may not have gotten almost fully fitted in Firelands gear with 0 DKP during first Firelands raid with guild.

And then again in DS. >_>

Law of averages is going to get me. It'll be months before I see something drop in Mists.
90 Troll Warrior
You're assuming that those things drop.

May or may not have gotten almost fully fitted in Firelands gear with 0 DKP during first Firelands raid with guild.

And then again in DS. >_>

Law of averages is going to get me. It'll be months before I see something drop in Mists.

You're a caster Shaman; you're the intersection of "most sparsely populated token" and "those maelstrom crystals disguised as spirit mail." Of course you got a ton of gear for almost nothing. :P

Edit: Oh, wait, it occurs to me you may not be referring to your Shaman.
Edited by Sildas on 9/7/2012 12:48 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
09/07/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Lêssín

TG, full crit, three orange gems (chest, helm, legs probably as well because 30str is good enough).

SMF, hybrids in near BiS gear. Not sure why the difference is there actually.
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Lowmaine

And you're just gonna keep us in the dark about it...? D:

at least until tomorrow =D
80 Draenei Shaman
09/07/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Sildas
Edit: Oh, wait, it occurs to me you may not be referring to your Shaman.

Es posibel. ;) The "being 80 and in greens" thing kind of makes DS gearing difficult.

But with 35% nerf, who knows?
Edited by Loveshðck on 9/7/2012 1:05 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/07/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Samayael

TG, full crit, three orange gems (chest, helm, legs probably as well because 30str is good enough).

SMF, hybrids in near BiS gear. Not sure why the difference is there actually.

Gonna have to stick with mostly str+crit gems, because I refuse to pay 1k per uncut gem for lightstones. At least, I won't end of expansion.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Hey demo, is there ANY news anywhere about dragon roar for tanks, or am i just stupid and not finding anything about it (google/wow search isn't showing anything that says they changed it)
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/07/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Cynbria
Hey demo, is there ANY news anywhere about dragon roar for tanks, or am i just stupid and not finding anything about it (google/wow search isn't showing anything that says they changed it)

?
90 Human Warrior
09/07/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Ðemolition

?

All I've heard is that Dragon Roar's our best single-target option, and Shockwave is what we use for groups of mobs, say like in Heroic 5mans or add-tanking in raids.
90 Human Death Knight
09/07/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Samayael
I've been trying to convince myself to do that. But 2% crit difference doesn't seem worth it. But "seem" is subjective, so maybe I just need to trust math.

Odd discovery for today:

Frost specs can ignore KM. The DPS loss, if any, is less than 0.5%.
o.O

Do tell.
Am I hearing: we don't need to game OB/FS for KM per spec?
90 Troll Warrior
Es posibel. ;) The "being 80 and in greens" thing kind of makes DS gearing difficult.

But with 35% nerf, who knows?

With how much the armory wigs out sometimes, and how fast you can level now, I wouldn't be surprised.
80 Draenei Shaman
I wish I knew who was still on GV on the forums, but I can't be arsed to check.

I know of a few regulars but the rest are like herp and the derp in the derpity.

I'm on about my eighth shot of Nyquil and coherency may suffer. Read my posts at your own risk, lest ye be sucked into the whirling rainbow, banana and bunny whirlpool that is my Diphenhydramine-induced madness.
Edited by Loveshðck on 9/7/2012 3:51 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I meant if blizz had said anything about why dragon roar doesn't generate threat.
Shockwave I can understand being better aoe threat, but on moving targets I can see that being a very big problem.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]