CRZs. Your thoughts?

90 Troll Priest
I've been watching the General forums quite a bit lately, and this has been a strong point of contention from both sides. Some people love it, and the most common reason seems to be because they actually see people out in the world again. Most people seem to hate this new feature for a myriad of reasons. What are your thoughts?

P.S. Can we at least attempt to keep it civil? There's enough flaming going on in General to cover it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
good idea if they can fix the over-lag it gives

also maybe you are more aware than me, but are Pandaria zones gonna be CRZ at the release of MoP ? because it was already hard back in cata to get those quest items with only our server, I don't want like 2-3x more people chasing these objects
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I like it a lot. Despite the issues other people are having, I haven't had any.

- I never lag

- Leveling my alts isn't an issue, as I always get all the quest items (72Shaman, 16mage)

- I never run into other people farming / botters.

- I never camp for rare spawns, so I don't have competition.

Instead, I've met a few new people, and have had a lot of fun dueling people outside of org. CRZ is an improvement IMO. Not sure what everyone is complaining about...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't like it. Eventually there will be farmers and what not, since we share the same nodes. We're on our own separate realms for a reason.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
I don't understand the reason for it honestly. I'll have to work harder for nodes, get disappointing when hovering somebody in the middle of nowhere to find out they are on Garona... The realm time is different a lot...

I hate it
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/06/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Vaeth
are Pandaria zones gonna be CRZ at the release of MoP ?

I haven't been able to find any clear answer to this one way or another, although I've heard people say both. The closest I can find is the following, which doesn't specifically state anything about Pandaria.

Q. What about zones that are already overpopulated, like new race starting zones?
With this technology, we can also flag zones to allow for more than one copy of that zone per realm. Players on that realm will be split among those copies in order to alleviate problems due to overpopulation. Players won’t normally see or interact with those on a different instance of their zone, although joining a party will relocate all party members to a single instance of that zone.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Pro's
-People populating most zones
-World PvP (lol)
-Cross Server grouping capability

Con's
-Sharing one set of node spawns among 3-5(More realms seem to be added, plan seems to be to have all realms capable of crossing each other, PvE, PvP, or RP regardless)
-Waiting around for mob spawns
-Rare camping for OLD rares are WORSE than when they were CURRENT on most mid-high pop realms
-World events bugging out (Phasing, Quest, Daily issues)
-Realm Times shifting in and out (Makes weather/events/phasing wonky)
-Fishing Tournaments having a larger pool of competition with no increase of tournaments (So 6 servers worth of people going for a once a week event that was generally pretty popular.)
-General MOBA/LFR(LFD) pug behaviors, generic internet douchebaggery (guilty <--- when deserved)
-Server issues aren't addressed, there are just people phasing in and out giving the illusion of a populated server... but they aren't from your server. Pretty redundant, but just leads to more elitism/griefing.
-Lack of an optin/out

There needs to be some heavy alterations if not a removal of this half baked implementation. There are few and far between any group quests that this is even encouraged to use for. Sharing zones with multiple servers, but maintaining a supply of only one server's worth of events/mobs/nodes shows the lack of foresight that should of been accounted for. I love me some good old random fights, however per usual mmo standard people will not engage the majority of the time unless you are outclassed, undergeared, at low health, outnumbered, or vastly outleveled. I'm honestly surprised there has been no feedback regarding the general player "hate".

On the other hand some people love it, but they will think otherwise as profession material costs soar or they have to spend a much longer time questing/doing dailies/being griefed. I realize there are bugs to work out and I expect Blizzard is just testing the waters, as live realms will garner more feedback than a test realm. Personally, I just don't want to have to dish out tons of gold on the AH to level professions, spend hours to farm what should of been 20-30 minutes of farming, and just overall being delayed by people on other realms who consequently are also being delayed by "us". The irony of all this is a feature added to improve community is actually just tearing it apart more.

TLDR; CRZ was not very well thought out, great on paper, but poor implementation. Some positives, mostly cons. Very subjective material. Needs an optin/out or personal spawn/nodes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
What she said ^

Moove out of the way RealID, we have found something worse than you and a MOBA community.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Warrior
caerbeers just deel with it its an MMO

I r glad 2 camp ur noeds and gank low bee al day long . beast adiction evar to gam
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Whats a CRZ?
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Cross Realm Zone
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Cross Realm Zone - Multiple servers sharing a zone, or zones intended to bandaid-fix a lack of people. Does not include cities. Except SMC apparently (That place needs it though imo.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Pro's
-People populating most zones
-World PvP (lol)
-Cross Server grouping capability

Con's
-Sharing one set of node spawns among 3-5(More realms seem to be added, plan seems to be to have all realms capable of crossing each other, PvE, PvP, or RP regardless)
-Waiting around for mob spawns
-Rare camping for OLD rares are WORSE than when they were CURRENT on most mid-high pop realms
-World events bugging out (Phasing, Quest, Daily issues)
-Realm Times shifting in and out (Makes weather/events/phasing wonky)
-Fishing Tournaments having a larger pool of competition with no increase of tournaments (So 6 servers worth of people going for a once a week event that was generally pretty popular.)
-General MOBA/LFR(LFD) pug behaviors, generic internet douchebaggery (guilty <--- when deserved)
-Server issues aren't addressed, there are just people phasing in and out giving the illusion of a populated server... but they aren't from your server. Pretty redundant, but just leads to more elitism/griefing.
-Lack of an optin/out

There needs to be some heavy alterations if not a removal of this half baked implementation. There are few and far between any group quests that this is even encouraged to use for. Sharing zones with multiple servers, but maintaining a supply of only one server's worth of events/mobs/nodes shows the lack of foresight that should of been accounted for. I love me some good old random fights, however per usual mmo standard people will not engage the majority of the time unless you are outclassed, undergeared, at low health, outnumbered, or vastly outleveled. I'm honestly surprised there has been no feedback regarding the general player "hate".

On the other hand some people love it, but they will think otherwise as profession material costs soar or they have to spend a much longer time questing/doing dailies/being griefed. I realize there are bugs to work out and I expect Blizzard is just testing the waters, as live realms will garner more feedback than a test realm. Personally, I just don't want to have to dish out tons of gold on the AH to level professions, spend hours to farm what should of been 20-30 minutes of farming, and just overall being delayed by people on other realms who consequently are also being delayed by "us". The irony of all this is a feature added to improve community is actually just tearing it apart more.

TLDR; CRZ was not very well thought out, great on paper, but poor implementation. Some positives, mostly cons. Very subjective material. Needs an optin/out or personal spawn/nodes.

Pretty much this. ^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
My biggest complaint at this point, besides all the bugs which obviously weren't intended, is the griefing and complete lack of community. Madoran has always been kind of a close knit server. The reason a lot of the people who stay do, is because of our community. The people we're encountering now in CRZ are not a part of that, and therefore have no problem being complete asshats.

It's not that I mind having other people in the zones. I get that this is an MMO and was designed for their to be people around. That's great! What I dislike is that these people feel like they're never going to see me again, so it doesn't matter if they kill steal, mob tag, etc., and there are no repercussions. At this point, you can't ignore them if they whisper you something nasty, and reporting them does zero good unless it's something pretty extreme.

Also, though I haven't seen much of it yet, I have the same economic concerns. Where it used to be just the populace of Madoran farming, let's say, Sholozar Basin for Saronite, now we have Madoran, Staghelm, Trollbane, Whisperwind, Gorona, Thunderhorn, Burning Blade, and Kargath. I'm sure you can do the math on just how many of those Saronite nodes Madoran will actually end up with. That means less mats going up on the AH, less money moving around the economy, the effects could become staggering.

One of the biggest complaints of low population realms (not us, by the way, we're medium pop) was that their economy was suffering and there simply weren't people to be able to bring into guilds, PuG with, etc. CRZ does nothing to fix that. It only brings the illusion of more people. You can't invite these other players to your guild, or invite them to raid (minus battetag of course). It does nothing to improve the economy, but actually takes away from it. And it shatters the one thing any low, or even medium population realm has going for it; the sense of community.

So, long story short here, I think it was an interesting idea, but the actual implementation of it was drastically flawed. I think it really does more harm then good, and they need to find a way to balance it out. I don't know if that will be by out and out removal, making it optional, or making it zone and level specific (i.ie., only people 58-63 cross realms in HFP, everyone outside level appropriate stays on their own realm). I do know they need to do something.
Edited by Ayua on 9/7/2012 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/07/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Failbeard
Cross Realm Zone - Multiple servers sharing a zone, or zones intended to bandaid-fix a lack of people. Does not include cities. Except SMC apparently (That place needs it though imo.)

Crap. So they're going the AOC route?!?!?!?! Instanced zones?

Ok I gotta go look this up :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
09/07/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Vardar

Crap. So they're going the AOC route?!?!?!?! Instanced zones?

Ok I gotta go look this up :(

Yep.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Well, we finally got a blue post.

I know there have been a large number of discussions regarding cross-realm zones, especially given that this is a brand new feature in World of Warcraft as of patch 5.0.4.

Your feedback is being compiled and reported back to the developers. We’re actively monitoring both positive and critical topics expressing issues or concerns players are having with cross-realm zones. We plan to clarify much of the causes for confusion in the near future. Until then, I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile and categorize the common reports for this. :)

Stolen from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325?page=21#new-post
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
With all the hate on CRZ, I have a feeling they're going to implement an on/off switch on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In all honesty im liking the crz for pvp zones like halaa and what not. My world defense has been going crazy as of lately and my rogue is liking it so much action.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
09/07/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Ansme
With all the hate on CRZ, I have a feeling they're going to implement an on/off switch on it.

I'm not a pro, but I don't think that this is any easy to do.. the best I can see is implementing more nodes and faster respawn rates.. these seems to be the reasons why people complain the most
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]