Character drop down menu not working

90 Night Elf Druid
It used to be, when I clicked on the little "v" next to my character name at the top right of the screen, I could see my recent posts, click on my profile, change characters, etc. That no longer happens. Click on the "v" and nada. The one next to my name on each post *sometimes* works for that function but rarely.

Also, attempting to click on my Support link at the top because I have a gold bubble lit up from a help ticket response and still nothing happens. I try to open link in a new window and it just opens another forum window.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Character drop down menu isn't working for me either. and for some reason my guild name and my toon name are on top of one another.
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Warrior
Same here drop down doesn't work so I can no longer use the Auction house function for my main since I can't switch to my main...very very frustrating
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Looking around some more i found that if i switch over to the diablo forums the drop down menu works for me there. that seems very strange to me because you would think both websites work the same way. and an edit to my above post, its not my guild name under my toon name it is my first name and my toon name. they seem like they are overlayed on top of each other.

we are not the only ones.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521152183
Edited by Grishwall on 9/7/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I am the above post also. Found a work around. i went to the D3 website. use the drop down menu there. it work for me. i selected the toon i wanted. logged out. logged back in and the toon i selected, this one, stayed logged in.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Same trouble here.

For note, you can switch via the arrow to the left of the posting window and it seems to stay, for me anyway.
Edited by Flipmode on 9/7/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
same here, even shows my old toons that i deleted 8 months ago
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
09/07/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Grisher
I am the above post also. Found a work around. i went to the D3 website. use the drop down menu there. it work for me. i selected the toon i wanted. logged out. logged back in and the toon i selected, this one, stayed logged in.

Just tried that and it did not work, and there have been alot of posts about it and still no blue response. At least I can change it at work for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
09/07/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Amaranthas
It used to be, when I clicked on the little "v" next to my character name at the top right of the screen, I could see my recent posts, click on my profile, change characters, etc.

Hi Amaranthas and those who also reported similar issues: thanks for your bug reports!

We've identified an issue with the character switching on some older versions of Internet Explorer and we're working on a fix to address this issue.
Edited by Pavenly on 9/7/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It used to be, when I clicked on the little "v" next to my character name at the top right of the screen, I could see my recent posts, click on my profile, change characters, etc.

Hi Amaranthas and those who also reported similar issues: thanks for your bug reports!

We've identified an issue with the character switching on some older versions of Internet Explorer and we're working on a fix to address this issue.

Awesome. I'm using an old version of IE currently (yay for work not bothering to upgrade!), but it's also doing this at home on the latest version of Firefox.
Edited by Amaranthas on 9/7/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Yea its happening for me and I use firefox so please check for that too and I promise to bring cookies!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Same issues for me, running IE 8 64 bit. This started yesterday, I did not change anything on my system.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
its even on the wow app as well same issue .. soo lol
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We've fixed the issue causing the character drop down menu not to appear in affected browsers. If you're still experiencing problems after refreshing, please update this thread.

Thanks again for the reports (they really do help) and we apologize for the inconvenience!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Mine is working perfect now. thanks for the quick fix.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Still not working for me and I am on Firefox.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
09/10/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Nforcer
Still not working for me and I am on Firefox.

Can you give some more information so we can help identify the issue?

• Where are you trying to change your character? In the upper right-hand corner?
  • Does the character select menu open when you click the down arrow?
  • If the menu opens, are you unable to click a character?
  • Are you receiving any errors? (Press Shift + Ctrl + J and click on the Errors tab to bring up the error log)
  • What version of Firefox are you using? (To see the version click the orange Firefox button in the upper-left of the browser window, then go to "Help > About Firefox")
  • Do you have any special browser plugins or add-ons installed like Skype or Adblock or NoScript?

I checked Firefox 15.0.1 and I'm able to change my characters on all pages.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
im having this issue but the difference is i can change who im posting on just not see my actual name or guild name.

on the other side the character name isnt centered
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
and its now working properly
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Upper right hand corner, on the downward arrow.
No.
I see an error that says TypeError: Toggle.open is not a function.
Timestamp: 9/10/2012 9:05:24 PM
Error: TypeError: Toggle.open is not a function
Source File: http://us.battle.net/wow/static/local-common/js/core.js?v42
Line: 1942

Firefox 15.0.1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]