TMM recruiting! 12/14 heroic Siege

90 Human Paladin
Shattered's thread was looking to recruit goods from Vertigo, but I don't think it's fair to only open recruitment to the 1% of a guild's membership. So this one is for the 99 percenters!

The Mediocre Men have successfully shaken off the cob webs with the launch of Pandaria. We are currently looking for skilled or breathing individuals dedicated to things like "showing up" and "showing up consistently" in order to fill up our rosters and head back into 10 man content - and perhaps coming soon, 25 man content!

You may remember us from such hits as "Officially forming in BC and going on to be one of the top guilds of Thunderlord," "server or alliance firsts spread throughout Burning Crusade, Wrath, and a few spots at the intro of Cataclysm," and "that one Black Temple drama thread that got onto wowinsider."

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7 to 11 server time. We're looking for a couple players for each role, so no matter your class or spec, if you have a pulse, can show up and can be someone I don't want to hit in the face, we may have a spot. However, we are particularly interested in hybrid dps/healers. And hunters.

We are also participating in the typical arena play and world PvP. I would say rated battlegrounds, but I loathe the lack of a ladder system and consider RBGs little more than a pointless exercise in achievement and gear hunting. But if the crew's there, we'll git 'er done too.

So come join The Mediocre Men for pandas and have a jolly good time killing bosses, players and lots of time you could've spent doing something productive. You can hit up either myself or Jaycalette in game with questions/membership inquiries, or head on over to mediocremen.org and fill out the application.

Important Things: We provide always-on guild repairs and we are a guild of fun-loving people, so if you enjoy breaking and repairing your gear repeatedly for free and if you also enjoy enjoying yourself, join on up.
Edited by Applemask on 5/19/2014 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
good luck !
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
So you're saying you're recruiting all of Shattered except for displaced No Contest members and Gewchie?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/07/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Marsattacks
So you're saying you're recruiting all of Shattered except for displaced No Contest members and Gewchie?

That makes me feel good about myself :O
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
catparty is too rude
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/07/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Riketycrikit
catparty is too rude
wat
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/07/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Catparty
catparty is too rude
wat

I miss doing Rbgs with you and you destroying multiple kids 1v3 in mid in eots.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

wat

I miss 15v15 RBG week, and saving the gnomes to keep them as prisoners in AB.
Edited by Catparty on 9/7/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior

I miss 15v15 RBG week, and saving the gnomes to keep them as prisoners in AB.

YOU DID WHAT WITH MY PEOPLE!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Good luck with recruitment!

Does Chalupa still play?
Wanted to ask him about a certain Kel'thuzad kill that went awry.

<3 Zephyy and Varran
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
09/07/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Marsattacks

oh
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Does Chalupa still play?
Wanted to ask him about a certain Kel'thuzad kill that went awry.

Haven't seen him in awhile. I think the most likely explanation is that he FELL IN A HOLE AND DIED.
Edited by Applemask on 9/8/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This excites me greatly. Good luck with the recruitment and progress into the expansion! I've missed seeing that guild tag around summoning stones (or actually seeing summoning stones in general.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Glad to see TMM still going. Its always nice to see the older guilds still alive and moving through content. I would love to be in this guild. GL in MoP. Hope to see you guys doing well in t14.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I would love to see TMM make a strong comeback in MoP especially if that means Applemask starts talking on vent and leading raids again, BETTER WATCH OUT!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/09/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Profile
I would love to see TMM make a strong comeback in MoP especially if that means Applemask starts talking on vent and leading raids again, BETTER WATCH OUT!

I thought apple only talked to E!@#$%'s?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Once upon a time, Applemask was one of the FIERCEST RAID LEADERS OF ALL TIME, calling people !@#$ing retarded left and right in vent. And telling people where 'east' could be found. And then someone crushed his soul with cancerous, contagious stupidity. Two expansions and a guild-wide chemotherapy later, Applemask may be prepared to rage in vent again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Old times are the best times.

I hope Mists is a lot more like TBC for our server.

Lots of healthy, "friendly" competition between a handful of solid guilds.

<3
Edited by Emptronic on 9/10/2012 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Would be nice. I think there are a lot of disillusioned old-schoolers out there that would probably have more fun than they think if they joined the right guilds.
Edited by Methusula on 9/10/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
One can only hope.

Cataclysm saw the ultimate evolution of the degenerating spirit of competition on Thunderlord. Rather than actually competing against one another, players would simply trade up to any guild that passed their own in progression by even one boss - killing off a dozen guilds in the process.

I wasn't playing during Vertigo's collapse, but if I were to make an assumption, I'd guess it was crushed by the sound of sixty five brilliant players slamming their sippy cups down as they came to the shocking realization that joining a guild one heroic boss kill ahead of your previous guild isn't a step up, when raid group #9 that you're now a part of doesn't even kill half as many bosses as you were killing before. Or in some cases, when said players don't even get to be a part of a raid at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]