Fire mages are ridiculous!

90 Draenei Mage
Umm.. if you have a class that can dispell then frost barrier becomes a joke. Not only is it easy to dispell or steal but it has a long cooldown for how important it is for a mage's survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I just used scroll of rez to bring my mage to my current server, and oh man. I've always loved fire and I now know what my main will be later this month. Mage was my first class back in beta/Vanilla and now I've come full circle. Even if at 90 it turns out to be a little strong and gets the nerf bat, the playstyle itself is really damn fun.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/07/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Smoovie
and why don't I see many frost mages?

hi

Hello, neighbor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
09/07/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Dumbleditz
I'm not having a blast on my mage. . . yesterday I was fighting a single alloy druid who was trolling around Org. . . he did absolutely nothing to me, just spammed his survival abilities and heals and let me free cast. . . and I was never able to bring him below 30% health, much less be at any risk of killing him. . .
Fail... Sheep, Spell steal, Frost Jaw, DF, Combustion, CS, DB... Line 'em up and knock 'em down. /win

I heard you can sheep Druids. Especially Feral/Guardian/Balance Druids...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
<--- walking frozen bag bones, =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
BG's----> Fire
Arena/duel-----> Frost

This really isn't anything new. And blizz also took away mage ward and mana shield so the fact that they gave ice barrier as a talent to all just seemed like necessity. A clothie caster with no shields wouldn't fly very well with the community.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/08/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Pewpewblast
Fail... Sheep, Spell steal, Frost Jaw, DF, Combustion, CS, DB... Line 'em up and knock 'em down. /win

I heard you can sheep Druids. Especially Feral/Guardian/Balance Druids...

Sounds like they're talking about a resto druid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
This some sort of joke a DK that glyphs DnD whining about mages, ohh wait nevermind its just another person who has never broken 1500 and has no idea how to play.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Good DK's still rip caster face off.

Also, while I like having Ice Barrier - I miss having Blazing Speed. Mobility is shot.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
09/07/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Shattering
I'll still play my mage, for sure... But the fun of running into a BG in Fire and running cricles around melee with Blazing Speed up and 1.2sec Scorches going constantly.... It's pretty much gone.

THIS
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Fire may not be so bad once people get used to being able to dispel their instant pyros.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
09/07/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Stalyx
I use blazing speed instead of ice barrier.

Me too. My mage is my very first toon, now it's my 2nd alt, and since I've geared up this Lock and my Sham main, I've been doing alot of bgs to gear up my mage. I went with Temporal Shield at first, but I was discovering that getting locked down in stuns and silences, the window wasn't great and most classes who could lock me down could tear right through it anyway. I guessed that ice barrier would have the same problem.

TS and IB might be a lot more effective if you have a pocket healer and/or in arena with a healer dedicated to helping you live, but in random bg situations that seems to be hit-or-miss; so, Blazing Speed has been more useful to me. Especially in combination w/ Blink to get away, or even just when the fighting is chaotic w/ a lot of people, being able to move around every so often (change positions) with speed.
Edited by Daegog on 9/9/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
<- PvP fire mage since WotLK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
cuz u suck
less qq more pp and less hate and more !@#$%^-*!e
I SUPPORT AIDS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
both fire and frost got really good now dont think so go frost put down a frozen orb and put your frost bomb on someone better yet get living bomb and spread it with fire blast while casting frost bolt and ice lance then you tell me if there not strong
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
both fire and frost got really good now dont think so go frost put down a frozen orb and put your frost bomb on someone better yet get living bomb and spread it with fire blast while casting frost bolt and ice lance then you tell me if there not strong
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/09/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Babyhacious

Lol... yea dude. That'll... that'll get 'em XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
What retard is speccing frost barrier over temporal shield?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
09/10/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Drinkdrinkz
What retard is speccing frost barrier over temporal shield?

Most mages, honestly. People are just starting to realize exactly how powerful it has the potential to be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]