LAST CHANCE!! 2 Rag and 1 DW Mount this Thurs

90 Orc Warrior
I realize with the end of the xpac coming, not everyone got the mounts they wanted. I also realize that not everyone is sitting on hundreds of thousands of gold to buy these mounts. As a mount collector, my heart goes out to you.

We've given out these mounts to all our raiders, friends, and casuals... so they're just no use for us anymore, and I hate to see them go to waste.

So for the rest of this xpac, we'll be selling H-Rag and H-DW mounts to the highest bidder.

Only have 20k to spend on it?
That's fine.
You now have a chance to get your mount in 3 easy steps.

1. PST or send an in-game mail to Taluka, Samayael, or Scootles indicating:
- which mount you are bidding on
- what day you prefer
- your maximum bid
- contact information

2. BE ONLINE at 5pm server (no later than 5:30pm) the day of the raid (Tuesday/Thursday).

3. If you are the winner, you will be told a specific time to be ready for a summon.

Bid what you can spend, but keep in mind that others may still outbid you.
We do 2 DS and 2 FL clears each week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
**Tuesday summoning times will be approximately 7:30pm for DW, and approx. 8:30pm for Rag.
**Thursday summoning times will be at 6pm for DW and approx. 6:15pm for Rag.
Winners will be summoned in only at the last boss.

Bidding for mounts will close at 5pm server the day of the run, and we'll notify the winner by in-game mail (or RID if you supply it).
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE ONLINE NO LATER THAN 5:30 THE DAY OF THE RAID.
If you do not provide adequate contact information and we cannot get a hold of you to notify you of a winning bid, or to summon you in for the kill, you will lose your spot and we'll take the second highest bidder in your place.

First off, we'd like to thank everyone for all the interest in bidding so far. We hope that we can find homes for all of these mounts.

However, due to some bids being significantly larger than others, we've decided in the interest of fairness to implement a 15% bidding flexibility.

What this means is that if someone bids up to 100k for the mount and someone else bids 50k for the mount, the winner who bid up to 100k will only be charged 57.5k (50k + 15%) for the mount and not the full 100k they initially put up.

As another example, if the winning bid is 55k with the second highest bid being 50k, the 15% increase would not apply in this situation, and 55k would be the winning bid.

We're really just trying to keep this as fair and flexible as possible. We're not in this purely out of profit. We're just trying to handle it to the best of our ability. Our main goal is to help people get these mounts for a not ridiculous price before they're changed to a low drop rate.

Today's DS & FL runs are completed. Grats to both winners on their new mounts.

Another great DS run! Grats on the new mount!

Another great run! Grats :D
Edited by Taluka on 9/19/2012 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
thats nice i like you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/08/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Youlowgee
thats nice i like you.

Tally can be pretty nice if she tries. :P

Nah, we just thought that instead of seeing these mounts go to waste, we'd try to do something nice with them. Why not try something different and give more people a shot at these mounts? I know and Tal knows that not everyone has enough gold to buy these mounts normally; I know I certainly don't have 100k sitting in my bank.

If this doesn't really pan out, that's no big deal to me; we tried something different. If it means someone who normally couldn't get the mount ends up with a Lifebinder's Handmaiden or a Pureblood Firehawk? That's awesome, they're cool mounts. We'd just rather not see these mounts go to waste.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
WTB H-Rag mount with my large coffers filled with gold
2k in total
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/08/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Samayael
Tally can be pretty nice if she tries. :P

Pfft! I'm always nice.
Now admit it, before I kick you in the shin!
Er.. I mean...

@Yawg - you know you're already getting it this week, right? :p
Edited by Taluka on 9/8/2012 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@Yawg - I coulda swore you got yours this week?

Missed the FL raid b/c it was on Thursday and I couldn't make it.

E: you edit too quickly for me
Edited by Dragonglass on 9/8/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yeah - no worries. Still got it ear-marked for you.

There's 4 DW mounts and 3 FL mounts up for grabs.
I just hope people take advantage of this while the drop is still there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Classy move Essence.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/09/2012 02:33 AMPosted by Shahrukh
Classy move Essence.

Must be a trap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
can i pay with good time tickets?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would have no idea where to even begin on bidding. But really, you guys are awesome for doing that. And it's really a genius idea, to be honest. You still get the most amount of money anyone will pay without having to wait for someone to meet your pricing. I like it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
ya nice going this is cool of you guys
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bidding is honestly just no more than you would want to spend on it. It's a personal thing, and if you only want to spend 20-50k on the mount, bid that. You don't lose anything by doing so. Worst case scenario is that someone outbids you. However, there's always the chance you might get the mount anyways. And who wouldn't want that? :)

All depends on how much interest we can generate.

We have been getting a lot of positive feedback for the idea though, and it makes me really happy to hear it. I just wish more guilds would do the same now.

I'm not trying to gouge people for all the gold they have, just trying to provide an opportunity to people who otherwise wouldn't have that chance. I don't believe in shafting people at the end of an expansion - I would rather help them accomplish the goals they weren't able to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's obvious you aren't trying to gouge anyone, and that's cool. Sometimes I wonder if the guilds with the high prices actually get buyers. I'm warring with myself on whether or not to bid at the moment because I'm low on gold after leveling all the professions I didn't have, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
First off, we'd like to thank everyone for all the interest in bidding so far. We hope that we can find homes for all of these mounts.

However, due to some bids being significantly larger than others, we've decided in the interest of fairness to implement a 15% bidding flexibility.

What this means is that if someone bids up to 100k for the mount and someone else bids 50k for the mount, the winner who bid up to 100k will only be charged 57.5k (50k + 15%) for the mount and not the full 100k they initially put up.

As another example, if the winning bid is 55k with the second highest bid being 50k, the 15% increase would not apply in this situation, and 55k would be the winning bid.

We're really just trying to keep this as fair and flexible as possible. We're not in this purely out of profit. We're just trying to handle it to the best of our ability. Our main goal is to help people get these mounts for a not ridiculous price before they're changed to a low drop rate.

PS: There have been no bids so far on the H Deathwing mount, so we're hoping for someone to put forth an initial bid. We'd hate to see this mount left rotting in the chest again.
Edited by Samayael on 9/9/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think the mount from DS is ugly haha . I love the one off the 4th boss it looks like a molted drake.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/10/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Nerdgasm
I think the mount from DS is ugly haha . I love the one off the 4th boss it looks like a molted drake.

I named mine, Skittles :p

Still looking for bids on the DW mounts though. Any offer is better than no offer!
We've run out of people to give these mounts to and have been leaving them sitting in the chest. There's gotta be someone out there who wants this mount.
Reply Quote
34 Gnome Warrior
My name is Tedd and I approve this message.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]