FYI: Holy Shock has been Un-Nerfed.

90 Human Paladin
thought i would put on the old.. Shockadin spec and see if anymore behind the scene hotfix change had been made...

and to my surprise....

BAM 110,000 Crit hmmm.... could it be? blizzard herd the cries of the shockadin?

um... yup! two 2-3 Shotting Full Cata players is fun :D muhaha!

Thank You Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol. 1/10, since I don't usually respond.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
huh :S
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If I remember right, only the damage for low level shockadins was supposed to be affected, 85 Shockadin damage should've been relatively untouched.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
next time come up with a respectable number 110k is wayyyy to high...not even chaos bolt does that unless the guy has no gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With no glyph or buffs, I'm hitting for average of 9k (non-crit), on players in Random BG's. With buffs, Wings, HA, and Glyph, you could probably land 22k hits, and 45k crits. Of course, that's using all your CD's, and that may be an indication that our CD's are OP and our baseline is UP if the disparity is that drastic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
if you've been doing your reading, you're looking at a 39% damage nerf from where it was at 85, but at 90 it should be scaled back up to a respectable amount of damage relative to the raidboss-like health pools that players will have at that level. the trouble was not that holy shock dealt damage, it was that from 10-80 it would kill any mob or player you zapped with it in one hit. it would be intensely stupid if the healing spec for paladins was the best dps for a goodly chunk of the leveling experience, as it would give any players new to the class false expectations concerning what the class actually offers for an endgame experience concerning specializations.

also, one-shotting everything is dumb and doesn't count as gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
shh.. shockadin is alive and well.

My denounce can crit for 50K and with Wings + Holy Avenger + holy Glyph my shock crits for 116K :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
shh.. shockadin is alive and well.

My denounce can crit for 50K and with Wings + Holy Avenger + holy Glyph my shock crits for 116K :)

Screenshot or it didn't happen!

I'm also assuming you're hitting a test dummy, not a resil'd target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
:)
Edited by Gebrielle on 9/12/2012 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the word of glory glyph for increased dmg by 3% for every holy charge used is better then the denounce glyph

not to mention the harsh words glyph is pretty bad !@#, nothing like 40yrd range insta casts when chasing someone down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With CD's on a target dummy (Boss)

Judgement: 15065
Denounce: 56112
Harsh Words: 69733
Holy Shock: 115689
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Keep bragging. Another nerf will surely come in.

:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88129051@N03/8058877802/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]