bandwagoners..

90 Human Mage
09/09/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Deaconfrost
Bads will still be bad doesnt matter what fotm class they reroll to they'll still be bad.

Gotta start somewhere :P not everyone starts off as godlike as you.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
I am not the only player who shelved his warlock in Cata. But now that quality of life has improved, the rotations have been streamlined a bit, and each spec feels unique, its no surprise you see warlocks out in the world again.

I'm sure the FotM hypothesis is valid to a certain degree, but I think it mostly has to do with players who no longer hate playing the class because of the improvements.

Right.

I shelved this toon in cata. But once I heard of the new warlock changes I figured I'd try them out. So far though, it feels ... it feels clunky to me like I'm learning the class for the first time but it looks really good (cool animations and stuff). I almost feel like picking up a shelved 80 provides a very difficult learning platform compared to starting from scratch with a level 1 toon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
thats because they pretty much re did the class so even experienced warlocks had to learn new things so its all good lol some ppl picked up quick others it takes a while and i wouldnt say warlocks have been simplified i really dont feel like it got any more simple then it already was but thats from my point of view i just notice the increase in damage O_o for one to say it was simplified is strange cus i thought it was simple b4
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
More people playing means more things getting noticed and eventually ignored.. I mean fixed, defiantly meant fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Well, I'm guilty of leveling a lock. I actually had a lock in the past that I got to level 44 before deleting. I'll admit, they were not fun to play in my opinion. But with the new changes in 5.0.4, they are appealing and fun to play now.

But don't worry, my hunter is and always will be my main toon and the only toon I worry about with raid progression and other things. Warlocks are fun, but hunters are still my favorite. I'm not the type of person to jump to a new class just because they are the hot dps of the expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
09/11/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Tamaki
thats because they pretty much re did the class so even experienced warlocks had to learn new things so its all good lol some ppl picked up quick others it takes a while and i wouldnt say warlocks have been simplified i really dont feel like it got any more simple then it already was but thats from my point of view i just notice the increase in damage O_o for one to say it was simplified is strange cus i thought it was simple b4

are you high? theyre soo much more simple than they were. the button use as been cut in half for destruction. demonology you only have to worry about fury and keeping doom/corruption up and affliction.. well affliciton is about the same. warlocks had by far the hardest dps rotation in cata. enough so that many people were unable to play the class simply because of that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Darn kids taking my lewtz an taking away my unique emberflake status!!1!

I liked being the only lock to duel at the org gate. =(
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
The class never really appealed to me before.

They changed stuff and I want to try it now. Go figure.

I'm really sorry if I am making people feel less special though! :(
Reply Quote
21 Undead Rogue
I think another low pop class just went through this in 4.3 with legendaries. Now that changes have been made in the direction of normalization, they're dropping like flies because they're broken/nerfed too hard/unplayable/etc.

Keep playing your lock. Have fun with it. You'll be the specialest snowflake again soon enough.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I think another low pop class just went through this in 4.3 with legendaries. Now that changes have been made in the direction of normalization, they're dropping like flies because they're broken/nerfed too hard/unplayable/etc.

Keep playing your lock. Have fun with it. You'll be the specialest snowflake again soon enough.

yeah haha. although they have kind of dropped off a bit (rogues that is).

and im a special emberflake. esta caliente.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This thread reminded me of this: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2010-12-20.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/11/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Brolan
This thread reminded me of this: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/comics/2010-12-20.jpg

I guess what is implied is that the 'hipsters' are Warlocks? Do I get a cookie?

"When everyone is a Warlock; no one will be."

"!@#$ing Mages."
Edited by Lockhide on 9/11/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm pretty tempted to play a warlock after what elemental has become.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
09/09/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Uzgormth
i miss the time of locks having elite status for being able to pull competent dps.

My... my high horse. It's gone! How could you Blizz? *sob*

That about sum it up?

All joking aside, I plan on leveling a lock. They seemed meh before, but I like the look of new resource systems. Also a burst spec. I love me some burst.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I started in BC and my first level 70 was a Warlock and I had so much fun. The thing that killed it for me in LK was that you pretty much got stuck going one spec for PvE and one spec for PvP, and even through most of Cata this was true. However, I believe Warlocks have really benefited from the new talents in that you can play whatever spec you want. I also enjoy how each spec plays differently now. I am currently playing destro with grim of sac and giving the top geared mage in my guild a run for his money on damage done in heroic DS. I really think Blizz got the changes right on this class and as such that is why we see so many people jumping on them. However, when "balancing" happens and some other class gets to be all OP people will jump on that class, so don't worry, I don't see Warlocks staying popular long.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Same here Chardeth. Lock was my very first toon, ever. I got on WarCraft just before BC came out. I see locks everywhere now and in every race. I believe there will be an adjustment in our class soon as it's always been a class that Blizz didn't really care for that much in the past. I hope I'm wrong, but the devs never gave us any love before, did they?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
after what elemental has been forever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
FOTM!!! One thing I really hate about this game is blizz buffing certain classes every other patch thus making people all sudden pick up that class because now they think they can play because its basically about overpowered spells. That being said it does not bother me about locks because 1) I don't care and 2) once we get hit with nerf bat and people realize that running solo and not being able to survive or peel off melee we will lose most of them and they will go play their mage or something.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Started in Wrath lock was my first toon always will be my favorite toon and to sum it up simply locks rule. lol So can't say I blame the bandwagon locks out there but they will learn and crawl into whatever dark little holes they came from when faced with a real lock most likely. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I await the great nerfening. That will weed out the pretend warlocks. Only a true warlock is resilient to nerfs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]