Hey guys - thinking of transferring here.

85 Worgen Druid
Hey, as the title says, I'm looking to transfer here perhaps. Emerald Dream is a great realm and all, but seriously lacks in PvE-oriented guilds. I spent some time on Sargeras to get the feel for it, but I have some general questions.

Looked up the realm on wowprogress. Is that an accurate depiction of the PvE realms? ED only has a handful of decent raiding guilds to choose from, which is mostly why I'm transferring here likely. Is there a wide variety of guilds?

Secondly, how's the PvP situation? Emerald Dream had world PvP by the boatloads, and Sargeras is pretty alliance heavy. However, has cross realm zones hit here yet? If so, how's the world PvP looking since CRZ? Scheduled PvP events and whatnot?

In general, is it worth spending the money to come here? I'm primarily looking to raid a good deal in MoP, and that's something Emerald Dream cannot offer me right now.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
wowprogress.com says, "Hello!"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

Looked up the realm on wowprogress.

09/10/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Aenathas

Yes, yes. I was simply asking for clarification as I know not everything on the internet is absolute, concrete factual proof. Besides, that only answers my first question.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sargeras has a lot of guilds for PvE and PvP.

Yes there is a majority of alliance on this server but since <Insidious Wrath> came along they've been bringing back World PvP step by step. Just had an amazing organized wPvP event at Halaa a few weeks back. (Thanks to Ashex)

My GM and a few other officers in my guild were from ED and from what they have had to say about that server it would be worth coming to Sargeras.

Also sorry about Aenathas, a little piece of his heart breaks when Sargeras Alliance get's another person planning to come over.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the reply. Ideally for me, the perfect server would have a nice balance of PvP and PvE. Sargeras seems to have a firm handle on PvE with an abundance of guilds raiding (something ED) lacks, and as you said, world PvP returning, especially with the addition of cross-realm zones.

Emerald Dream had a small handful of PvE guilds and only a few more PvP guilds, whereas the rest were all RP. Does Sargeras have a good balance of PvE and PvP guilds? Are there many to choose from?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
There's by far more PvE guilds, but there still is quite a lot PvP guilds. I've tried PvP guilds a long time ago and the only thing I got from them is having an active social guild, which is nice. But the BG/RBG/Arena aspect I can get from just looking in trade chat for a pug group.

I would recommend checking the Guild Listing & Recruitment Thread for Sargeras: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430938884

edit: Sargeras Alliance #1 server PvE - Top 5 for PvP.
Edited by Czarnick on 9/10/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the link and information. I guess my main concern is that I'd like there to be a niche guild (or multitude guilds) for generally everything, in case I change my mind halfway through MoP and decide to PvP more than I raid. Hopefully the guilds are as varied as you say, that'd be great.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Defiant is one of the biggest guilds on Alliance, they have 5 different raid teams and I believe 2 RBG groups.

Here's a recent post they just made: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369437123
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I will literally eat your corpse if you transfer here.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
09/10/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Butterflies
I will literally eat your corpse if you transfer here.

Neat. I've never been cannibalized before.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Just one bump for a few more opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well I'm out of ideas, good luck in your search for a new home.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/10/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Czarnick
Also sorry about Aenathas, a little piece of his heart breaks when Sargeras Alliance get's another person planning to come over.

I resent that comment. Also, for your information, I play both sides of the server now. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm sure if you played on the alliance I would know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Looked up the realm on wowprogress.

09/10/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Aenathas

Yes, yes. I was simply asking for clarification as I know not everything on the internet is absolute, concrete factual proof. Besides, that only answers my first question.

The PvE progression here is pretty competitive, and will be more so t14 with some bigger guilds moving here (Midwinter, US #6). If you're looking for good PvE, its here if you can get in the guilds you'd like to get into.

Can't speak for PvP much, but I hear it is solid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]