Having trouble with lock AOE

85 Gnome Rogue
I am having a hard time keeping up with my team in 5 mans. I keep getting left behind in dps with my Warlock, I have tried every spec and read on all of them but I just cant pump out the dps needed to keep my mates from yelling at me about falling behind. My lock is only 65 at the moment so everything dies before I can dot them all. So the problem is this, I cant dot everything fast enough before it dies, Rain of Fire doesnt do enough dps to keep up and I tried using soul+seed of corruption but its not keeping up, nor is the mass life drain I try to spam. Any help with a rotation or something I am missing here would be great. Its that or at 65 I just cant do a whole lot fast. Very frustrated, thanks for any help peeps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
if they are complaining about trash then they need to !@#$. locks always have had a terrible time on trash due to ramp up, especially if you are aff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Right now people outgear the instances, so Mobs are dieing way to fast. Dont worry about AoE dmg now. When MoP hits and you want to AoE I recommend going Aff with this rotation:

Soulburn: Seed of corruption, spreads Corruption dot
Tab target dotting Agony and curse
then Harvest Life
Use Haunt when it Procs. Keep Harvest Life

This will keep you in the Mix of Aoe Dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I tell everyone I see while leveling, go demo. Its the best. no comparison. You may have to get used to it, but its much high damage for both AOE and single target. This is just what I've tested, but I dont get these problems you do like DoT times and things dying too fast. Single target I rarely have to cast shadowbolt and I never cast it AoE. AOE and single target is almost all instant damage. AOE is very simple after level 62, hand of guldan > hellfire > harvest life
and use felstorm on CD. I'm hitting between 3 and 6k dps on AOE and 1500-2k. These change depending on how much demonic fury I have pooled and how many mobs/ how long the fight is. Go ahead and try out demo for a bit, get used to the changes and do a few minutes of research. It might take a bit to get used to, but I do exceedingly well in dungeons compared to everyone I get qued with. And if you end up going demo and have a priest in your party, get levitated while in demon form. SO COOL
Edit: This was posted when I was 63
Edited by Tinypoops on 9/16/2012 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
In any kind of burst fight affliction needs to be carried. SOC is pretty bad ATM unless things are up long enough for you to:

Get seeds on a bunch of them
Manually DPS enough to blow one of the seeds

Pretty pathetic. SOC was once one of the best AOE's in the game, but that was a long time ago.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Mage
Go Demo , make Demon spin , profit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yea aff has good AOE but right now things die too fast for Aff to shine. Demo can get some hits in at least before everything turns to ashes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Its trash who cares. I really start to worry when I out DPS everyone on bosses just by spamming smite. I mean Im the healer why are you doing less DPS than me?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/15/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Tifaniä
Its trash who cares. I really start to worry when I out DPS everyone on bosses just by spamming smite. I mean Im the healer why are you doing less DPS than me?

So...what about Challenge Mode trash? That's going to matter...though at 85, AFF on trash isn't as terrible as it used to be...still pretty o_O though.
Edited by Sequoyah on 9/15/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That's why you go demo for dungeons. I beat everyone and single target isn't bad either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]