WoW Developer Reddit AMA Concluded

24 Night Elf Priest
*sigh* Another event I cannot participate in. I don't have a reddit account and this takes place during a time when I work.

To be honest, I am not really interested in hearing from the developers right now. They rarely answer questions about topics I am interested in. And I just do not feel like asking about changes that will not be reverted. We were told that if we did not like the menu to go to a different restaurant. I just want to play. Not waste time and breath on giving an opinion to a wall that is already built.

Yes, I know. Blizzard uses other internet methods besides their websites to communicate with the public. It broadens them. Makes them hip. I would just rather go to your website.
Edited by Madia on 9/11/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The blues should have had one of their own posting the questions and their answers here in this topic for people to read more easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So I was able to here after all...

Now how the Fel do I find where my own comment even is on there?

o_o

I am so confused by this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ok, so can we never do one of these on reddit again? It's a terrible format.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/11/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Adelaide

I agree, this is awful. How the heck do you see the blues on there even?

No seriously, how? ._.

Do not like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone should ask if CRZ are going to carry over into Pandaria zones. ( I don't want to make a reddit account)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Really getting disappointed that we've seen Sylvanas, Thrall, and Vol'jin mentioned on the Reddit discussion, but not a peep of who the Alliance can expect to see in action.

Hey, maybe all our lore figures will sit in their cities and do nothing again. That'll be new. X/

I kid, I kid. We know Varian is going to be involved...some.

I've posted a few questions, but after doing so and refreshing......they disappear and don't show back up even after 45 minutes. :/ It's possible I'm missing them though, but it does have me scratching my head!
Edited by Faroth on 9/11/2012 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/11/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Shiftia
It's no fault of the website that you haven't taken a few minutes before hand to learn the interface.

Thanks for that helpful & insightful response, it totally helped.

09/11/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Shiftia
EDIT: In answer, click your username in the top right.

I can find mine now, & found the blues over on WoWhead thanks to another thread. >_>
Edited by Killercaitie on 9/11/2012 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid
09/11/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Killercaitie
It's no fault of the website that you haven't taken a few minutes before hand to learn the interface.

EDIT: In answer, click your username in the top right.

I can find mine now, & found the blues over on WoWhead thanks to another thread. >_>

I apologize for being rude.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/11/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Shiftia

I apologize for being rude.

/shrug Is fine.

At least they added direct links on the first post on that thing now!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

I agree, this is awful. How the heck do you see the blues on there even?

No seriously, how? ._.

Do not like.

It's actually about as good of a format as I've seen for something like this. Popular enough to lock up Reddit, and that is a pretty formidable feat. Obama didn't do it.
Edited by Eldudearino on 9/11/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The AMA has concluded. Thank you to those of you who participated! We plan to post a transcript on our front page in the near future, but until then you can read the full AMA here: http://redd.it/zqm8d
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/11/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Eldudearino
It's actually about as good of a format as I've seen for something like this. Popular enough to lock up Reddit, and that is a pretty formidable feat.

It helped that WoWhead was actively listing the QnAs, but the actual reddit part? Goes too quick, & I couldn't find any of the response posts for a long while.

Yes, me being new to reddit is probably a big part of why I don't like it... but that just felt like chaos to me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I forget what platform you used last time (for a couple Q & As after the "ask the devs" series) but it definitely seemed a lot easier to read and follow than this reddit one. Kudos for trying new things, but if there is another reddit Q & A, I think I'll just wait for the transcript here.

Interesting answers to stuff. Happy to see the CRZ and Activision-Blizzard questions tackled head-on, though I wish I had more faith the community would take what was said to heart and believe it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]