CRZ Feedback

(Locked)

85 Worgen Hunter
I've done it myself but I'd rather do other things with my computer than leave a WoW client with Auctioneer running 24/7 these days. It's fun for a bit but I don't enjoy making gold for the sake of making gold. I don't need gold for much these days aside from glyphs, legkits and repairs, but that's getting off the subject.

Controlling the AH is more about opportunity than just throwing tons of gold at it. You really have to do your homework and keep up with it constantly because of that. You're taking the most extreme cases and saying, well that won't fix the problem because of X and Y. Regardless that they are possible and do happen, they are still extreme cases.

The point is, on this server even common trade goods aren't listed half the time. You can't even buy them if you want to. You have no choice but to go farm the item(s), but since it's a low/medium pop server (faction balance favors alliance atm) that is(was) practical. 200g for Fel Iron? lol !@#$ you I'm leveling a miner. The trade off there is I have to spend my time farming ore rather than running instances or doing dailies to buy the stuff I need. Now I have to compete for those resources with people who will take those mats to another server. I still can't buy what I need and it's taking 5 times as long to farm the stuff as it used to.

My example was an extreme case, yes, but there are other issues that would come from auction-house merging, which is why I think just offering the transfers instead would prevent all of the hassle that comes with CRZ, and it's affects on the Auction House (with or without a merge).

If they left CRZ as it is, merging the Auction House is pretty much necessary. The entire feature is just a slippery-slope though. Once you start playing with the AH, you're going to have other issues. The amount of time they would need to spend to properly implement this feature, both because of bug fixes and because of design flaws, is just not worth it in my eyes.

Maybe to them they really think CRZ is a reasonable alternative to transfers, and they legitimately don't see the issues at the core of the very concept of the feature. At that point, the devs and I just don't see eye-to-eye. I completely disagree with it now that I've seen it in action (and they earned my support with the original announcement). I was far too optimistic.
87 Human Paladin
We're running out of pages much faster than I had anticipated.... >.>

Hopefully this gets stickied soon (or even blue posted though I doubt it) so that it doesn't get lost in the bowels that are the furthest reaches of the WoW General Discussion forums...
82 Worgen Druid
I appreciate this thread. Thank you for creating a civil discussion for this.
87 Human Paladin
Actually Ghostcrawler is the Lead Systems Designer, he has a finger in every pie.
96 Gnome Warlock
I think overall it was a weak idea. I love where their heart was trying to help, but it has ruined my entire guilds play since implemented.
Community Manager
I know there have been a large number of discussions regarding cross-realm zones, especially given that this is a brand new feature in World of Warcraft as of patch 5.0.4.

Your feedback is being compiled and reported back to the developers. We’re actively monitoring both positive and critical topics expressing issues or concerns players are having with cross-realm zones. We plan to clarify much of the causes for confusion in the near future. Until then, I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile and categorize the common reports for this. :)
87 Human Paladin
I know there have been a large number of discussions regarding cross-realm zones, especially given that this is a brand new feature in World of Warcraft as of patch 5.0.4.

Your feedback is being compiled and reported back to the developers. We’re actively monitoring both positive and critical topics expressing issues or concerns players are having with cross-realm zones. We plan to clarify much of the causes for confusion in the near future. Until then, I just want to thank you for taking the time to compile and categorize the common reports for this. :)

O.O

Last thing I was expecting but thank you! Only thing I was hoping for is a sticky so it can be referred to. But seriously, thank you!
100 Dwarf Hunter

Thank you for your feedback Rygarius. :)
Agree. There are currently WAY too many problems with the CRZ system. I was looking forward to competing in the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby this weekend but with CRZ in place it will probably be a nightmare; I'll probably skip it.
85 Blood Elf Priest

Great Shades of Zeus! THEY'RE ALIVE!

I'd like to thank you for making me choke on my drink whilst reading your response...
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Thank you so much for the reply much appreciated :)

Glad to know you take our feedback seriously!
86 Night Elf Hunter

I want to thank you for allowing us to beta test "live games" like Diablo 3 and WOW.
88 Goblin Rogue
Just here to throw in 2c.. I absolutely hate the cross zone system. I play on a high pop server, but with low pop horde. If I wanted it different, I'd transfer off realm or faction change.

I chose this realm with purpose, as I'm sure most people do.

On top of that.. World events are going to be absolutely awful. The internet is already easy to grief people on based on anonymity, throw in a whole extra level of anonymity and.. Well, I'm sure that it's easy enough to guess what happens. Ever tried chatroulette? There you go.
90 Troll Priest

Thank you for the response! I think most people just wanted to know they were being heard. =)
100 Undead Rogue

Nice to see you, Rygarius. We were just about to send out a search party!

Seriously though, thanks for letting us know what's going on. It's very much appreciated.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]