CRZ Feedback

(Locked)

90 Orc Hunter
Good Job David! /highfive

09/07/2012 07:58 AMPosted by David
b. Time Changes between zones

I would say this is more than an immersion issue.

e. RP Conflictions

I think the 4 types of servers should remain separate unless people a specifically invited by friends in which case PvP and PvE still should be separate.

d. General / Trade Chat spam (Normal for any server but an issue when you have the normal of 2-3 servers combining into one)

I could be wrong but I think Trade is restricted to your home server. If it isn't it should be.
Edited by Grapthar on 9/7/2012 9:44 AM PDT
87 Human Paladin
Good Job David! /highfive

b. Time Changes between zones

I would say this is more than an immersion issue.

I agree which is why it is under the bug category as well.
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/07/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Elindil
Ironically, people do not realize, that with more friendly competion, will in the end help the economy.

It can seem like that, but in the case of low population servers, it will only make it worse.

I made the comparison in another thread; it's like if Canada swooped down to the US, took all our vegetables, and then was unable to sell the back to us. We can no longer harvest our own green beans and we're unable to buy it as well.

I was pretty neutral on CRZ until the avalanche of technical issues got dropped on our heads. The 'social' issue is just salt in the wound at this point.
87 Human Paladin
I would also like more POSITIVES to list. So far I have only been given three. As this is a FEEDBACK thread, positive feedback is also needed!
14 Goblin Hunter
There's a few things I like, dislike and completely despise about cross realms.

(Note: I use the word "initiating" a few times here. This is in reference to the person who becomes the group's leader and phases other players to their realm.)

I personally like:
  • The idea of seeing the zones more populated while levelling.
  • The idea of being able to find a group for stuff like CoC/RoB/etc
  • World PvP (Hooray for Southshore/TM styles)
  • I personally don't like:
  • Language barriers
  • Node sharing (bots galore these days)
  • Merging different time zones causing NPCs to spam (surely that will be fixed soon)
  • I personally despise and want to see removed:
  • Sharing world bosses with cross realm: This reminds me of vanilla days with the Emerald Dragons, Kazzak & Azuregos. People would camp for days waiting on them to respawn so they could call their guild out. If this was tried now, you could camp for days and before you could get your guild out to the spawn location an entire raid from a different server could phase in and take it.
  • Sharing rare mobs with cross realm: This one probably irks me more than the world bosses. I know people who have been camping the time lost proto drake for years and haven't been able to get it yet with their own server population alone. I personally have been trying to get Poseidus since cata was released and still no luck, and same for the Mysterious Camel Figurines. With the idea of making a level 1 character on a separate account just to check zones for rare mobs on other servers is disheartening to people who have been hunting for a long time and can now have their kill stolen by someone on another realm. This is especially true with Pandaria as there are - what - 40 different rare mobs and a number of achievements that go along with them?

• Constructive Ideas to Fix These Issues

• No node sharing. I can see people swapping realms with some of the methods listed below just to farm. I think the idea behind gathering professions is you're not supposed to be able to get everything insanely easily (black lotus, anyone?)
  • World bosses & rare mobs would be phased to players on it's server only. The drawback I see with this would be if I went to a different server I could find 40 people attacking thin-air and grief them for another guild who wants the kill. Secondary solution: most of these mobs spawn in specific places. Perhaps phase the general area to that server only when the mob is up.
  • Cross realms with the same time zone and primary language only.
  • Don't allow cross-realm groups for characters on separate accounts under the same battle.net account. This will prevent someone from logging into a second account, making a level 1 character and allowing them to hop to whatever server they want for whatever reason.
  • Restrict the level that can initiate a cross realm. Perhaps level 10 or something, or maybe within a certain number of levels within the people in the group. (e.g. A level 3 cannot phase a group of level 90s to their realm, but a level 88 could.) Exception: Possibly restrict Death Knights from initiating phasing until they are at least level 60 or so.
  • Players must be reasonably close to each other for the phasing to occur. (e.g. a player in Mulgore cannot phase someone in the Arathi Highlands to their realm.)
  • Cap the number of players that can be phased in a group. Want to group for something like CoC and need 4 friends? That's okay! Want to group with a 40 man raid and bring them all with you? No. Perhaps cap the number of people in the group who can phase to something like 10 or 25.
  • These are just some general thoughts that I'm hoping will be somewhat constructive. I like the idea behind this cross realm stuff and I think it has great potential, but it's in an early form and I personally believe some changes could be made to make it more beneficial to everyone.
    90 Night Elf Priest
    Other people farming nodes, rare spawns, from other servers hurt the home server. Materials such as herbs, ore, etc are being taken back to the visiting server and is being put into their economy, meanwhile the home server form which is being farmed is seeing none of it being put into circulation via the AH , hence causing demand to skyrocket and Supply to plummet, hence causing a depression.

I really dont believe this will be true. To a certain extent. I am sure, Blizzard being the experts that they are in balancing games, have already discussed this issue amongst themselves way way way before we even mentioned it, and already thru testing found it accpetable, and alrready have steps in place to make the needed adjustments.

I believe, once they normalize it, it will become average across all servers. The major factor would be, PvP and PvE on the same server. PvE players simply do not have the experience or want, or the expectation they would have to defend themselves and fight for nodes. It is not in their mind set. But again, this is probably not suppsoed to be happening.

If all servers are normallized and become an creates a medium.

Blizzard will find a balance. They always do, and always have. Thats what they are so good at, and it is why so many gamers play their games. Issues are always addresed.
    87 Human Paladin
    09/07/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Scytheblade
    OP im sorry for my little rant on page 4, but everyone knows it had ot be said.

It is alright, Scytheblade. Next time just take a step back and relax. No harm, no foul.
    90 Human Mage

7. Make CRZ Optional (Thank you Autumn)

Since it is unlikely, but I'm still hopeful, they will entirely scrap CRZ, this is the only option acceptable, other than removing it entirely.

Imagine what tomorrow and Sunday are going to be like with people trying to participate in the fishing contests only to be phased onto servers where it's already over, or hours away.

You can't plan guild events that run by server time so all guildies can figure out what time to be online. Now server time is meaningless.

I was phased onto a server 3 hours behind my time while doing some stuff today. I saw one hunter. How exactly did this enhance my game experience? It didn't, after the lag, the zone in lag reset of skills, and just the shear annoyance of no longer being on my server.

The problems have succinctly laid out in the first post, so I won't continue to belabor the point.

The bottom line remains that the feature either needs to be removed, or allow for voluntary participation.

Either an opt out or have it off by default and an opt in.
    90 Goblin Shaman
    Cross over servers are fine! And they are HERE TO STAY.

Perhaps what the OP really needs to do, is just list the BUGS and NEEDED ADJUSMENTS, to truly stay neutral. They are not going to remove cross over realms, and im inclined to believe the OP wants them removed, thus the lack of positives in the list.

Well, they're obviously not "fine"; to suggest so is simply ignorant, given that the (incredibly numerous) bugs are widespread and well-known.

And for my money? There are no positives to this "feature," yet, but since you've ignored the numerous posts before yours that have outlined the overwhelming number of negatives, I don't think I'll waste my time repeating them.
    90 Night Elf Priest
    09/07/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Raiil
    Ironically, people do not realize, that with more friendly competion, will in the end help the economy.

It can seem like that, but in the case of low population servers, it will only make it worse.

I made the comparison in another thread; it's like if Canada swooped down to the US, took all our vegetables, and then was unable to sell the back to us. We can no longer harvest our own green beans and we're unable to buy it as well.

I was pretty neutral on CRZ until the avalanche of technical issues got dropped on our heads. The 'social' issue is just salt in the wound at this point.

Im willing to bet, that they will probably merge some of these servers anyway to normalize cross over server. Remember, these are jsut the first steps to making a mechanic in a game, where everyone can see everyone, and im suspecting this will increase as time goes on. For example, they probably will merge the Auction House for all servers in the same Battlegroup.
    90 Night Elf Priest
    Cross over servers are fine! And they are HERE TO STAY.

Perhaps what the OP really needs to do, is just list the BUGS and NEEDED ADJUSMENTS, to truly stay neutral. They are not going to remove cross over realms, and im inclined to believe the OP wants them removed, thus the lack of positives in the list.

Well, they're obviously not "fine"; to suggest so is simply ignorant, given that the (incredibly numerous) bugs are widespread and well-known.

And for my money? There are no positives to this "feature," yet, but since you've ignored the numerous posts before yours that have outlined the overwhelming number of negatives, I don't think I'll waste my time repeating them.

I already covered that there are bugs. I was refering to the concept of Cross over Servers. Which is fine, IMO. It is a step in the right direction. It is a NEW concept and technology, and with everything new, it needs to be tweaked.
    Edited by Elindil on 9/7/2012 9:54 AM PDT
    90 Blood Elf Hunter

I agree. There are reasons for Normal servers. But it is why i stated it all in general.

What I see most complaints about, that are not bug related, is that they can not farm as much and get as much as they used to. Due to friendly competition, or being attacked.

I feel, other than the legitamate resons of bugs and adjustments, that most complaint is about the competition on these resources.

Honestly what I have seen during the Sholazar Basin overpopulation when everyone was farming ores/herbs that the more people are in that zone gathering the more chance there is for rare spawning nodes to appear. And those other people can't all be in the same place as you are all the time so the chances you won't get anything are extremely low.

And you can't even be sure you are on "your server" so who's to say if those are your nodes or you are taking them from a higher pop realm?

The rare spawns does present issues in the grand scheme of things. But for me the bugs and problems are the most depressing. I love WoW - its my favorite game to play when I get free time. None of the things introduced before this made me feel like /ragequitting. But now I feel very dismayed because I don't know if I can accept the time changing and zone lag and fps drops and PvP issues. That's what has me the most upset over it. I paid for MoP and this is so broken I am regretting my purchase. And the more silence from Blizzard we get the more I wonder if they are going to fix it anytime before Blizzard "soon".

OP I'm trying to be civil. But the people calling us names for just trying to post bugs is starting to grate.
    62 Draenei Death Knight
    One positive was that it was supposed to be used to also split zones that are heavily populated into multiple phases reducing overcrowding especially in areas like starting zones. I'm not sure if this part has been implemented yet or if we have any way of testing it. But it will be helpful in panda starter areas and entry level 85 zones as those quests had quite a few bottlenecks in beta.
    87 Human Paladin
    Like I told Scythe, Buffy. just take a step back and relax. If reading the posts like that bothers you, read only the 1st post to see the updated list. You get the information presented with none of the hassle.
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    09/07/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Murmurs
    One positive was that it was supposed to be used to also split zones that are heavily populated into multiple phases reducing overcrowding especially in areas like starting zones. I'm not sure if this part has been implemented yet or if we have any way of testing it. But it will be helpful in panda starter areas and entry level 85 zones as those quests had quite a few bottlenecks in beta.
    That is a huge positive if it will be implemented for MoP. I see the intended benefits of CRZ. I just wish we had gotten more clarification on the entire thing. Because it is a nice idea that I can play with my friends from other servers also.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    09/07/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Halanna
    Either an opt out or have it off by default and an opt in.

I would sign that petition in a heart beat. This has done nothing to enhance my game play. It has cause lag issues, caused me to be kicked off my mount (thank god for flight form) while I learned a bunch of junk moving from zone to zone. And for what? So I can see Scholazar Basin is a barren wasteland still while I work through loremaster. The feature was not liked on the beta, and there was only 2 NA realms, a PvE and a PvP. HOW can you even think the feature has been remotely tested when you have so few beta realms to test with. No wonder it is buggy as all hell and isn't working as intended...
    90 Troll Druid
    Throwing my two cents in to the negatives column.

First I want to say that when I first heard about CRZ I was all for it. Great idea! Let the lowbies actually see people! I almost never run into people when I'm questing. Recently leveled a goblin hunter to max, I saw zero people until I hit Cata zones. So this is nice for that.

Now for my problem. Rares. I went to go do my TLPD check last night and ran into someone from Scryers. Then my mind started spinning about problems. Who's Storm Peaks am I in? Am I ever in the same Storm Peaks twice? Is there a point to keeping track of spawn timers now? Then the worst one hit me as I was getting ready for bed and I think I saw someone from yet another server fly by, bringing the total to three servers in the same Storm Peaks. I'm not just fighting Sentinels for TLPD any more, I'm fighting with a total of three different servers for him. I'm not sure there's any point in camping now, one man against the campers from three servers is more than a little overwhelming.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]