CRZ Feedback

(Locked)

90 Tauren Hunter
09/21/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Khahan
How old are you? Do you have a job? When you get home from your job do you want to do your job or do you want a break from your job?

Let's see, I'm 38. Got a pretty sweet job. And WOW was pretty much my break from the job when I got home. Now it's more the forums unfortunately. However, I'm not demanding they work from home. I was just commenting that it could be done with minimal amount of time. Especially since it's been around 10 working days without a substantive response.

But I'd also suggest you check some of Blizzards own posts: specifically the "Day in the Life" series. I thought it would be interesting and checked some when they were fresh posts. Suffice it to say those guys work nearly as much from home as they do from work.
68 Blood Elf Rogue
So basically what it comes down to is now 4 servers are sharing Resources that were originally created for ONE server .. and somehow this is a good thing ??

Pro-CRZ's please take a moment to explain that one to me ?

1. You don't like competition.
2. You're lazy.
3. It was designed with a certain population in mind. It is not a single player game.
4. You have to compete for every single node you ever get.
5. If you get beat, get better.

I can't think of any of the other canned responses, but that surmises most of them. I gave up trying to get them to answer me in regards to that kind of logic 300 pages ago.

Edit: Almost forgot:

6. If you are having trouble competing against bigger realms farmers, that's good since you only chose a low pop realm to gain an advantage in farming/camping. Doesn't matter if you rolled there 6 years ago; you knew this day would come, and you would have an advantage.
Edited by Metyll on 9/21/2012 5:24 PM PDT
90 Tauren Hunter
09/21/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Kayrenee
I'm sorry your leveling got derailed... I hope that in the coming days your gaming experience gets better! Cheers to you, sir!

Thank you miss, or ma'am, or sir as the case may be. I appreciate your empathy. And it highlights one of the reasons I've been on the forums more than in the game lately: more QUALITY contact with fellow WOW lovers. Don't get me wrong, I like Nesingway and Mok Nathal where all my toons are. But even with CRZ, 300+ member guilds (5 different ones) and trade chat there's hardly any in game communication atm. And when trades' dead, you know it's bad lol.
Blizz this is really easy. When I want to PvP I BG or go to org. When I quest or farm I want to be left alone. I joined a low pop server on purpose. Let the people paying you choose CRZ.
90 Draenei Hunter
09/21/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Zistar
Just imagine the Noblegarden event...

I hadn't thought of that before. I bet Blizzard didn't either. I don't like chasing down lame achievements but I make exceptions sometimes, as was the case with Noblegarden. What made it perfectly ok was my ability to travel a remote zone and only compete with a few other who had chosen that spot too. I could count on the population being spread and it was physically impossible for all zones to be overcrowded by virtue of the population limit.

It's technically possible that all quest areas will be filled to capacity and that no natural spreading of the population will occur. It's essentially what's so messed up about the farming situation. The population of a server naturally distributes itself throughout the zones based on things like preference, size of the zone, availabilty of nodes, etc. CRZ is entirely inorganic and simply makes every zone, regardless of propriety, eligible for population capping.

You could potentially never find a nice quiet moment to farm. That's not gonna fly for long.
Edited by Karamok on 9/21/2012 5:27 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
You keep defending crz on non-factual basis. Why? Illidan, one of the highest pop realms, is getting merged in crz. My own realm, Alexstrasza is a medium-high pop realm. its merged in crz.

Your server doesn't get merged, the zones get merged. Say the limit is...100 characters in a zone at peak times. If your server ever reaches that in any particular zone, lets say, Westfall, then they will create a separate version of Westfall for only your server. This of course brings up the question of what actually is that limit, is it a good limit, and how quickly can Blizz respond to population issues, but theoretically already crowded zones won't get crz'd.
86 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Thräm
Miss, the system already IS broken, no would involved... IS broken.

Aye. That's another part of the problem. Whether or not you could potentially exploit an opt out system by switching opting in and out, it's still broken in many ways.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't mind the ganking happening (Molten front..).
I play on a pvp server for a reason, that's to have the joy of killing another player in world pvp. But after a few deaths, you get the 2 mins waiting time to res. Seriously, that pisses me off.
90 Troll Priest
So basically what it comes down to is now 4 servers are sharing Resources that were originally created for ONE server .. and somehow this is a good thing ??

Pro-CRZ's please take a moment to explain that one to me ?

Most people don't mind it, and the traditional Blizzard system will increase the spawn rates depending on the population in the area. CRZ isn't doing this correctly because of the server tag component and making some areas spawn at the rates of the home server population for the crossover. So rather than spawning for 100 people, it's spawning for 5.

2. You're lazy.

This is rude and out of line. People care about these things because WoW is a pastime and a game, not a job.

3. It was designed with a certain population in mind. It is not a single player game.

See my response to number 1. The zones are dynamic with content spawns, it isn't working properly with CRZ running. So yes, there is a population in mind, but the spawn rates are registering for far lower than the number of players in the zones.

You shouldn't have to... Even on the crazy populated server I'm on, I've never seen what's happening atm. And our population is only grossly unbalanced, otherwise it's healthy.

This was said concerning skill at the game shortly after Cata was released. 3 million subs later, apparently you support more business loss for Blizzard.

I can't think of any of the other canned responses, but that surmises most of them. I gave up trying to get them to answer me in regards to that kind of logic 300 pages ago.

Those are the REAL answer to those 5 items. But the pro CRZ crowd is going to fight this tooth and nail to keep their bot infested gank-fest alive. Because ya know, the game apparently is more fun to play when it ruins other people's fun.
86 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Metyll

And you don't like reading.
2. You're lazy.

Laziness in relation to a video game. lol, just lol

Holy strawman! Did you come up with that one yourself?!

Tell me something I don't know. Unless I go to an underpopulated zone of course.

If the system sucks, complain 'till they make it better =)
Edited by Catamari on 9/21/2012 5:38 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
Um are people sure resource nodes share anymore between realms? It certainly was sharing them when it launched I believe.

Anyways I watched a Hunter from another server swoop down and 'steal' my herb right in front of me in Uldum. He flew off while the herb still remained there. I went and snatched it up and it just disappeared. I highly doubt he forgot to pick this herb up because this happened several times over the period of an hour of herb collecting.

If they can phase resource nodes I am sure they could probably phase rare spawns to individual servers as well.

Outside of those two points I see nothing inherently wrong with CRZ at all. If you're complaining about PvP on a PvP server, well... sorry you couldn't understand the rule set that you signed up for.
16 Worgen Warrior
Worgen starting zone: Drowning survivors not jumping off, "they have allies so do we" unkillable horde machines, and then some just die in front of you, "end game" troll doesn't appear the actual quests series runs along with mobs still alive, and you cant click on wyvern.
Edited by Mirder on 9/21/2012 5:44 PM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
09/21/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Walmartoo
Worgen starting zone: Drowning survivors not jumping off, "they have allies so do we" unkillable horde machines, so die in front of you, "end game" troll doesn't appear the actual quests series runs along with mobs still alive, and you cant click on wyvern.

I just did that on two toons...

Running back into the water and back on land... the survivors jump off no sweat.

Don't see what that has to do with CRZ seeing as the water and the land are the same zone

Not always. Sometimes inside the same zone people are changing servers.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]