CRZ Feedback

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Priest
09/07/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Buffybot
The rare spawns does present issues in the grand scheme of things. But for me the bugs and problems are the most depressing. I love WoW - its my favorite game to play when I get free time. None of the things introduced before this made me feel like /ragequitting. But now I feel very dismayed because I don't know if I can accept the time changing and zone lag and fps drops and PvP issues. That's what has me the most upset over it. I paid for MoP and this is so broken I am regretting my purchase. And the more silence from Blizzard we get the more I wonder if they are going to fix it anytime before Blizzard "soon".

This new concept has been in play for what, at most, few days? People need to be patient lol. Trust me, Blizzard will do what its necessary. The expansion is even out yet. In my experience, the usually come pout with a pre patch, to introduce some of the new things, then when the actual expansion comes out, most of the adjustments needed are addresssed. Ive been playing since opening night of WoW, and I see the same thing over and oveer.

New patch - tons of dislikes, complaints, rage, bugs, etc etc etc etc, after only a few days.
Actual Expansion releases - Most issues addressed, smoothed out, etc

In all, I just want to hep everyone to ease their minds, and dont worry.

Blizzard will smooth things out. Just BE PATIENT, and dont worry. Tehre is more to life than a few bugs or needed adjustments in a game ;). It is Blizzards game afterall, But they can not, and will never be able to make EVERYONE happy. But as a whole, they have satisfied millions enough.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope everyone gets some form of satisfaction out of all of this. Me personally, if they remove cross server realms, it really wont matter, since i ws playing the game before that anyway.

The same with, (for example)if they removed fllying mounts, it woudlnt bother me, since i was playing the game before they existed.
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's an issue that just appeared for me... "Cross realm restart 6:00" "Server Restart 12:00" can't you just restart both?
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/07/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Elindil

It can seem like that, but in the case of low population servers, it will only make it worse.

I made the comparison in another thread; it's like if Canada swooped down to the US, took all our vegetables, and then was unable to sell the back to us. We can no longer harvest our own green beans and we're unable to buy it as well.

I was pretty neutral on CRZ until the avalanche of technical issues got dropped on our heads. The 'social' issue is just salt in the wound at this point.

Im willing to bet, that they will probably merge some of these servers anyway to normalize cross over server. Remember, these are jsut the first steps to making a mechanic in a game, where everyone can see everyone, and im suspecting this will increase as time goes on. For example, they probably will merge the Auction House for all servers in the same Battlegroup.

I doubt they'll merge auction houses. That's pretty much begging for gold sellers to start up like no other again. And since Cross Servers are at this time, also cross Battlegroup (Our biggest visitors on Hydraxis are from Korialstrasz- they're Whirlwind and we're Emberstorm) that junks up the system even more.

I don't think I noted it in this thread, but CRZ is a pretty crappy 'illusion' of a zone being full in a lot of aspects too. I understand that it's been helping with Wpvp, but on the flipside, when you're leveling an Alliance alt and the only thing you see in your zone are level 85 Horde (and vice versa), that doesn't feel full, it's... like seeing it in your own server.

However, my server is about to get a cross-realm reboot in ten minutes, so hopefully this will be better in a few.
90 Human Priest
09/07/2012 09:47 AMPosted by David
I would also like more POSITIVES to list. So far I have only been given three. As this is a FEEDBACK thread, positive feedback is also needed!

I've been following the CRZ threads closely and the only enthusiastic positive feedback I've seen is World PvP, with a scattering of seeing more people in certain zones.

I guess another positive is that you can play w/ friends from other servers, which wasn't possible before.
85 Blood Elf Priest
This new concept has been in play for what, at most, few days? People need to be patient lol. Trust me, Blizzard will do what its necessary. The expansion is even out yet. In my experience, the usually come pout with a pre patch, to introduce some of the new things, then when the actual expansion comes out, most of the adjustments needed are addresssed. Ive been playing since opening night of WoW, and I see the same thing over and oveer.

Unfortunately, not really. These issues were noted in the beta. They released it anyways. :/
87 Human Paladin
Thank you for the additional positive Autumn!
62 Draenei Death Knight
09/07/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Raiil

Unfortunately, not really. These issues were noted in the beta. They released it anyways. :/

Also, there is so little time before a major expansion that the bugs have the potential to overshadow all the great things about the expansion. I realize some things have to be "tested" on live, however right before a major expansion isn't really the time to release something that isn't almost perfect. A couple major bugs is ok, a few minor bugs is ok, but not this many game breaking bugs with very little time to fix them.

09/07/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Elindil
Blizzard will smooth things out. Just BE PATIENT, and dont worry. Tehre is more to life than a few bugs or needed adjustments in a game ;). It is Blizzards game afterall, But they can not, and will never be able to make EVERYONE happy. But as a whole, they have satisfied millions enough.

As I said, " A couple major bugs is ok, a few minor bugs is ok, but not this many game breaking bugs with very little time to fix them."
Edited by Murmurs on 9/7/2012 10:14 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My suggestion, use the technology differently.

Step 1: Free Transfers

Give a two month grace period for all active accounts to be granted free guild and character transfers with no gold transfer cap. Let people pick a new server of their choice with no restrictions and no punishment. Designate safe servers that Blizzard will not ever close down and stick by that promise so that people can pick a home that they know won't be yanked out from under them two months down the road.

Step 2: Close Servers

After giving some time for server populations to settle in after a free transfer period, evaluate server populations and shut a bunch down. There are too many for the current player base and they need to eliminate some. If they don't they are throwing their money away and the consumer can't expect this. At this point in time give a month's notice to all accounts still on the servers being shut down for continued free migration wherever people want to go, under the same rules outlined above. Any untransferred characters or guilds at the end of this period will get an automatic transfer to a server of Blizzard's choosing upon the servers closure.

Step 3: Use the new tech to split zones rather than combine them

At this point Blizzard will have a smaller number of servers some of which will be very overpopulated. Now instead of combining zones you can use the code to split people out of them when zones are too crowded having multiple copies of a zone when things are overpopulated. Now you're using the tech to alleviate the problems of a high pop server rather than giving the illusion of low pop servers being busier with no tangible benefits. If at this point you want to use shared zones for PvP servers with a horde/alliance imbalance, I think that would be a good use of the technology as well.
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/07/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Scytheblade

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Blizzard has stated that this should not happen.

its happening, was mining/hunting aeonaxx last night in deepholm and there were people from PVP servers there

Now I'm curious. I know this is a bug that needs to be fix right away, but any of you automatically flagged once you zoned into Deepholm? Just wondering if it is zoning you all onto a PvP or PvE server.

For the record, I've been seeing a lot of ignorant statements toward those of us that enjoy playing on PvP servers with false claims that people on WPvP servers like CRZ. That couldn't be further from the truth.

I play on Emerald Dream, which is a very unique server in that it is not only one of the most thriving WPvP servers out there, but it also has a tight nit community and friendly rivalry between the two factions. CRZ threatens to damage our community, since server reputation gets thrown out the window once others players from different realms are aloud to grief with no consequences.
85 Gnome Death Knight
Another thing that could be added is since 99.999% of the leveling content is soloable now, more people around doesn't add much except on PvP servers.

Back in vanilla, it was almost required to group up even for non-group quests, but now with the way leveling is, you can run into those same areas and smoke every mob in there without breaking a sweat.
Edited by Ofcorpseican on 9/7/2012 10:14 AM PDT
75 Worgen Warrior
09/07/2012 07:58 AMPosted by David
b. Node Sharing without node spawn increase **

Is this certain? WoW has always had respawn rates of nodes dependent on consumption rate. Unless the CRZ is *over* populated with players, the individual farming rate shouldn't be affected *substantially*. Probably need data on this, and not just anecdotes...

Note: I'm assuming a CRZ will not be over-populated. Why create the CRZ in that case? That wouldn't make sense.
87 Human Paladin
My suggestion, use the technology differently.

Step 1: Free Transfers

Step 2: Close Servers

Step 3: Use the new tech to split zones rather than combine them

Carlyto, due to this being a more step by step process than 3 different suggestions, I combined them into a single suggestion.
90 Troll Shaman
This list of issues is very well thought out and is very constructive. Thank you, David, I think that having all of these problems laid out in such a manner will be much easier for anyone of note to truly see what people have a beef with.

I don't see a ton of people on my server that are Cross-Realm, but I have seen an increase of them of late, and I'm concerned of the repercussions considering I'm already on a high-pop realm.
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/07/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Murmurs

Also, there is so little time before a major expansion that the bugs have the potential to overshadow all the great things about the expansion. I realize some things have to be "tested" on live, however right before a major expansion isn't really the time to release something that isn't almost perfect. A couple major bugs is ok, a few minor bugs is ok, but not this many game breaking bugs and very little time to fix them.

Agreed. I think the freakout would be somewhat muted if we weren't faced with 'Other servers? In MY Pandaland? GTFO!' types of situations.

Honestly, while it's been a pain in the neck for me, I feel really bad for the low pop and RP servers right now. I feel like they're taking the brunt of the damage and others are just blithely telling them to !@#$ because they don't personally have the same problem. :(
85 Troll Warrior
Thank you, David, for this post. It's nice to have one place where we can see all of the pros and cons of CRZ.

Although CRZ has caused some problems, I truly love it, and I believe after these bugs are fixed, it will be a great thing for WoW (only emo MMO-hating players will continue to hate it).
Great Summary of issues. I think you covered everything on my list.

AGREE.
90 Orc Hunter
09/07/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Raiil
I made the comparison in another thread; it's like if Canada swooped down to the US, took all our vegetables, and then was unable to sell the back to us. We can no longer harvest our own green beans and we're unable to buy it as well.

Canada has less population than the state of California.

I personally am in favor of cross realm AH. Again I would say keep the 4 server types separate as they tend to have different priorities which affects pricing on many things. At the same time Blizzard would have to police harassment better. Some people still don't get the concept of a "Free Market" even when it's limited to their realm.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I just got logged out due to my server being restarted but the Cross realm server I was in is still down so I can't login at all.

Another potential positive is an increase in rare spawn nodes (like ore) due to increase in nodes being gathered.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]