Ji Firepaw: Does he even have a clue...

90 Tauren Hunter
maybe it should've been the other way around? Asya and Ji both see the Horde as a threat to Azeroth, Ji join the Alliance because they are fighting the Horde, seeking faster resaults, while Asya joins the Horde to heal it from within, advise the Horde commanders and over all try to make the Horde seek peace?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
That tauren on the wandering isle really misrepresented the horde. After garrosh makes a bunch of racist comments, threw the pandas into a pit fight, and told them they weren't allowed to talk to anyone non-horde again the Horde seem like total jerks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
That tauren on the wandering isle really misrepresented the horde. After garrosh makes a bunch of racist comments, threw the pandas into a pit fight, and told them they weren't allowed to talk to anyone non-horde again the Horde seem like total jerks.

I found it strange that Blizzards choose to repensent the Druidic side of the Horde over the shamanism side. But I don't recall any racist comments, and Ji and the player were repensenting their entire race with the arena, it's not like lorewise every pandaren goes through that.
Reply Quote
Aysa and Ji are both massive idiots, independent of their jumping in to join a faction they know nothing about.

But considering that they've grown up on a secluded island the hasn't, to our knowledge, hasn't known any sort of real strife or warfare (or at least not in recent memory), I think it's fair for them to be naive. They haven't met outsiders before. They aren't aware of how brutal war can be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
I just finished the Pandaren starting area a while ago and all I can say is yes, Ji heard a bit about the Horde and what they're supposed to represent but he had no clue what it would be like until he actually arrived. He even said he was suprised that Garrosh segregated the entire city too. Imo, despite my being a heavy Horde fan after going through the questing experience I personally just wanted to quit and try joining the Alliance instead.
Reply Quote
Stupid is what stupid does.

Imo both of them should have joined the Alliance if they knew what the Horde had done before they joined. It was incredibly naive for Ji to cast his lot in so quickly. The Alliance as a whole is similar in size and strength, with occasional brutality, but they are more reactionary in nature.

It is also good to note that the Draenei are more like the Huojin way then the other members of the Alliance, save the worgen perhaps. Ji would of made fast friends with them.

Sure I am biased, but at least I can back my bias up!
Edited by Kheldren on 9/29/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
09/29/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Kheldren
It is also good to note that the Draenei are more like the Huojin way then the other members of the Alliance, save the worgen perhaps. Ji would of made fast friends with them.

Could you back that up? Ji would hate the Draenei, they have spent 25,ooo years running, that goes completely agaisnt his morals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, when you talk to him in the Valley of Honor, he's basically like, "We definitely made the right choice. Garrosh is intense, sure, but I love these guys!" so he seems pretty OK with the whole ordeal by this point.
Reply Quote
09/09/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Lochnar
She does care. She openly disproves of the Siege of Theramore, and insists that this tactic would likely result in the Alliance attacking Lordaeron

Please don't remind me of this, it was the most facepalm worthy thing I've read this year.

"I plagued Southshore to the point that even we can't live there, I've murdered scores of Alliance citizens, , conducted brutal experimentation, and enforced slave labor on the ones that I let live, and I descerate the bodies of the dead ones in order to fuel my people's population.

But OH NO an attack on a continent on the other side of the world is going to make the Alliance ATTACK ME!!!!!"

Actually, it's because Theramore was home to thousands of Lordaeron refugees, and many survivors of the attack now lost their home TWICE, hence Sylvanas' comment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/29/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Kheldren

Actually, Draenei are more like Tushui who value patience and careful planning over raw energy and impulse. Draenei are ALL about patience and calm instead of fiery passion (except where the Light is concerned).

Tushui actually fits rather well with the Alliance, who are Lawful, while Houjin fit with the Horde, who are chaotic most of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
A character who is clearly written and presented as one who acts on impulse...joined the Horde on impulse. Imagine that.
Reply Quote
7 Blood Elf Priest
I worry about these two characters. Blizz made them both look like idiots by jumping into factions they don't know anything about when all Shang Xi told them to do was study them, and the faction introductions in the Wandering Isle were exceedingly brief. The whole four elements part could've been truncated to make more room for the Alliance and Horde.

Alliance is stuck with Aysa, who just comes off as some sort of weird space alien. I get that Blizzard was trying to go for the typical serene, skilled monk with her, but... she has no character at all. She just trains a lot and wags her finger at Ji like a housewife. There's just nothing there to speak of. She just seems so... sterilized and non-controversial. Besides her appearance and training, what could you say about Aysa? Seriously, play the Redlettermedia game and see what you come up with.

Ji on the other hand has character to spare, and while I picked Alliance to play with my friends, I would've liked to side with him. He's in a bad spot, joining the Horde and all, and I think reading through the dialogue maybe he regrets it. I know Aysa and Jojo were a lot happier upon meeting Varian. Now Blizz says it'll cost him, but I really hope not! He could develop into a really iconic character, it'd be a shame for him to die off now.

I think it would've been really cool if they went to the opposite faction as others have suggested, with Ji trying to spur the Alliance into action and Aysa trying to mend the Horde, but alas, what could have been. Blizzard doesn't do stuff like that (see: Jinyu vs Hozen).
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Monk
I felt really bad for Ji when I reached the end of the Wandering Isles questing. He's a decent guy who's gone and joined up with a bunch of bad guys. The orcs, the forsaken, they don't follow Ji's philosophies at all. Hopefully Ji can lead the Horde down a better path. Hopefully when Garrosh is disposed of Ji will become a prominent member of the Horde, the new Warchief's right hand man (sidenote: the new Warchief better be Vol'jin). There'd still be Sylvanas and the Forsaken to deal with, but maybe Ji can set the Horde on the first step to redemption and becoming productive members of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The orcs and forsaken follow Ji's philosophies to a T.
Any action in the name of protecting home and family is ok.

By that logic the bombing of Southshore was ok, because it eliminated a threat to home and family. The same way clearing out a Hozen village was ok because they got their hands on some cannon-esque fireworks.

Even the landing on Pandaria could be justified by the fact that, by denying your enemies resources you protect yourself, and the taking of those resources could be used to better the lives of your loved ones.

As Ji says, 'Sure Garrosh is intense, but I love these guys.'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]