Nerd Rage recruiting raiders!

90 Draenei Priest
Greetings fellow Feathermooners!

Nerd Rage is looking for raiders to join our ranks. We're currently needing dps for a permanent slot and sub slots in our main raid and taking all roles to get together a second raid group with different days.Our raid times are Tue/Thurs 7:30pm-10:00pm ST and Saturday 7:00pm-10pm ST.

We're looking for people who will show up consistently and on time, who have looked up the fights before hand and not expecting someone to explain every single fight to them multiple times. While this sounds harsh it really isn't. We just want people who are reliable but also can bring a sense of humor and adventure. If you rage about wiping on a boss, we don't want you in our raid. It's called progression for a reason, we probably won't one shot everything in the raid. If you raid just for the loot drops, we don't want you in our raid.

We offer a relaxed raiding atmosphere where we can raid, have fun, see the content and get some phat lewtz. If you can't take a joke, we don't want you in our raid. Sometimes we do things intentionally for laughs. A good example of this is Heroic Trial of the Crusader in Wrath, it was 25 man and we were on the last boss. I was healing on my druid at the time and we had just all gotten back from a wipe and were buffing up. I popped into bear form and started running towards the boss. The whole raid followed me. Only when I actually aggro'd the boss did someone say "Wait...we don't have a bear tank." Funniest thing ever. I, of course, offered to pay for the repair bill but everyone shrugged it off, having laughed about it. After we all got back we killed the boss and got our lewtz. This is the kind of raid we are offering people.

Nerd Rage is not a family friendly guild. We have a lot of adult content and therefore not for the faint of heart. While we’re a bit on the crude side, we do respect each other and put great importance on a fun and drama free environment. We enjoy dungeons, raiding, pvp, leveling, and will be participating in all the new features in Mists of Pandaria.

If you're interested, please respond to this thread, whisper myself or Idilia in-game or send either of us an in-game mail if we're not online.

Read on if you do not want to leave your guild but would like to run with people from your own server for heroics, scenarios, etc and to meet new friends.

Lately with the past expansions it feels as though you don’t meet as many people or make as many friends. With cross realm dungeons and now raids, there is almost no reason to get to know people from your own server. The convenience of getting quick dungeons and raids without having to fuss with finding a group via LFG or Trade has made the game impersonal.

While it is nice to get fast dungeons and raids out of the way for weekly VP caps or gear, we sacrificed the social aspect of the game almost entirely. In return for fast dungeons and raids we receive on average one of two things a) we get total silence or b) we’re verbally abused by someone with too big of an epeen and the internet “tough guy” image.

Since Wrath the game has spiraled down the drain when it comes to social interaction within your own community.

If you don’t want to leave your guild but do want to run with people from your own server, not only for dungeons but PuG raids, achievements, pvp or whatever might interest you, join /Quad channel. Nerd Rage has created it for people to meet each other and do runs where you don’t have to worry about being belittled and insulted or just to laugh and talk with other people from your own damn server.
Edited by Chaillu on 12/1/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Yeah, with the introduction of the LFD and LFR tools the game has definetly become very impersonal outside of raid groups, the social aspect has basically gone down the drain. Even trade chat is full of trolls, before that ; which was before the LFD atleast on the server i was on, was full of LFG x spam and profession stuff. Now there be trolls and Squibbos.

<3's for a great group of people.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Way to be positive! I think there are plenty of good people on this server to befriend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree, the sense of server community is lacking compared to years past, however guild community has improved for most. I have noticed a lot of guilds becoming mega-guilds (for better or worse). This started happening right before the release of Cata and has only increased over the life of the expansion. It would be nice to see more interaction between guilds and individuals on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
From what I have seen guilds have been doing better mainly because of the guild reward system, I think. But the community as a whole is lacking that personal connection. Since the RF and DF have dropped people don't have to get to know their server-mates anymore. There is little-to-no local interaction, since all one has to do is click a button and wait 10 minutes for the queue to pop.

We are hoping to bring back much of the social interaction that was needed in order to be successful back in Vanilla and The Burning Crusade. So whisper or send an in-game mail to myself (Idilia) or Chaillu if you would like to start getting to know some fellow feathermooners again.
Edited by Tellenkar on 9/14/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I agree as well. The server cooperation and communication has decreased steadily. Morons in trade go on about useless off-colored topics and spam certain things to show how ridiculously low their IQ level is, and, generally, when people try to do something productive, they get bashed for it.

It's been getting tougher for me to find people for my random pugs of ICC or Ulduar, and while admittedly I've been focusing on gearing some people for Herald of the Titans, I still have to spend up to 30m looking for random pugs to join my 25m weekly Wrath raids.

While I do have a core group of really amazing people that show up for every raid, there's always that 15 or so that I have to spam trade and /retroraids for a week to get.

I miss the days of Vanilla and BC where you had to look for an hour or two for people for a five man dungeon. Where you had to have certain reputation requirements to ENTER said dungeon. And where you had to do an attunement in order to enter certain raids.

I liked those. It showed you worked hard, you WANTED to help, and you knew how to do your job. And it made you EARN your gear.

I miss the longer dungeons. The many hours of running UBRS, BRD, or Heroic Shadow Labrynth, or Heroic Shattered Halls, etc. I miss multi-day raids like MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx40, etc. You made friends (and sometimes enemies) during those runs. You were forced to work together or fail. Those were the only two options.

But this is another discussion entirely for another time.

Cheers,

Ali
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Unfortunately as the game becomes easyer / makes playing time easyer *Lfd/lfr/account wide x* the social interaction and aspect of the game goes down. =/. Some guilds, do well with raiding and such because they are friendly with other guilds and can share members *via alts and such*.Example: Remnants and Mutiny i think it was? In icc. Night raiders and Relinquish The Loot in Cata.
Edited by Stylist on 9/11/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It sure sounds to me that you're part of the reason why this is a "crap community" as you so eloquently put it. If all you are going to do is troll this post yourself then please refrain from posting. We are trying to make friends and help those who are looking for people to run dungeons/raids/bg's with or just work on achievements and what not. And as for the channel being empty...It's new. Only a handful of people have joined so far. It's not going to be filled with people 24/7 at this moment, it takes time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I personally believe that everyone gets a chance. As for the people in the channel, there might be new faces, there might not be. I'm not sure who exactly you're talking about, Anitahealz, but it could be a friend of mine or someone else in our guild. If they're a "troll" or "poacher" in your book they might not be in ours. I'm sorry you feel so strongly and...angry about this person(s) but please keep it to yourself. We don't feel the same way and if there is trouble in the channel between people we would ask them to overcome their differences and either ignore each other or at least be civil.

I enjoy this game, I enjoy getting to know my fellow server mates. I don't enjoy drama or stress as it aggravates a medical condition that I have. I would appreciate it you would please be civil to one another and not be rude to the people posting on this thread. This is a simple post to try and get people involved with other people from our server in a friendly and cooperative manner. If you don't want to be involved, don't. It's as simple as that. There's no need to be rude.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
In reality, no-one really cares about the fact that there is a live person at the other end of the keyboard. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder in one form or another and just can't let things go and appreciate everyone for what they contribute to the server. Feathermoon can be a good server if people stop fomenting discontent and try to build a better community as a whole.

In the end, I'm just labeled as a server troll because, well I talk too much in trade because I get way too bored waiting for MoP. But even with the label, people can see me at least attempting to be friendly and not trying to stomp others down publicly. If everyone at least attempted to be even the tiniest bit friendly instead of the stereotypical internet bad boy, others would eventually follow suit and Feathermoon would be a better server.

*gets off soapbox and gets on... trade district ah box* :3

-Squibs
Edited by Squibbo on 9/11/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Cheers Squibbo!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bump bump! We've managed to get a couple of people to join our new social channel. The more people who join, the more we are able to do/socialize. Don't forget, if you're looking for a fun and social guild that is able to get things done in both PvE and PvP aspects of the game then join Nerd Rage today!
Edited by Idilia on 9/14/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Still looking for others that are interested in meeting new friends and exploring the upcoming content together. Whisper me or send me an in-game mail if you are.

^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nerd rage has the classic feel of a guild willing to provide a family environment to newcomers to the game, and old vets who want to shoot the !@#$.

Having been introduced to end game content with such a guild, I can tell you nothing is more enjoyable to a casual player then learning the game in such an environment.

In addition, outside of guild affiliation, my move to Feathermoon has instilled in me an importance to leaving a legacy in the realm. This can occur through communication on your faction side, participating in candid conversation through trade as well as player established channels, leaving you with a more filling gaming experience.

Get to know your fellow game members, and Nerd Rage appears to be a good start.

Keep fighting the good fight guys, from a fellow gamer and former casual.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]