Cart's Little Gold Making Guide

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yo! I finally completed my first video and I clearly still have a long way to go along the path of making stuff high quality. The video came out a bit sluggish but really digging in and tweaking things as I get more experience will fix that up in future videos. But it was a really fun process and I'll continue to do more videos on raids, bgs, arena, and such when Mists of Pandaria rolls around.

It turned out to be fairly long video because I tried (perhaps detrimentally) to be really thorough and show step by step everything I do in my gold method as well as provide some strategies and such. But as I say in the video its really really simple and its for everyone to use! I hope you guys watch it (if you have a spare half hour lawlz)! If you don't have time to watch it all, I did post a summary in the comments of the method I use for people to see.

Totally recommend this to your friends if they are looking to find an easy effective way to make gold that doesnt take a lot of time.

Super thanks go out to Torage, Sunsepter, and Gahazakul for all the feedback and technical help they gave me to make this happen. I really really appreciate it.

It was a ton of work to get this thing done, and I hope there's someone out there it can help so the work pays off!

If anyone has any questions or comments totally feel free to email me in game. If you like the video and some of my other goofy stuff I've done, then don't forget to subscribe to my channel and then head on over to www.twitch.tv/cartavadin and follow my live stream that is typically a first hand look into the crazy antics that take place during what we affectionately call Drunken BGs!

Heres the link: http://youtu.be/-BN4oB8twBw
Edited by Cartavadin on 9/10/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Great video! You sound much less like Cliff from Cheers on YouTube. ;0)

I was already familiar with the idea of this method, and was planning to take advantage of it in Mists, but it's nice to see it laid out like this.

I haven't used an AH addon since... back in BC, I think. I remember Auctioneer becoming bloated and overcomplicated. What addon are you using?

Edit: probably worth mentioning that in order for this method to work you, you'll need a Jewelcrafter, Enchanter and (optionally) an Alchemist.
Edited by Vivimord on 9/10/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I support this thread.

Remember my tips I told you about changing the rendering next time.

Supported.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Viv I appreciate the feedback! In the video itself I actually do mention the need for the Enchanter/JC/Alchemist but I failed to put that in the comments which I will change! Thanks a ton!

I use Auctionator and Tradeskill Master

I just use them as time savers. Auctionator allows me to Alt+L-Click on any item I want to sell and it automatically puts it in the selling window and auto undercuts by 25s. Its also nice for its "Buy" tab where you can search for any item on the AH and it will display those items by the lowest price per item which is convenient.

As far as Tradeskill master I use it for its Auto-open Mail option. It auto opens all your mail and places those items in your bags without you having to shift click each mail item to get your stuff.

Thanks for the input and I hope that answers your questions! :-)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Heh, I see you went over the addons in the video. Guess I should have waited to comment until I'd finished watching. ;0)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i like it i like it!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
My favorite part was the beard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fear the beard... fear the beard
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/10/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Vivimord
You sound much less like Cliff from Cheers on YouTube. ;0)

I will need to watch it - if nothing else than for this. ^

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for watching! After getting a great deal of feedback its a little too fat on commentary and needs to be much more direct and efficient in getting the necessary information out to people.

But its a learning process and videos in the future will be much more streamlined and entertaining. Thank you all for the constructive criticism and I look forward to making more videos on a variety of subjects.

Dont forget to watch my stream at www.twitch.tv/cartavadin this Friday from 5:15 server till whenever I pass out from too much gin! AAO will be mowing down DS for one of the last few times and it should be quite entertaining!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I don't know, I enjoyed all the commentary. But then, that's probably because I know you and you're from FM. If anyone was just there looking for a gold guide, they might feel differently. :0)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps... When making it I felt the commentary was needed and that the more information i was able to deliver; the better it was for anyone who would view it. And though I still beileve that whole heartedly, I think that there is a better way to present that the way I did in that video.

But that is part of the learning process, and is something that will guide my future endeavors.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]