Any advantages to DW as a Brewmaster?

85 Night Elf Priest
Can anyone think if there are any advantages to DW as a Brewmaster instead of going for the Staff?

I have to admit DW as a Brewmaster would at least look awesome. :P
Reply Quote
Been discussed in several threads on beta classes...

DW provides smoother and more reliable generation of Elusive Brew charges. The total generated over a fight are the same, but RNG can get wonky with a 2H right now and your stacks fall off.

Other than that, there is no reason to run one over the other, and once our crit gets higher, then it will be a moot point as welll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Communism's guide touches on DW vs 2H for Brewmasters.

http://www.disargeria.net/2012/05/03/master-the-brewmaster-the-monk-tanking-guide/

You should take a look, if you haven't already.

EDIT: Or just read Alifer's reply, which is essentially what the guide says.
Edited by Alandrek on 9/11/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Thank you for the link Alandrek. It had EXACTLY what I was looking for. I really want to make my first tank in my WoW history a monk.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Keep in mind that the stat budgets are higher on 2H though.

509 heroic items:

2H
1380 Agi
2071 Stam
1831 secondary

DW (x2)
1184 Agi
1774 Stam
1506 secondary

Difference:
196 Agi
297 Stam
325 secondary
...or 14-17%, which is not insignificant
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
I'm still leaning towards staff/polearm.

Lol, I guess it's because I tank mostly on a druid and dk, so DW feels inherently wrong to me. In my mind, leather/agi tanks use polearms/staff! And because of DK tanking, DW is wrong too!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm gonna level as staff, just because I'm looking forward to FINALLY being a monk. I've levelled with my two masses of mcgowan before; time for a staff!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]