Elemirre's Ret pally playpen

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What are my fellow ret pallies opinions? i am loving the new setup (although it is weird liking haste once more)

Two words: Holy Avenger :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
i played a little bit of ret. for one, i like how you don't have to #%%#*%*# around with 500 empty gcds while you wait 15 years for crusader strike to come off of cooldown. It feels a lot faster and more fun.

As it is I like where paladins are atm. I could see myself returning to my paladin in mop, potentially.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I hopped on for a bit to run some TB dailies and I do really enjoy there being better things to do than wait around for cooldowns (much like Kerrath said). I dont know if I will ever paly this guy much though until I get tired of my druid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/11/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Orniras
I dont know if I will ever paly this guy much though

Good, because you are a scrub.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
^
What he said
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/11/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Thelanora
I do love the new ret but holy will always be my favorite

How does the change to Holy Shock feel with 5.0.5?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
nerds.

jk ilu ♥
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/3E1wZ.jpg
world of warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I liked cata ret more. MoP ret just feels dull by comparison.

I feel I should mention one of the reasons I used to play ret was as a contrast to my lock.

One's slow as can be and utterly lacking in burst but has great sustained damage
And the other, fast and bursty as can be, but only for about 30 seconds at a time.

I liked playing both extremes. :3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
cata ret was slow. here's the rotation.

hit crusader strike.

wait 15 years. optionally, tickle the boss with an attack that does little to no damage.

hit crusader strike.

wait 15 years. optionally, tickle the boss with an attack that does little to no damage.

hit crusader strike.

templar's verdict.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
cata ret was slow. here's the rotation.

hit crusader strike.

hit crusader strike.

hit crusader strike.

templar's verdict.

MoP ret plays basically the same, the filler damage is better but burst is weaker. Maybe Im bad for preferring the cata version. I thought it was more fun. :P

In MoP, unless you get the talent that gives you procs, it's pretty much just CS/TV spam. I like the proc talent because of how it feels...makes it more interesting. But then I lose zeal so blah.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
the difference is that all of your attacks grant HP rather than just CS, so you get to hammer down on TV all day now. So instead of waiting 15 years to do anything, you get to constantly push buttons.

It's less bursty, sure, but it's less afk-y too.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/12/2012 7:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
if you want to play a little more bursty, though, grab sanctified wrath. for the duration of wings, your rotation is spamming HoW.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/12/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/12/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Kerrath
the difference is that all of your attacks grant HP rather than just CS, so you get to hammer down on TV all day now. So instead of waiting 15 years to do anything, you get to constantly push buttons.

Maybe it's how you played it, but i hardly ever had to wait to do anything. Rare occasions I would go into a drought(so I do know what you mean) but generally I was always pushing something. And as you know my dps was competitive all of cata.

Were you using DW and Judgement as filler?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
yes i was

the difference is that now the rotation doesn't have any fillers. it has priorities. fillers are boring and inconsequential. you could skip out on them and not lose much damage.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
09/12/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Kerrath
play a little more bursty

I accidentally read this as "a little more busty" and totally thought you were hitting on Thel for a sec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]