what are some good tanking addons?

90 Human Paladin
^^^
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Warrior
Check out the stickies if you haven't already. Good accurate advice on addons.
Reply Quote
Skill, practice, and a thick skull :)
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
09/07/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Alifer
Skill, practice, and a thick skull :)

i do believe you mean skin. we prefer tanks to NOT be thick skulled 'round here.
Reply Quote
LOL
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
That and DBM XD

But really Tidyplates (And with threatplates), I also use shadowed unit frames. DBM is necessary for all roles really. Omen is optional really, I'm sure its useful in raids but I do 5mans and its quite useless. Bartender lets you rearrange action bars and keybind real easy. I'm sure I'm missing a lot, I have so many addons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Peggle
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
tanks dont use addons..not even DBM!!!! it reduces out reaction time and byte speeds.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
09/07/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Íwasawa
tanks dont use addons..not even DBM!!!! it reduces out reaction time and byte speeds.

Assuming you're a troll, but I really don't use DBM. I don't need .... that crap on my screen.

I recommend IceHUD and TellMeWhen to track your CDs (both Long 1m+ and short 3-10 sec)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
09/08/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Muffadamus

Assuming you're a troll, but I really don't use DBM. I don't need .... that crap on my screen.

I recommend IceHUD and TellMeWhen to track your CDs (both Long 1m+ and short 3-10 sec)

DBM is mandatory if you want to be in any kind of decent raiding guild.

But other than that, you probably won't need it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I hear that all the time, but I've very successfully raid-led multiple guilds since release. I do not like nor employ DBM-type mods.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
If you can't raid without DBM, the issue is you, not the lack of DBM.

I use DBM, it does make things easier, especially since I'm usually calling things out. But it is not necessary if you pay attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/08/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Muffadamus
I hear that all the time, but I've very successfully raid-led multiple guilds since release.

On what account?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
If you can't raid without DBM, the issue is you, not the lack of DBM.

I use DBM, it does make things easier, especially since I'm usually calling things out. But it is not necessary if you pay attention.

I'm not saying it's impossible to raid without DBM. I'm saying any raiding guild worth a damn will require you to have DBM.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
DBM is helpful. If someone dies because they don't have DBM or their DBM isn't working, they're bad. Use it if you want, it is very useful, but be aware enough and learn the fights well enough to do fine without it if you need to. "I didn't hit my button for fading light because a voice didn't count down for me!" = BAD.

Omen has been suggested. I installed it and I thoroughly ignore it. It doesn't do very much that your raid frames and view of the area you're in don't do - healer or dps in your raid frames gets a yellow or red outline on their box and you know you need to get more threat on something, looking at enemy name plates and seeing some without red glows is a pretty solid indicator too.

MogIt is great to pass the time... lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I actively use addons such as DBM, Weakauras (it's like power auras but i actually took the time to learn how it works so i stick with it), Threat Plates and well... Bartender.. but like who doesn't use that
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
I can't think of a mechanic not called Molten Seeds that a tank needs to track that DBM is essential for., tbh.

ElvUI is a mostly-encompassing addon. It has similar functionality to ThreatPlates and Quartz, plus it just looks smexy.

DBM, Omen, WeakAuras/PowerAUras, and some sort of cooldown announcer addon.
Edited by Loveshðck on 9/9/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
DBM is not critical if you know the fights but it helps. I am to lazy to mess with my UI to put things like de-buffs etc in center screen. I use DBM because I often find I am calling out mechanics etc, to raid and it helps to have something to make the job easier. I can focus on tanking before you flame I MT on my DK and am working on 6/8 thru 8/8 heroic DS.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Krouger/advanced
Came late to the expac but find something you can work with is the key. I use DBM Skada and big brother (to many people forget to flask or eat sometimes plus it helps to warn if mage decides to put a port ontop of something you have to click will warn me (my team likes to troll each other going into the Hagara fight mage ports mole machines etc) the key will be to make it comfortable to do your job beyond that nothing is required
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]