Hello Baelgun

100 Draenei Paladin
So I've been here a few weeks now and have been trying to get situated on the server. Is there much of an open pug scene for alts or RBGS? I realize this summer has been slow and boring due to end of xpack(even worse on my old server, which is why several of us moved here), but I'm trying to see whats out there. Enjoy maintenance!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Hello kind sir and welcome to Baelgun!!!

To be honest, there hasn't been much of an open pug scene for RBGS here :(

But that doesn't mean that "~someone~" who is longing for such a thing to happen can't step up to the plate and get something going! :)

If you are ~really~ into PvP, touch base with one of the main tanks in your guild, Frozenrot. I'm not certain, nor up to date with a lot of things, but I've done PvP with him in the past, he might still be actively doing things, not sure though.

~~Dare
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Well, I'm more interested in the PVE pug scene then the RBGS. I'm also talking for alts, as my main PVE and main PVP toon will be involved with guild runs. I've been on other servers where there were weekly runs of alts of multiple guilds at scheduled times. Was a great way to stay in touch with each other and create a nice cohesion among guilds. Made for a nice community. Was looking if there was anything like that going on here with a decent level of progression. Mostly, just curious and bored today I guess. : )
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I get ya, the PVE raid pug scene is ... sketchy. It can take place, but not a lot of it, not as much as compared to the WofLK days anyway.... Part of that is that Blizz killed off the need for 25man runs when they made all the gear the same ilevel and also shared the raid locks between 10 and 25 man. Plus, tbh, blizz has had a downturn in active subscriptions since the release of D3. Not that D3 was ~that great~, it also happened to be about the time many were getting bored with, or done with, the current content and looking for something else to do with their time. (I do believe the release of D3 and the downturn of subs is coincidental more than anything else, but D3 probably did contribute a minor part).

Anyway, what you may find is guild pugging for 1~2 players for their guild run rather than a full pug run. Not that they don't happen, but generally on the older content for transmog runs rather than current content.

Just my two cents worth ... and my observation. If you hang out in general chat/trade chat long enough you'll find a pug group I'm sure though.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I haven't played on here since about February (only back for pandas now), but when I was active on Alliance for Firelands/Dragonsoul there was a frequent GDKP run I got into a lot full of alts from a lot of the better guilds, it usually ended up being a full clear. I don't know who ran it but I know it happened.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
That's more what I'd be looking for. If you hear of anything, send me a note : )
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly Zaidian,

Baelgun is pretty much a "every man for himself" type of realm (or as i so feel) granted there ARE guilds that look for pvp or raiding and are truly committed to that type of content. You will find something if you do post and get yourself out there. As i am not on alliance on baelgun i know the horde guilds <Multintidious> (sure i spelled them wrong), <mementomori> are pvping guilds, <Bless the Martyr> is the new top raiding guild on horde side. As to the others, havent seen most lately, and the trade is pretty full of trolls you can find the nice people in the A.M.

Thank You,
Roax
Baelgun Communicator |m|
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Well, I'm completely happy with my current guild for raiding and even pvp on my main pvp toon. Just trying to see what's going on out there community wise for alts. Baelgun seems to have the people to support some community wide activities (i.e. the Arena Event). But, I realize LFR and xrealm raiding keeps people inside their bubbles and circles. Maybe, I'll create and try to maintain some type of thread for pugging.....looking for my motivation button.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
09/13/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Zaidian
Well, I'm completely happy with my current guild

Damnit, we lose again.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
09/13/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Justanothadk
Well, I'm completely happy with my current guild

Damnit, we lose again.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/13/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Zaidian
Well, I'm completely happy with my current guild for raiding and even pvp on my main pvp toon. Just trying to see what's going on out there community wise for alts. Baelgun seems to have the people to support some community wide activities (i.e. the Arena Event). But, I realize LFR and xrealm raiding keeps people inside their bubbles and circles. Maybe, I'll create and try to maintain some type of thread for pugging.....looking for my motivation button.

We do pug a few spots for our alt run here and there, and I typically add anyone who does well to my friend list with a note designating that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]