Why do I have to drink when swapping specs?

90 Blood Elf Priest
09/08/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Elethia
Except it wasn't a response to the thread. I accept and share those frustrations. It was a direct response to having to mash a button when you get into an instance and hope the group doesn't carry on.

Alright, I misread then. My apologies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
♥ All good. I should have cut out the section not directly relevant to my response.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Seriously, necroing this because it's hella annoying. I understand a minor penalty, 20-25%, but more is just pointless, are drinks that important of a gold sink for the economy?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm certain that this is due to the game not taking in to account the 400% mana buff Druid/Monk/Shaman/Pally healers get to have a proper mana bar.

With that said, it's really not that bad to get in to the random dungeon and say "One sec, drinking," and use a water.

I do it all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm certain that this is due to the game not taking in to account the 400% mana buff Druid/Monk/Shaman/Pally healers get to have a proper mana bar.

With that said, it's really not that bad to get in to the random dungeon and say "One sec, drinking," and use a water.

I do it all the time.

And just about all the time, the tank is already pulling even as I'm mashing my macro. :)

I still say it's really unfair that my Shaman and Paladin don't have to drink, but I do.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/23/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Tiriél
I still say it's really unfair that my Shaman and Paladin don't have to drink, but I do.

Why don't your shaman and paladin have to drink? I know my Monk does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah, the title may not be intuitive, but I am extremely confused about something.

I first noticed this on the Goblin Shaman I rolled last weekend. Basically, when I swap between Resto and Ele, I lose about 20-25% of my mana bar, and no more. I was like, "Holy crap, this is AWESOME! No more drinking when I get into a dungeon! :D" I thought maybe this was some new thing that would be a Quality of Life boost for all healers/mana users in dungeons. But no, it was not to be. Or, perhaps I should be more specific.

I have Healers of every class at max level. I have tested this on my 85 Shaman, my 68 Shaman, my 85 Priest, my 85 Paladin, and two 85 Druids.

- When swapping from Ele to Resto or Resto to Ele on my Shaman, I lose approximately 20% of my mana bar, but that's it. No drinking, HOORAY!

- When swapping from Resto to Guardian on my Druids, I lose all mana. However, when swapping from Guardian to Resto, my bar is refilled to 80% full. This is regardless of how much mana I had previously.

- When swapping from Holy to Prot on my Paladin, I lose all mana. However, when swapping from Prot to Holy, my bar is refilled to 80% full. This is regardless of how much mana I had previously (I went from having 9k mana in prot swapping back quickly to having 84k immediately).

And then there's my Priest. Yeah, I knew it was too good to be true. Because when I swap between specs as my Priest (regardless of the spec), I go OOM. Every time. And I have to sit and drink.

So while my Shaman, Druid, and Paladin can immediately get to healing in a dungeon, my Priest has to sit on the ground and drink. And I didn't think this would bug me this much, but it really pisses me off. If Paladins, Shaman, and Druids can all be granted 80% or more mana when they swap into Resto, why can't Priests have the same thing? Why are we different? It's a small thing, but I really do not understand it at all.

wtf. I had no idea this disparity existed. (Like really, I haven't had time to play alts this expansion).

EDIT: No wonder no one seems to understand the concept of me needing to drink at the start of an instance anymore.
Edited by Teritia on 10/24/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Wow, I had no idea this was happening. I'm sorry, but that's just dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]