Ravencrest Mentor Guild & Qualifications

90 Worgen Warrior
Dear Blizzard, I'd like to pass on some opinion in regards to the qualifications of our mentors on Ravencrest Alliance side.

I'd like to state something after some thought on this issue. It is true that everyone makes mistakes. I'm hoping that everyone involved learns from this mistake and it does not repeat in the future. Whatever the outcome, hopefully the mentor guild will learn to vet their information better and provide solid mentoring down the road.

I have some concerns about our mentor guild on Ravencrest Alliance. I believe the process of obtaining information to answer questions and mentor people needs some work. For example, a certain principle representative of the mentor guild was asked the simple question of how to play arms warriors. His reply was that they used 2 1 hander weapons. (Again there was a lot more background to this but it was basically stated that he had that notion from hearsay. I completely took out the copy+pasted text and screenshots to avoid "calling anyone out")

Now if I was a new player and joined the mentor guild to learn about the game, I would be fed misinformation on that topic. This answer was given in trade chat and the representative also stated that it was based on hearsay (a very unreliable source). I would argue that a mentor guild should definitely be able to vet information in order to mentor and teach players effectively.

I also have some concerns about the grammar and syntax of that certain representative. Although he is a really nice guy, I feel like the language needs to be comprehensible given this is a text-based game.

In conclusion, I’d like to ask for some better vetting of mentor guilds in the future and perhaps giving the mentor guilds better guidelines on how to mentor new players and find reliable information. Although this was only one mistake, who knows how much misinformation could have been relayed in guild chat from unreliable sources? I hope that we can all improve from this one mistake so newer players will not receive misinformation.

*Edited to remove any sort of “calling someone out”
Edited by Camirex on 9/9/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
+1
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i agree
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
sticky it. Blizzard must be made aware of this.
Edited by Sensey on 9/8/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
An arms warrior dual wielding?

Mentor my !@#.

Get somebody to mentor who actually knows the information and won't mislead players.

Turn this into a petition, sticky it, and start signing it people.

/Signed

Petitions are against the forum rules.
Edited by Desiration on 9/8/2012 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Shadows of Emerald Isle or Revelation would be my pick for a mentoring guild. I agree with you 100% cam.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I completely agree with cam.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
+1 5/5 stars
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/08/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Desiration

So are call-out threads.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
What makes you think this belongs on general discussion?

And calling people out is against ToU
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I take no sides on this... but just know that specifically calling people out on the forums does nothing but get your post deleted and you banned.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/08/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Auste

So are call-out threads.

It's a legitimate concern. Even if Cam edited out the name of the GM, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to type "Blizzard Mentor Alliance" into the search bar and go to Ravencrest.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
as long as you love meeeee!~
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
09/08/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Yubaba
Brb getting some popcorn

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

Posting over used gif because hey, everyone else gets to at some point.

Call out threads are against the rules, is there not an email adress you can send this too or something?

09/08/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Sensey
sticky it. Blizzard must be made aware of this.

I don't think that is necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

It's a legitimate concern. Even if Cam edited out the name of the GM, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to type "Blizzard Mentor Alliance" into the search bar and go to Ravencrest.

It's still against the ToU, hypocrite.

I'm not the OP nor have I called anyone out. Try again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This needed to be posted. A mentoring guild should have a GM and some people within the guild qualified to teach players.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/08/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Buckuoff
This needed to be posted. A mentoring guild should have a GM and some people within the guild qualified to teach players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]