Pally heals grievances

90 Human Paladin
Ok, this is not going to be a laundry list of complaints, but I am going to say that before this patch hit, I was capable with the gear I had to AoE heal at least decently, and not run out of mana. Mana regen is sad. I find using light heals with the exact same gear to be excessively draining, insofar as my spine trinket is almost not worth even using. Even judging constantly it doesn't matter.

Cleanse CD, are you out of your damn mind?!?! I thought it was a bad idea when you guys were going to use a CD on spellsteal, and at least then you had the good sense to roll that one back... I mean, what are you trying to do, make every fight that required serious dispells to be an automatic loss? I remember a lot of people healing through stuff in wrath, I was under the impression that you guys wanted us cleansing people, and now you pull this crap?

What really sickens me is that I pridefully leveled this toon from 1-85 holy. I was good at it, too. I loved the mechanics for pallies, as it just had the feel of intuitive game play, and now, I cannot help but feel relieved that I selected prot as my offspec.

I loved healing, but this nonsense continues, I won't do it anymore. This is the danger of making us less than we were. I know, some of the kool aid drinkers will not agree with the idea that we are weaker than we were, but the same people should consider this. Buffs we had are gone, totems and auras, gone. certain abilities, either gone or no longer useful, and likely to be stripped out in the next expansion because no one uses them anymore, all these things make us lesser beings. "Oh, but when we hit level 90, we will be stronger..." Pul-lease. You actually believe we would be stronger because the numbers at 90 are greater? Imagine if none of our abilities were stripped out, and none of our buffs were removed or nerfed. You still feel the same way?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
KA
Ok, this is not going to be a laundry list of complaints, but I am going to say that before this patch hit, I was capable with the gear I had to AoE heal at least decently, and not run out of mana. Mana regen is sad. I find using light heals with the exact same gear to be excessively draining, insofar as my spine trinket is almost not worth even using. Even judging constantly it doesn't matter.

Why are you judging at all? It no longer gives any mana back.

I loved healing, but this nonsense continues, I won't do it anymore. This is the danger of making us less than we were. I know, some of the kool aid drinkers will not agree with the idea that we are weaker than we were, but the same people should consider this. Buffs we had are gone, totems and auras, gone. certain abilities, either gone or no longer useful, and likely to be stripped out in the next expansion because no one uses them anymore, all these things make us lesser beings. "Oh, but when we hit level 90, we will be stronger..." Pul-lease. You actually believe we would be stronger because the numbers at 90 are greater? Imagine if none of our abilities were stripped out, and none of our buffs were removed or nerfed. You still feel the same way?

We aren't weaker and yes a few auras were removed....but some (Crusader) were baked into all specs. We now have a beacon and seals that don't need to be refreshed, a new HoT, our AoE heals now heal the beacon target, etc, etc. We are absolutely NOT weaker. They just took out some superfluous stuff and streamlined it a bit.

I'm really not understanding what you are complaining about. You seem to actually be a bit confused as to what was actually done.

Since int no longer increases your mana pool (its now static) you may want to regem for spirit if you plan to do much before MoP hits. If not...then just wait it out but all that Int is good but its not as good as it used to be. Spirit will help you a lot.
Edited by Slitz on 9/10/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ah, MELEE attacks cause a chance of it. Misred tool tip.

Yeah, because everyone uses melee attacks to maybe regain mana..... very intuitive.

Screw healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ah, MELEE attacks cause a chance of it. Misred tool tip.

Yeah, because everyone uses melee attacks to maybe regain mana..... very intuitive.

Screw healing.

Uh..

Well, you're supposed to regain mana from Spirit. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/10/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Rïdley

Paladins have been meleeing for mana for a long time now. This is not new. Healing was changed and the CD cleanse is really pvp related. Paladins are still real strong. Not sure what the fuss is over.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/10/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Harpoa

Paladins have been meleeing for mana for a long time now. This is not new. Healing was changed and the CD cleanse is really pvp related. Paladins are still real strong. Not sure what the fuss is over.

This.
Reply Quote

Er, Paladins have for quite some time. My Pally played whack-a-heal long before the changes. Did you not read SoI's tooltip until now? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I feel like you have to want to run out of mana in order to do so. As long as your aren't derping all over the place, your regen will be fine.

Derp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find regen quite weak on my pala as well. And with all the accent on holy power, we don't even know where we stand compared to other healers when it comes to regen. All I know is that I am struggling very hard to be able to heal for an entire fight without running OOM, sometimes by using the wrong heals at the wrong time to conserve mana or, consuming mana to generate HP.
Edited by Xcentrik on 9/10/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/10/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Sparklefever
Oh snap dude. Your Paladin had totems? Must've been OP! Did you rename your personal class to Shamapaladin? Palaman? Shamadin?

That's "palasham". Get your vocabulary right, yo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
HC
Come to me tears; come to me...

*holds out new jar*
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC

Because:

Morchok
Yorsahj
Zon'ozz
Ultraxion
or Madness don't cater to Paladins for auto attacking for mana?

I get that some of your points are salient, and to that degree hold their own merits - you don't like how somethings were removed and as a product of it you don't feel as strong or as effective. Though, how you leveled from 1-85 as Holy and missed the one thing that makes Paladins sort of ridiculous with their mana regen is completely beyond my scope of understanding.
Reply Quote
Reminds me of the mage(s) I had to teach about polymorph in an 85 heroic...

Or the tankadin who was in DS on a guild run (that I was asked to come help on, not my guild) that didn't know you had to *push* Ardent Defender.

Or the (several actually) RShaman who saw spirit link as "useless"

And yes, the only people really having issues (as in... hawk-watching the mana bars, using CDs on CD if possible, etc) right now are healing priests and rshaman.

My regen went from 6k without procs (8k with) to 3.5k without and 5k with (and I *FINALLY* got heart of the unliving after 5.0.4 dropped) procs.

I also lost similar things to what every other healer lost in terms of regen.

I have more hope for the devs tweaking rshaman (as it is easier to tweak them while leaving them at the "standard" 50% regen from spirit (via watersheild), which seems to be something they really want to do (excpet when disc was lower)). The 10% reduction in healing spell costs did help, but it wasn't awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
As others have said, holy paladins have been meleeing for mana for some time now. Yor'sahj has always been: Heal the tank, heal the raid, whack the boss/mana void while the DPS go chase slimes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/10/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Practical

Because:

Morchok
Yorsahj
Zon'ozz
Ultraxion
or Madness don't cater to Paladins for auto attacking for mana?

I get that some of your points are salient, and to that degree hold their own merits - you don't like how somethings were removed and as a product of it you don't feel as strong or as effective. Though, how you leveled from 1-85 as Holy and missed the one thing that makes Paladins sort of ridiculous with their mana regen is completely beyond my scope of understanding.

I find this to be very amusing, as I distinctly remember being told that I was stupid for doing this very thing in early Catacylsm raids.

Not specifically by you, Practical, but by others.

I don't know, Ridley...I haven't changed any of my reforges yet, I have no DS gear, and I am still really, really, strong. The Cleanse change was an unwelcome one, though. Also, healers are hardly unique in reaching godly-status at the end of an expansion. Everyone will likely take a hit, once the new content arrives, not just healers.

You do understand that healers in this game, played well, and as a good team, are strong enough to be able to heal through quite a bit of fail, right? It's how early progression happens in raids, for most average guilds.

Also - if you don't like the healing changes as a matter of personal opinion, that is fine, and no one can (or should) try to tell you that you are wrong. I'm just speaking from the objective perspective of healer class capability.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Rïdley
I know, some of the kool aid drinkers will not agree with the idea that we are weaker than we were, but the same people should consider this.

I like the part where you just blanket discount anyone who disagrees with you before they even enter the thread. It isn't our fault you aren't capable of adjusting to the new changes.

I've personally had 0 issues, with mana regen or through-put, while still doing full clears of H. DS. If you are finding your mana depleting too quickly check your spell usage and frequency. Stop spamming and cast as needed.

CD on cleanse = coordination with the rest of your heal team and do not expect to just do it all yourself. Arguably, the only places you still need to even bother cleansing in DS are Hagara and Spine. It's just easier to heal through Zon'ozz's debuff, and has been for quite some time. As far as cleansing in 5 mans, if that is even a concern, most of the spell effects there are either weak enough to not require a cleanse or are avoidable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shamans are ok now at 85. Haven't you seen Healing Tide Totem?

4piece tier + spiritwalkers grace + HTT = lulz.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually I am a little curious how this whole melee mana regen thing works? Do I just stand close to the mobs or is there a spell I need to throw out like CS? Any clarification would be great. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/10/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Cyliia
Actually I am a little curious how this whole melee mana regen thing works? Do I just stand close to the mobs or is there a spell I need to throw out like CS? Any clarification would be great. Thanks!

Just think of it as vanilla paladin when all you do was auto attack up until level 45.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]