Pally heals grievances

100 Tauren Druid
09/10/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Cyliia
Actually I am a little curious how this whole melee mana regen thing works? Do I just stand close to the mobs or is there a spell I need to throw out like CS? Any clarification would be great. Thanks!

Stand next to mob/boss, right-click on mob/boss, let auto-attack fill you with mana.

Note, it is wise to let the tank get aggro on said mob/boss before right-clicking on it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Stand next to mob/boss, right-click on mob/boss, let auto-attack fill you with mana.

Note, it is wise to let the tank get aggro on said mob/boss before right-clicking on it.

So how much mana do I actually get by doing this?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

So how much mana do I actually get by doing this?

You need to use Seal of Insight for this to work, your melee hits will sometimes return 4% of your base mana.

One of the tier set (T12?) bonus (I think it is 2-piece) will also sometimes return 6% base mana when you cast Holy Shock, which is pretty useful.

Blood Elfs can also use their racial to regen mana, something I've been pretty grateful for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Cyber, Cyliia is a Draenei.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
09/10/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Cyberpallie
You need to use Seal of Insight for this to work, your melee hits will sometimes return 4% of your base mana.

Hmm...I guess I will see how I feel at 90 with propper gear and spirit gemming before I worry about this. Just doesnt seem like a lot of mana for 5 mans. But boy am I glad judgment is gone. Yeay!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm...I guess I will see how I feel at 90 with propper gear and spirit gemming before I worry about this. Just doesnt seem like a lot of mana for 5 mans. But boy am I glad judgment is gone. Yeay!!

It's really only something you do during downtime (light periods of healing) or you're literally so OOM+Plea is on CD that you have no alternative.

It's really good especially on Madness. Nozdormo buff gives you more haste (more auto attacks=more mana) and there's plenty of lulls throughout the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ridley, try gemming some more int/spirit gems rather than your 1. Heartsong will also make a difference. If you feel like spending some justice points the spirit + SP on use trinket helps a lot. Also try reforging away from all the haste you have into mastery. I was geared/gemmed very similarly to you when the patch hit. With mana and regen the way they are atm, I aimed to cast fewer spells, with more throughput. Your missing spirit plus large amounts of haste will just be eating that bar as you have laid out. I have roughly 32% mastery I believe atm (at work so can't check) and I find healing normal DS to be fine. Especially when I am meleeing where ever possible as other posters have outlined.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only real grip I have with pally healing right now is when I'm in a group with a prot paladin who has also taken sacred shield. It's pretty annoying since they don't stack and theirs seems to be better in combat at least.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/10/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Sacred Shields do stack. They used to not in beta, but they do now.

Really? hmm it seemed like mine was getting pushed off but possibly I wasn't paying attention. Very possible
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been doing a lot of soloing and questing so right now sacred shield is amazing for preventing pushback. I'll probably keep it at least in one spec through leveling to 90 then do some experimenting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/10/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Morenn
Yeah, because everyone uses melee attacks to maybe regain mana..... very intuitive.

Er, Paladins have for quite some time. My Pally played whack-a-heal long before the changes. Did you not read SoI's tooltip until now? o_O

I haven't healed anything until the night I posted this. I'm usually a tank unless we get too many tanks.... my bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/10/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Diharma
Ridley, try gemming some more int/spirit gems rather than your 1. Heartsong will also make a difference. If you feel like spending some justice points the spirit + SP on use trinket helps a lot. Also try reforging away from all the haste you have into mastery. I was geared/gemmed very similarly to you when the patch hit. With mana and regen the way they are atm, I aimed to cast fewer spells, with more throughput. Your missing spirit plus large amounts of haste will just be eating that bar as you have laid out. I have roughly 32% mastery I believe atm (at work so can't check) and I find healing normal DS to be fine. Especially when I am meleeing where ever possible as other posters have outlined.

I appreciate the actual input here, really, but there is no damned way I am spending the gold to regem or reforge at the end of an expansion while I am attempting to sell off all remaining stock on all 10 of my 85's to have more gold leading into another expansion. That is just crazy talk. Especially not when my main spec is tank. I go the wrong way with my gold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ok, this is not going to be a laundry list of complaints, but I am going to say that before this patch hit, I was capable with the gear I had to AoE heal at least decently, and not run out of mana. Mana regen is sad. I find using light heals with the exact same gear to be excessively draining, insofar as my spine trinket is almost not worth even using. Even judging constantly it doesn't matter.

Why are you judging at all? It no longer gives any mana back.

I loved healing, but this nonsense continues, I won't do it anymore. This is the danger of making us less than we were. I know, some of the kool aid drinkers will not agree with the idea that we are weaker than we were, but the same people should consider this. Buffs we had are gone, totems and auras, gone. certain abilities, either gone or no longer useful, and likely to be stripped out in the next expansion because no one uses them anymore, all these things make us lesser beings. "Oh, but when we hit level 90, we will be stronger..." Pul-lease. You actually believe we would be stronger because the numbers at 90 are greater? Imagine if none of our abilities were stripped out, and none of our buffs were removed or nerfed. You still feel the same way?

We aren't weaker and yes a few auras were removed....but some (Crusader) were baked into all specs. We now have a beacon and seals that don't need to be refreshed, a new HoT, our AoE heals now heal the beacon target, etc, etc. We are absolutely NOT weaker. They just took out some superfluous stuff and streamlined it a bit.

I'm really not understanding what you are complaining about. You seem to actually be a bit confused as to what was actually done.

Since int no longer increases your mana pool (its now static) you may want to regem for spirit if you plan to do much before MoP hits. If not...then just wait it out but all that Int is good but its not as good as it used to be. Spirit will help you a lot.

Man, I don't know... I feel at our prime, end BC and WotLK was us at our best, spamming FoL was working fine, albeit boring. Paladins I mean.

Also, the static mana thing is a pain in the !@#.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
the mana regen nerfs did kinda hurt. i dunno why they thought removing the judgement mana regen buff was a good idea...

also, why the heck did they remove instant flash of light procs? i LIKED that talent...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the mana regen nerfs did kinda hurt. i dunno why they thought removing the judgement mana regen buff was a good idea...

also, why the heck did they remove instant flash of light procs? i LIKED that talent...

because blizzard likes fixing things that aren't broke....
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
09/10/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Rïdley
I appreciate the actual input here, really, but there is no damned way I am spending the gold to regem or reforge at the end of an expansion while I am attempting to sell off all remaining stock on all 10 of my 85's to have more gold leading into another expansion. That is just crazy talk. Especially not when my main spec is tank. I go the wrong way with my gold.

Thats your choice, but you are gimping yourself for this short time unless you do. Note I made the same decision and I still have the mats for heartsong in my bags in case i really need it.

But I made that choice realizing my mana regen will be sub par for the next 3 or so weeks but you don't seem too.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
I think your all missing the point, since as a holly pally stacking up against r/shamans and druids with full mana bars and priest who can regen amazingly fast pallies no longer have the ability to regen mana other than stand there and wait, you said dont spam heals and heal only when ness....lol what a joke, and if your healing h ds then you obviously are running with priests and r/shamans, and letting them out heal you , its a matter of pride that a pally could regen mana other than the stand around wait routine, now we go back to tank heals ? thanks blizz another freakin mess.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
With regard to the 8 second cleanse / dispell cd.. it might be worth noting that they tweaked a bunch of encounters where this would be a problem. eg: the trash in FL before Rhyolith that used to spam "Silence" debuffs roughly 1 per second. It seems like they changed it to 1 per 10 seconds.

I'm not saying they caught everything, but it does appear that they did recognize that some of their encounter designs did assume spammable dispell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]