14 Days to go

90 Human Warlock
Unless you've been under a rock for the past year, you should know that the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" is coming out quite soon. Now I've been hearing a lot of praise about the new features, but at the same time, a lot of QQ. Trade chat definitely isn't the right place to discuss, so I figured responses would be more well thought out if I came here. I'd like to know Muradin's honest opinion on the upcoming changes. Pros, Cons, and reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I personally am not much of a fan of the automatic Cross-realm feature in low-pop zones. Rare/world boss competition shouldn't be effected much since those will be heavily camped in the first place, but I can see a pretty significant problem with gathering professions. We will probably have much less mats on the AH than we do now due to losing the nodes to higher population realms. I guess it's a matter of seeing it play out, but I don't like it.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Priest
There's still plenty of bugs for Blizzard to fix related to the cross realm zones, so I'll reserve judgement until it happens. If it happens... I do like that you can do quests in the world with your Real ID and Battletag friends now, even if they play on a different server.

I hear a lot of complaining about the new talent system. I think people are simply confused as to what talents are 'best' without realizing that for the most part, it's whichever talents suit their playstyle the best.

Also, Glyph of the Demon Hunter is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The Talent Tree changes fixed a stagnant era of picking the specific talents. Most of the talents were not used in the first place, it seems more like they were there to confuse more than help people. With the new system it lets you choose actual useful talents and put them to use.

I myself quite enjoy the talents, i can switch from PvP to PvE in a matter of seconds without having to use up my Dual Spec, just a few Dust of Disappearance and bam done.

This new Tree also allows newer players in the game to be able to understand and raise their skill level higher than what it was with the complex talent system. If people want to QQ about bad players getting a helping hand then they are against the populace. Isn't making everyone better instead of a select group better the whole idea? And in the end good players will always excel, it still does take skill to get world/server first Raid kills etc.

Cross-Realm will get its bugs fixed so i will reserve any comment on the leveling side. For dueling though, it brings in a whole new venue of players from other realms to test our strength against. IMO having new challenges is what getting better is all about, I'm always up for a new challenge.
Edited by Dove on 9/10/2012 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I like the new talents too. People QQ because it's "too easy to choose", but I don't think there was much choice to begin with. I like that each talent has more utility over the other depending on the situation, which is what talents should be like. The fact that we can change them on the go without hearthing to SW/Org/Dal and asking for a summon back is extremely convenient as well.
Reply Quote
You're a Gnome now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The new talents are amazing.

I love being able to "re-spec" for each fight.

I think the new talents give in fact more options than before.

With the old system, you had ONE spec for all the fights, now I can have a dif spec for each boss. I'm able to spec myself to be the best i can be for that particular fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]