Lets all be Priests.

85 Tauren Paladin
Ok so we have some new changes to the game. Talent changes, new Glyphs and very soon a whole new addon to play. To be quite honest i'm pretty excited about it.

What I'm not excited about is how Blizzard have set some of the classes so far above the rest it will be next to impossible to counteract them. First we had Paladin's doing massive amounts of dammage in holy spec using there Word of Glory and Holy Shock spells. Tre first real buff I've seen a palladin get in the 2 1/2 years I've been playing. Blizzard in its infinite wisdom decided to take it off us last Tuesday.

So fair enough say's I, and continues to play my game. Then I notice while playing a toon I'm currently leveling that Priests are doing 12k pennance hits at level 70 in Bg's. Whats with you Blizzard you are creating a situation where healing specs have a massive dps while being able to heal parties as well. Sort of defeats the point of having Tank/Heals/Dps spec's doesn't it. All we need to do now is get 10 priests together and we can take over Azeroth.

So lets all just turn in our toons and roll priests, because if Blizzard doesn't do something soon, there will be no point playing anything else.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
This just in, low level PvP is broken ALL the time. We've simply switched from Mages/Rogues gibbing people to Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Can we all put 12 ascii characters in our toon names as well?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/10/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Shädówdäémón
Tre first real buff I've seen a palladin get in the 2 1/2 years I've been playing. Blizzard in its infinite wisdom decided to take it off us last Tuesday.

Quite sure paladins beating pure dps classes in dmg while healing isn't working as intended. http://i.imgur.com/AJ4Fo.jpg Here's Kaygo doing the more damage than 80% of the BG while topping healing, if you combine dmg and healing he's nipping at my heels and beating everyone else by millions. Seems legit?

Then I notice while playing a toon I'm currently leveling that Priests are doing 12k pennance hits at level 70 in Bg's

Lower brackets will never be balanced in the slightest, healers have been capable of that in the 70 bracket for years if you just swapped some gear around.

Furthermore this is a pre-xpac patch which is implemented to bring us into MoP and is scaled for 90 players, what were you expecting?
Edited by Mintii on 9/10/2012 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Addendum.
Forgot to add this at the end,

Ever notice that anytime someone says that there may " Be something wrong with the game " how the insults just seem to just roll in. I believe it actually to take ppl's focus away from from whats been said in the first place.

Pretty easy now to work the win or loss of a lvl 70 battle ground, JUST COUNT THE PRIESTS, IF THEY GOT MORE THAN YOU, YOU LOSE.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
how the insults just seem to just roll in.

What insults?

Oh right, you saw evidence that proved your point moot and took it as a personal attack.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I hope they nerf paladins to the extent where 80% of the people stop playing them. Might be able to rebuild a decent community again like days of old.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Priest
Addendum.
Forgot to add this at the end,

Ever notice that anytime someone says that there may " Be something wrong with the game " how the insults just seem to just roll in. I believe it actually to take ppl's focus away from from whats been said in the first place.

Pretty easy now to work the win or loss of a lvl 70 battle ground, JUST COUNT THE PRIESTS, IF THEY GOT MORE THAN YOU, YOU LOSE.

who cares about level 70 battle ground.. do a few quests get to 85 and do their battlegrounds
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Quite sure paladins beating pure dps classes in dmg while healing isn't working as intended. http://i.imgur.com/AJ4Fo.jpg Here's Kaygo doing the more damage than 80% of the BG while topping healing, if you combine dmg and healing he's nipping at my heels and beating everyone else by millions. Seems legit?

This. Shockadins were at a point where they did far too much damage that being on an instant cast, short CD spell (see: Pretty much impossible to stop) and lost far too little survivability (see: Still immortal).

While I think Penance is too strong in the DPS part, it's nowhere on the level of cheesiness as a Shockadin at higher levels.
Reply Quote
The game isn't meant to be balanced around lower levels, there is always going to be a class that can gib the others that's just how it goes. Priest is FoTM at the moment and their healing and dps is based upon them at Level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So lets all just turn in our toons and roll priests, because if Blizzard doesn't do something soon, there will be no point playing anything else.

There will always be a point to playing another class.

Currently, the classes are scaled in preparation for level ninety, and that means that all classes are much more powerful than before. Keep in mind that this occurs every expansion, and evens out for the expansion itself.

In addition, you really cannot hope to compare what class is more 'OP' than another in a low level battleground. Specific classes will hold dominance in those brackets, and Priests have been one of them for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Welcome to low level pvp, it hasn't ever been balanced. Fortunately nobody is forcing you to pvp, so if you don't like it don't do it; almost sounds too simple right?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well it's obvious Kaygo has been nerfed. He went oom according to that SS. Banjokazooie also had valuable information for the battleground.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Even as a Level 85 (I have 6) i see that priests still out balance this game. So I suppose then then the only point now is to is to maybe play SWTOR. (I was a damn good pvp'er) but even I can't fight nuclear weapon's.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
By the way Blizzard will still take your money, because that what it does... Doesn't give a panda's butt that some of us have beeen playing this game for ages. So I stand by what I originally said. "Lets all be Priests" Doesn't matter that whether your a lvl 70 or 85 a priest is now a nuclear weapon. So there's no real point of rolling anything else...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/11/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Shädówdäémón
Even as a Level 85

09/11/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Belle
Currently, the classes are scaled in preparation for level ninety

Did you even read Belle's post?
09/11/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Shädówdäémón
By the way Blizzard will still take your money, because that what it does
Quit if you don't enjoy the game, it's simple. Why would you pay for something you don't like.
Edited by Crab on 9/11/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Shädówdäémón
By the way Blizzard will still take your money, because that what it does... Doesn't give a panda's butt that some of us have beeen playing this game for ages. So I stand by what I originally said. "Lets all be Priests" Doesn't matter that whether your a lvl 70 or 85 a priest is now a nuclear weapon. So there's no real point of rolling anything else...

Disc is very weak at Level 90 and Holy is middle of the pack.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
One
I've read reports to the contrary. Disc is apparently quite good at 90.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Disc and holy are pretty much = to each other at 90 from what i have seen on beta now although Hpallies and Rdruids are still alot stronger.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Imho, the game should be balanced around level 1 duels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]