WoW Launcher Not Working AGAIN!!

90 Goblin Mage
when trying to play WoW the launcher doesnt want to work. A pop-up appears saying "Checking For Updates" and will continue to show this for about 2minutes. Once its done it tells me "Failed to run a required program (Agent). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesnt work please restart your computer and try again." i have tried this multiple times and cannot get it to work. when it happened the first time I had to COMPLETELY uninstall the whole game and re-download ALL 20GB. After doing so it worked for a couple of days but now this is happening once again. I am curious to know if there is a different way to fix this problem besides un-installing and re-installing the game. It also gives me an error code " Error code: BLZPTS00007 ". Ive tried everything i can possibly think of and REALLY do not want to uninstall just to reinstall. also not sure if this is happening because of the weekly tuesday update. any help would be great. thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Have you tried running as administrator?

How about running a repair?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Are you playing on a mac?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Firewall?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/11/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Misty
Firewall?

wrong^

Have you tried running as administrator?

How about running a repair?

Wrong ^

I know how to fix this, but answer the damn question. Are you using a Mac, and if so are you on OSX mountain lion 10.8.1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Restarting your computer fixes all. Pro tip from yours truly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
been having same issues.. i have to run WoW straight out of WoW folder and not use the laucher.. may even need to delete the launcher file to play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ive been having the same issues forever now, but every time i open WoW by passing the crappy launcher its not working anymore. Still making me check for updates which brings me to the error. ( Failed to run a required program (Agent). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesnt work please restart your computer and try again.) Which ive done countless times, i've uninstalled my firewalls, ive ran as administrator, ive changed every internet option of all my browsers. My next step was to try the repair tool- but that is missing too, ive done a full PC search for it and it don't have it. I installed it from the web but it doesnt let me connect so i can't repair anything. Any solutions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/11/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Thriftworks
Ive been having the same issues forever now, but every time i open WoW by passing the crappy launcher its not working anymore. Still making me check for updates which brings me to the error. ( Failed to run a required program (Agent). Wait one minute and try again and if that doesnt work please restart your computer and try again.) Which ive done countless times, i've uninstalled my firewalls, ive ran as administrator, ive changed every internet option of all my browsers. My next step was to try the repair tool- but that is missing too, ive done a full PC search for it and it don't have it. I installed it from the web but it doesnt let me connect so i can't repair anything. Any solutions?

Same......On EVERYTHING
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
******FIXED**********
I just got off the phone with tech support.
If you were having the same problems as I posted above^ then here is how to fix it for
Windows 7
( I'm sure you can figure it out with other versions)
Start>Control Panel>(If you have the 4 columns click on)Folder Options>View> Select Show hidden files, folders and drives > OK.
Next...
Start>Computer>Local Disk (C:)>ProgramData>*Battle.net* <<<<< This is the folder you need to *DELETE*
If you can't delete it because its technically still running then CTRL+ALT+Delete > Task Manager>Processes>*Agent.exe* click that and > End Process.
If that doesn't work or you can't find it, restart your computer and don't click anything WoW related until you have successfully deleted Battle.net folder located in your hidden ProgramData.
I hope this works guys good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
******FIXED**********
If you were having the same problems as I posted above^ then here is how to fix it for
Windows 7
Start>Control Panel>(If you have the 4 columns click on)Folder Options>View> Select Show hidden files, folders and drives > OK.
Next...
Start>Computer>Local Disk (C:)>ProgramData>*Battle.net* <<<<< This is the folder you need to *DELETE*
If you can't delete it because its technically still running then CTRL+ALT+Delete > Task Manager>Processes>*Agent.exe* click that and > End Process.
If that doesn't work or you can't find it, restart your computer and don't click anything WoW related until you have successfully deleted Battle.net folder located in your hidden ProgramData.

Doing this fixed everything! Hurray
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

******FIXED**********
Windows 7
Next...

Thx Thriftworks! Worked like a charm!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thriftworks's tip worked... but only solved one problem for me.
Now it immediately pops up with "Blizzard Downloader/Installer is not responding" and immediately closes down the Launcher. Same happens when I skip the launcher and open the client directly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
fixed mine, tyvm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Worked for me as well. Windows 7, 64 bit. I did need to delete the folder in pieces (it has some levels to it). Attempts to delete the top level folder didn't seem to work until the second-level folder contents were removed.

Thank you very much Thriftworks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
thankyou very much!
Reply Quote
3 Human Warrior
I have a problem with launcher.When i try to open it it says me internal error...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
GREETING FROM TICHONDRIUS!

here's how I fixed mine (on windows 7):

Start> Right click "My Computer" > Click "Manage"
This will bring up "Computer Management"
On the left pane on the very bottom there will be "Services and Applications"
Click that, then click "Services"
The pane on the right will refresh with all the services and applications.
Scroll down until you find "Secondary Logon"
Right click that, select Properties
Set "Startup Type:" to "Automatic (Delayed Start)
Set "Service Status:" to Start.
Hit Ok.

this way also wont delete any saved data you have on your toons.
Edited by Randomnoobs on 12/10/2012 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
This is still working, as it just fixed mine and were on next patch since this post :) TYVM for sharing the fix
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]