Can you get Vial of the Sands without Alchemy

90 Worgen Warlock
Hi my question is:

Can you get vial of the sands recipe which is in Canopic Jar while digging for Archaelogy, without being Alchemy as a profession?

So only with Archaelogy profession activated, can you still get the vial of the sands recipe without Alchemy profession?

Because I have multiple characters with various professions, 2 characters that I already do with Archeology are not doing Alchemy...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
As far as I am aware, you can discover the recipe only if you are an Alchemist. I saw my recipe on the first jar after I changed professions, though I doubt that is normal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
That sucks...can anyone else confirm this..? Or nobody knows officially but coincidentally only people with Alchemy professions activated got the recipe while digging?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So now my next question rises if it's officially confirmed for people who has both Alchemy and Archaeology are eligible to get the recipe: Does the alchemy skill number matter or as long as it's activated (even if it's level 1) would be eligible to get the recipe digging?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I have heard plenty of people complain on the forums after getting the reciepe, but not being able to craft it unless they reroll their professions because it is BoP.
Reply Quote
Hi my question is:

Can you get vial of the sands recipe which is in Canopic Jar while digging for Archaelogy, without being Alchemy as a profession?

So only with Archaelogy profession activated, can you still get the vial of the sands recipe without Alchemy profession?

Because I have multiple characters with various professions, 2 characters that I already do with Archeology are not doing Alchemy...

Recipe is BOP... it only comes from a canopic jar which comes from Tol'vir fragments in Uldum...
Edited by Thräm on 9/7/2012 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
If it could at least be boa...
Reply Quote
would be nice... but I highly doubt they are gonna do that at this late stage... but you never know... but given they've returned Arch > 500 to a exercise in wanting to dig out your eyes with a rusty spork who knows...
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
I had to reroll my profession. Took just a few hours to drop BS and max out Alchemy. Herb farming if you have a gathering add-on is a joke. Then just look up a speed leveling guide for the profession.

Keep in mind this toon is my Alch/Herb. My Shaman was my capped Archeologist. So now he is also a capped LW and Alchemist that depends on my other toons or the AH for matts.

No big deal I have been playing for about 8 years. I got the gold. ;-)

Still would I have rather seen the pattern drop be BoA? Yes! I just don't think the fact that it isn't is that big of a deal. Get over it because it isn't a hard fix.
Reply Quote
7 Human Hunter
The recipe is BOP, so even if you could get it on a character without alchemy, you could not use it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/12/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Linnyia
The recipe is BOP, so even if you could get it on a character without alchemy, you could not use it.

Unless you dropped one of your existing professions on that character and leveled alchemy, which you can do. Though it would be nicer if it was BoA.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
I asked this same question before I spent 30k gold on the recipe and I tried to use it but it would not let me so I re rolled my profession to alchemy and had to level it but its not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Nope.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I know this is a necro but... I apprently cannot learn it even with Alchemy. I hate canopic jars with a passion. Yes, I'm lamenting my luck. I know if I ever open the right jar and find it, I can learn it. I'm just feeling the pain a bit since I've been working on archeology again.

(I got Zin'Rokh as my seventh rare. I play casters.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If I buy vial of the sands, and I don't have alchemy can I still use it?
Reply Quote
97 Undead Mage
If I buy vial of the sands, and I don't have alchemy can I still use it?

Yes
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
alcemist need more drop rates for vial
Reply Quote
97 Undead Mage
People need to stop complaining they want stuff given to them
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm all but certain that you can't see the recipe without having alchemy - much like many of the WotLK+ recipe drops that are only visible to those in the profession.
That said, if you've farmed up a bunch of the containers and haven't opened them, if you switch to alchemy they're still able to drop the recipe.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Would be nice if the effin thing would actually drop for my alchemist. I think I've gotten at least 20 Canopic Jars....nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]