Can't accept BG Que while on a flight path.

90 Human Death Knight
I get why Blizz took HGWT out of the game. They think it's going to get people out in the world, though I'm personally just going to AFK or alt+tab most of the time.

Well when I was doing some bgs today I decided to travel to Bootybay between ques using a flight path since they're supposed to be faster now. When the BG que popped I could not accept the que. It just counted down to zero. I should be able to accept ques for BGs or dungeons while on a flight path.

While I'm on the topic of queing. I don't see why I can't switch to an alt for a second between ques and not being kicked from the que. You can do that for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The flight path block of entering BGs definitely needs to be fixed. Maybe they didn't like people using flight paths to remove the PVP flag, but blocking entry to a BG you've been waiting 15 minutes for is just not right. And I'm not going to sit around someplace with nothing to do while waiting for a queue to pop.

Change flight paths to not remove the PVP flag if that was Blizz's issue, but don't make BGs something not worth playing because of long waits with nothing to do.
Reply Quote
Finally, someone else said it. Couldn't agree more! (I wasn't aware you could get rid of a deserter flag by using a flight path.)

This is a serious miscalculation on Blizzard's part in my personal opinion. I think they underestimated how many people travel and do other things while waiting for a que to pop.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I have to agree whole heatedly. I had a similar situation. I decided to do a little farming on a sub 60 level toon while waiting on the bg to pop. I didn't know about the new "no enter bg while on the flyer".

That isn't right Blizz. I didn't know that using a flight path would get rid of the deserter flag. Had never heard that before. It would be fine if they fixed that. But being forced to sit and do nothing for 15, 20, or more minutes is just plain wrong.

It's bad enough that even if you are questing and join a bg Q, you usually level before the bg pops, you are dumped out of the Q then anyway. But I learned to accept that. If I really just wanted to do a bg or 2 for fun, I could jump on a flyer and farm mats until it popped. Now I can't even do that. Because if it should pop sooner than expected, I still can't join.

I would suggest to Blizz either get the Q times down for bgs, give me the ability to fly myself at a much lower level, or allow me to enter the bg while in flight again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just to correct a misconception from my earlier post, flights from flight paths don't remove the deserter flag they remove the PVP flag. This allows people playing on a PVE server to not be subject to open world PVP when they land.

But I would rather take my chances on open world PVP then only be allowed to queue for BGs when I'm willing to stand in one place doing nothing but waiting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's been sooooooo long since I was on a flight path, I had no idea that this change had been made.

It is a descion that confuses the heck out of me. What possible problems could this solve?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I agree that this is just silly, the same things you guys are talking about has also happened to me. in MOP they are apparently trying to increase world pvp, but with bg ques not working on flight paths it just makes it even more likely for pvpers to just sit in towns waiting for ques instead of being out in the world
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I just found this out the hard way today. Also, not only can you not enter a BG when in flight, but you can't queue for one either.

This needs to change.

While I am here, I will also say there should be a separator between Toggle Scoreboard and Leave Battlegroup in the drop down menu.
Edited by Lyssia on 9/13/2012 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
42 Human Warlock
This is a L2P issue. Just keybind it.
Reply Quote
09/08/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Idaelus
It's been sooooooo long since I was on a flight path, I had no idea that this change had been made.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You also can't join the BG queue while on a flight path. it's very annoying. This isn't a good "feature".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/08/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Jasi
Just to correct a misconception from my earlier post, flights from flight paths don't remove the deserter flag they remove the PVP flag. This allows people playing on a PVE server to not be subject to open world PVP when they land.

Truthfully, PvE server players should never be flagged when they come out ouf a battleground, unless they flagged themselves before going in. They roll PvE for a reason, if they want to PvP that's when they go to BGs/Arena. I don't know of any PvE players who think being flagged for 5 minutes forcefully on their own server is right.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
09/14/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Maggoteye
this patch wasnt buggy to the extreme
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin
There was a bug in the game previously, where if you entered a battleground over unexplored territory, while on a flight path, it would for a moment dismount you and you would free fall for about a second. During this time a player would discover the terrain that they were flying over.

Probably not something they were intending to fix when this new issue came through with the patch. Still, I found it interesting and I'm bored enough to share. I would like my ability to enter BGs, while taking a FP, back please.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Add me to the "Me Too" Brigade. Was doing Battlegrounds with a friend and could not queue for one because I decided to take a flight path.

Tried a reload, and my battleground icon by the map was simply gone.
Reply Quote
32 Human Hunter
ya, it's pretty bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]