The Mystery of the Puzzle Box

100 Blood Elf Mage
I have had the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron for quite a few months now. But have any of you actually solved it? Is it solvable at all? Or is Blizzard laughing at the players who frantically click their box of insanity every one minute, desperately attempting to decipher every word that is whispered to them from the crazy Old God. I've devoted some time myself into this matter. Writing all the whispers down and interpreting it, reading some of the lore around Old Gods, killing myself a lot because I'm a good little peon and Blizzard I mean the box told me to. I love the mystery itself and would love far more to actually make some progress into it, but that's just it. The item begins you on a journey with no starting point, yet with every click of the maniacal cube the player is given the insatiable desire to take the first step. I opened a ticket and asked a representative if there was indeed a goal to work towards. I received the usual copy-paste, uncaring, programmed response that is "Blizzard support does not provide game hints. Perhaps you can find your answer in one of our official fansites." First off, perhaps if I opened a ticket then I already searched your fansites only to find other players wondering exactly the same thing I am. Can the box be opened? Secondly, I did not ask for a hint or a cheat or a nudge in the right direction. I don't want you holding my hand Blizzard, but neither do I want you spitting in my face. I did not ask to know the method to your madness. Simply, that there is indeed madness for me to learn the method of. Is there a journey to be had here or is this simply a vanity item that's only purpose is an interesting conversation in guild chat? Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Paragraphing is your friend.

No, it can't be solved, and considering what happened with that Lament Configuration thing, you probably don't want to solve it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You could open it, but it would tear your soul apart.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I opened it once and an evil creature was set loose to drive everyone mad. It just kept yelling "Go'el" over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tear down this wall! Of text!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't think you understand the concept of a puzzle box made by the embodiment of lies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Gem Activated
Gem Deactivated
Gem Activated
Gem Deactivated

I'LL FIGURE THIS OUT SOMEDAY
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/07/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Adelaide
I opened it once and an evil creature was set loose to drive everyone mad. It just kept yelling "Go'el" over and over again.

I think a similar, but even more disappointing thing happened to the Elves a long time ago, they created something that at first seemed agreeable, pleasant, even. But then, more recently, it's become this useless thing that for a while now has done nothing but scream "Elune!" and "Malfurion!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/07/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Skinlesscorp
I hear the High elves, before the Scourge destroyed Quel'Thalas, used it to create an elf that does nothing, and he somehow became leader.

Indeed these objects possess a great and mysterious power.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
Focus on the action, not the objective. Madness is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it repeatedly, over and over again with the same results, and expecting differently.

In all seriousness, I don't believe that box ever does open. Just whispers sweet words of crazy in your ear when you click it. It even says right on there, you are doing it all in vain.
Edited by Lull on 9/7/2012 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warlock
09/07/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Skinlesscorp

I got an ogre headed buffoon.

I got a rock.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
09/07/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Lull
It even says right on there, you are doing it all in vain.

That's hard to accept when the box also says "Extremely difficult to open." Not impossible. :/
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
09/07/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Inazus
It even says right on there, you are doing it all in vain.

That's hard to accept when the box also says "Extremely difficult to open." Not impossible. :/

But the on use is "Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box". Implying that every time you use it, it will be in vain.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warlock
09/07/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Lull

But the on use is "Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box". Implying that every time you use it, it will be in vain.

Unless it's a very stylish box.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Inside the box is another box. And inside that box? I don't know, I never made it that far. Let's ask Mr. Owl.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/07/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Lepos

I got an ogre headed buffoon.

I got a rock.

YOU BLOCKHEAD CHARLIE BROWN!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
09/07/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Lull

Ehhh.... I don't know... I guess I'm just a skeptic ^^"

I don't like thinking there is nothing else to it than crazy whispers. Not when some of the things it says couldn't more obviously reference places like Karazhan. Or how it mentions sleep a lot which makes me think of the Emerald Nightmare along with the Whispering Forest in Tirisfal and how it has that ring of mushrooms and the seven faerie dragons that do their little ritual thing there, all closely related to Emerald yadda yadda in the same area where the Elves first landed before Quel'Thalas, but then moved because many of them started going crazy, and the theory was "something evil slept beneath blah blah".

Doesn't that stuff just seem weird? Driving people insane is something the Old Gods are pros at. And as far as I know, I don't think anyone can explain the faerie ritual or random humanoid skeletons you see in the lake or under the umbrella.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]