Realm Firsts: Who is Going for What?

Hello people of Ravencrest! I was just curious on who was planning on going for a realm first, and if so, which one? I probably won't be going for any myself, but I was just curious on whether anyone else was. If you are, please post which one in the comments, along with anything else you want to say. :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
realm first first aid
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
tl;dr
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I always try but this expansion I am taking it more seriously. I missed priest for Cata not by much :( And I went to bed!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/10/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Raziya
I went to bed!

What's that mean
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I didn't stay up the entire time like I know some people did. For WotLK one of my guildmates didn't sleep and still missed the realm first, heh, but not by much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would go for realm first druid but I have other real-life obligations that are prioritized before this game.

Therefore, I'll just have to settle for realm first r1 resto druid named Desiration.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'm going to multib-ox one of every class and get every class realm first.
Yep.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm going to multib-ox one of every class and get every class realm first.
Yep.

i belief in u
Reply Quote
Yay! I like the discussion. The more I think about it, I actually REALLY want to go for mining, but I keep resisting the urge since like Desiration, I have some real-life obligations that require sleep. However, I also thought for anyone going for realm firsts that this page is good to check out: http://www.wowpedia.org/Professions. This is helpful for those planning on leveling a profession, especially the "Bonus to profession skill" section. Btw Marchand, I'm not sure if asking this will make me sound like a total noob, but what does "tl;dr" mean? I've heard people say it but I never knew.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/10/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Harldan
Yay! I like the discussion. The more I think about it, I actually REALLY want to go for mining, but I keep resisting the urge since like Desiration, I have some real-life obligations that require sleep. However, I also thought for anyone going for realm firsts that this page is good to check out: http://www.wowpedia.org/Professions. This is helpful for those planning on leveling a profession, especially the "Bonus to profession skill" section. Btw Marchand, I'm not sure if asking this will make me sound like a total noob, but what does "tl;dr" mean? I've heard people say it but I never knew.

too long;didn't read
Reply Quote
ahhhhh kk thank you. :)
Reply Quote
96 Troll Druid
Realm last to purchase the expansion right here! :D

When WotLK came out I took vacation time. I wasn't going for firsts, but I think WoW expansions are vacation time well spent!

Having said that, the reason I'll be close to "Realm Last to Purchase MoP" is because I find the server so unstable when "big things" happen (i.e. big patches, expansions and releases like D3) that I just don't bother anymore. That is my only real QQ about Blizzard. :P

Good luck err'body! :D
Reply Quote
Actually, when I woke up at 3 in the morning to play Cata on the release day, it wasn't so bad. You have a point with patches, but that is only certain patches, such as 5.0.4, and they are usually fixed quickly. Diablo 3... I give you 100% on that... I can still remember getting home from school dying to paly this new game and getting the maintenence announcement on the news screen. The fact that I was able to play a total of... 3 hours that day along with the fact that the game was super laggy, all make me agree with that point of your post. In reality though, expansion releases aren't that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Expansion releases haven't been bad since they started doing the "change everything under the hood" stuff a month before. It typically is also the time where they completely rework some underlying LUA changes and give addon authors time to get out addons out that are stable.

They can never seem to get those major patches out in time, but I don't blame them for keeping the servers offline for 3-4 extra hours every few months just to ensure they haven't critically messed things up.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Druid
To be honest, my internet isn't super awesome, so I think that's some of my problem, because you get higher traffic in WoW and my ISP hoping I will get the expensive internets. ;) However, D3 was AWFUL. And after they fixed the problems on their end, there were a lot of players having issues with DCing, and I was one of them. (those issues where they suggested opening firewall ports or turning on general chat for temporary fixes.) It took them about two weeks to fix that, so D3 had been out for about 3 weeks before I could even play it sensibly.

I'm still DCing randomly from WoW though, and unless there is a big patch or an expansion I never have that happen. :l FFUUUUU~~~~~

I'm glad I QQ'd about that here; thanks for those posts guys. I think it really may be time to give in and upgrade my internet. lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm playing on pretty awful internet right now. 8 down, not even 1 up right now and it's pretty stable. Even with a Skype call going, maybe some good ole 128k streaming radio or Pandora depending on the day. WoW doesn't take much bandwidth to be stable. I would troubleshoot other places first unless you know it's your internet and are stuck dialing in on the 56k modem.

Edit: I lied, the stream I listen to is 128k radio. Next I'm going to break out a VCR and watch some tapes.
Edited by Modhne on 9/10/2012 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Troll Druid
I have cable internet, maybe it's my wireless. It's actually kind of fail on my computer. I think I need to investimigate further.

I still have an 8-track player in the house and some funky 70s 8-track cassettes if you grow tired of your VHS. ;D Eff being old enough to remember 8-tracks. Those things were beastly. My cousin shoved a cheese sammich in it and it still worked.

/casts Retroify Forum Thread
/warps forums back to a time when people didn't get pissed over derails
/it's 2008
/people are now upset with my lack of hit rating because I'm in PvP gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You should definitely investigate if a wired solution works better. Running ethernet cables all around the house isn't appealing to many, but I hate wireless gaming.

My parents spilled candle wax in the VCR player we had when I was a child and the thing still works.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
scumbag modhne
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]