<Play> Recruiting Holy Paladin

90 Orc Death Knight
11/08/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Coffins
here for the boobs where they at

Was looking for ya the other day, didin't know if Stud said anything. Have to catch up with ya soon! I'll bring pic's dont worry.

'free bump for a Great Guild! Rise!'
Edited by Fancybrekfst on 11/9/2012 6:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hey Rham, you back playing again, rocking the pvp scene? How have you been?
Edited by Fancybrekfst on 11/11/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
Single player mode sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I guess Hellscream's elite raiding guild is done raiding on Hellcsream.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/21/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Atheotes

Wait, what? We're still raiding........*confused*
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
What server did you all join?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/23/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Yokozuuna

I'm sorry, who are you?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/23/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Fearnot

I'm sorry, who are you?

Good luck you guys! I can totally understand leaving. It was the best move I made to inject fun in this game for myself. Was hard to leave HS due to the time spent, but its pretty much a dead server as far as end game raiding goes. It felt like Survivor there. Outlast other guilds and profit > competition.

Say hi to Bear & Zax for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
11/23/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Yokozuuna

I was commenting on how Play always (for what...1.5 expansions?) advertised themselves as the "premiere, elite raiding group" of Hellscream. SnM has been top (barely, 20 ranks higher than Play, and without any real 25m competition) since 5.0, don't get cocky. And btw, world 1970 where you are now is worse than wordl 1717 where you finished last tier, so I really don't think you have any room to talk.
Edited by Atheotes on 11/24/2012 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
WoWProgress says everyone left...sad day.

sigh. now all we have to compete with is S&M and AJ...where did all the good people go?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
^lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hi Toddless and @fancy leaving hellscream was easyyyyy lol, regardless I've been gone for a year and half after 2 years in play can't say I miss the underperforming of players in raids and countless mistakes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Underwhelmed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
xfer + horde...and frostmane? ewww have fun with that.

I just think the recruiting pool for 25 man competitive raids has shrunk tremendously over the past year or so - more so on this server than some of the other servers I've...peaked around on. Kinda sad when the majority of players are 10 man guilds and a horde guild of all things is beating all of them from the alliance side (now that play is gone). I don't see the 25 mans leaving any time soon, I just wish people had more time to raid the 3-4 days a week and take the time to put into their class/player.

/end rant

Good luck Play. Maybe we'll pick up some of the pieces you left behind. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll miss Play, if for no other reason than the fact that we had a pretty good relationship between our guilds before they left. But one guy in particular I'll miss the most, yeah you know who you are big guy! :(

As for the 25 vs. 10 arguments: Logistics & difficulty differences aside, I like 25 more just for the fact that you have a lot more people to interact and socialize (what?!?!) with on a given night. And while my contribution may only be some well-timed (or not) old-timer zingers, it's still enjoyable to listen to the banter each raid night. And yes that exists in 10s but you just get more variety with 25s.

That's...that's all I have to say about that.
Edited by Monkolyth on 11/27/2012 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hi Fancy! <3

11/24/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Atheotes

I was commenting on how Play always (for what...1.5 expansions?) advertised themselves as the "premiere, elite raiding group" of Hellscream.

I'm not sure when I've advertised us as the "premiere, elite raiding group of Hellscream" other than being facetious because I've always considered us a mediocre-tier guild in terms of US and World ranks other than the beginning of Dragonsoul where we were lucky enough to land top 20ish US 10m kills. We've never been as good as I wanted us to be, or as good as our members wanted us to be, or even as good as non-members thought that WE thought that we were, if that makes sense. I've always had really high expectations and even when we met those expectations we'd just aim for higher goals, because, is that not what a progression raiding guild is supposed to do?

Unfortunately for us and the rest of the server, Hellscream's height has come and gone. I was only here for the tail-end of WotLK but it feels like the competition and the population was almost double what it had been for this particular tier, and it was a driving force behind our decision to quit. Hellscream is not an attractive server, and it makes it even harder to draw in a talent pool for a 10m guild because of reasons Monolyth mentioned. 25m has more activity, it has more draw for the social gamer. We were largely a 10m that would log on, raid, and log off, and when you don't have the extra interaction among the server it makes recruiting for a 10m difficult.

Apollo, I'm fairly certain I've told you this before but I have a bad memory so maybe not, but I have a lot of respect for you. I understand what you're going through and I know all the hard work that you and your officers and raiders put into things. I'm very excited for the progression that you and Spite and Malice are earning, and I wish you the best of luck with raiding and everything else you decide to work towards in the future.

Thanks to Hellscream for providing me a home for so long. Thank you to all of my raiders, past and present, who have helped to make our run a successful one. Thanks to all of the other guilds on the server and any of the friends I may have made during the course of my time here. You were all a pleasure to play with.

My guild has already heard my speech, and to be honest I wanted to burst into tears when I gave it because that is how important these people are to me, and our successes are to me, and all of our work is to me. The people that I've played with have changed my life. Really, it's changed who I am. I think, I hope, for the better. I don't regret a single second I've spent on this server, in that guild, with the people that I had the pleasure of playing with. So many different people who can all come together and enjoy something together despite our vast differences; it's really a great thing. So many people I've met don't understand how I could play "a stupid video game" for hours on end without thinking twice. It's really not the video game; it's the people.

Anyone on Hellscream who'd like to keep in touch, feel free to add me. Jumpingbear#1957 cy@
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As far as the 10 vs. 25 man debate goes, now that I'm raiding both I'll be able to make a more informed opinion about it rather than stabbing blindly at points. So far (and I've only done 2 weeks of 25, mind you) I feel like 10 was a little more challenging for completely different reasons which really makes the whole thing irrelevant. 25m is much harder to recruit for and coordinate, especially at the level that Play and Spite and Malice were/are at; people are constantly searching for "better" guilds to jump to and unfortunately, mid-tier guilds are consistently used as a stepping stone to get to top 50s. Whether or not every guild felt this is unknown to me, but we certainly felt it during our days as 25.

I feel like 10m is a lot tighter in terms of personal responsibility; during Stone Guards I haven't had to run a single tile in 25m, whereas in 10m I would have to run 2-3 sets of them with a healer attached to my hip. During 25m Feng I can swipe to my heart's content; in 10m I actually have to put down Ursol's Vortex and Typhoon things. I has to sacrifice my DPS for utility with regard to Symbiosis. I never have to in 25m because there are enough other classes that can do the job I had to do in 10m better than me. I never have to Tranq, I never have to Bubble-soak or Disperse-soak, I never have to off-tank and pray to !@#$ I don't get crit while the Tanks have their hands full. In 25m I can just... be a DPS. So, thus far, in my personal experience, 10m has been more difficult. 25m I can relax and swipe things. (Granted, I'm also not a GM anymore so I don't have to deal with any of that BS either.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I thought we were pretty good in Tier 11 as a 25man. :I

Pretty weak "we" as I don't think I actually did progression lolo
Edited by Saltychips on 11/28/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]