Oceanic Realm merged with American..

90 Night Elf Druid
Who else thinks Gundrak (Oceanic) being merged with 6 (so far that I've counted) American servers is a bad idea?

Too many merged and with the wrong one.. Oceanic with Oceanic would be better.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The very creation of Gundrak has been a bad idea from the start. Seriously if Blizzard actually cared, they would've merged us with another low pop OCEANIC realm, not american in WoTlk. Blizzard's doing all of these radical changes, because of the declining players, and fear of GW2.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
09/08/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Multiblade
All Blizzard care about is money now, it's pretty simple.

Yup. It's been that way since it was brought out, oh wells
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
fear of GW2? i hope you are trolling, there wont be another MMO to "kill" wow until blizzard make a new one rofl. how did SWOTR go? its !@#$ . the game is far to polished for it to die no matter what they do people will still play it and buy it.

OT: i am not a fan of it tbh, other night i try doing Darkmoon faire @ 3pm, 4 people from suit up come 2 of them r1 glads and take chest, was gay.

/endofrant
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Didn't say it would kill wow you spastic, but seeing how well GW2 is doing(apparently) it's started to obviously affect Blizzard, especially with the decline of players. This is notable with all the Scroll of Res, discounts, free mobile !@#$ etc happening. SWTOR was doomed to fail from the begining, however GW2 seems promising, besides being clunky, full of reddit autistic kids and so on. Wow will probally never die who knows, but depending on how MoP goes, the decline of players may be even bigger.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well if the lagg continues then GW2 which has Australian based servers and less lagg is a serious possibility. Am getting sick of standing there for a minute waiting to shape shift. The reason we got Australian servers was lagg and a deputation from Australia physically turning up at Blizz HQ. If the response from Blizzz is to ignore us then frankly yea it is a serious issue.
Edited by Awakenimg on 9/9/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
GW2 doesn't have Australian based servers, in fact, I'm fairly sure they don't even have US-West servers.

Last time I checked most of their servers were in Dallas, TX.

(http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9184)
Edited by Arilia on 9/9/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Are they ever going to expand the AH?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/08/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Multiblade
Yeah maybe so, but at least some of wrath was good. For me at least. Now every patch/update that is released just screams out $$$ to me.

I agree with ya Multi. I was reading something about 'dailies' in mop where someone had asked a question ending with 'it seems like one big grindfest to keep the subs rolling in', to which I sighed. SC2 didn't bring anything really new, cataclysm in my eyes was really half a$$ed compared to other expacs and diablo 3 seemed like one big cash grab.

09/08/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Shiftycênt
fear of GW2? i hope you are trolling, there wont be another MMO to "kill" wow until blizzard make a new one rofl.

I don't think anything will kill wow except time and even then..... GW2 has a very different flavour to WoW, I wouldn't even compare them. It's a great game and the pvp options are new and really interesting. I've had plenty of fun but, I still log onto wow and haven't cancelled my sub yet
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
They need to tweak this cross realm stuff. I know it's early days and there are bugs to iron out, but it is a little frustrating. Here are a few issues I noticed :-

1. Darkmoon Faire - Gundrak time had DMF closed, but when I went to Elwynn, it was still there. So I went to try and port to DMF, and it brings me back to Elwynn. So it's closed, but becuase the server time was different, the teleporter was still there.

2. I've already mentioned the fishing competitions being stuffed in Northrend on another post.

3. And like Awake said, I too am starting to notice some lag in the cross realm zones. I thought it was just when you enter and exit the zone, but now I am noticing some slight lag issues.

I hope it all gets fixed soon. I do like the idea, to see more people buzzing around, but they need to resolve some issues to make it smoother.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Like most things they change - you get used to it. Initially it was extremely annoying to get used to. Why fix what isn't broken?

One thing I would recommend is that realm time be the same no matter what realm you cross into. That way for example: Darkmoon Faire issues will no longer exist, smaller issues will be resolved too eg: WG. Helpfull to know whats happening map wide not just zone/realm wide.

I don't like a few glitch issues but like LK - has to be ironed out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have a feeling the time zone difference has been resolved. Logged on quickly this morning, and noticed in the areas in Northrend time zone was back to Gundrak time. Haven't checked out Elwynn though. Hopefully it is sorted also.

Must have had some tweaks with the 5.0.5 patch today.
Reply Quote
6 Tauren Paladin
09/08/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Shiftycênt
fear of GW2? i hope you are trolling, there wont be another MMO to "kill" wow until blizzard make a new one rofl.

GW2 comes from ex-blizzard/warcraft/battle.net lead developer Mike O'Brien. :P
Edited by Fairyfark on 9/13/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]