Resto Druid Addons

My friends and I just came back from taking two expansions off. We're running a 10 man raiding Guild, and I am playing Resto Druid.

I've check a couple addons for keeping track of HOTs, but haven't found any that I like... or any that are that effective. As of right now, I am mainly doing it by memory, and XPerl's raid frames (but they're really small).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Clarification
Edited by Novoula on 9/10/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I use power auras classic for all my dot/hot tracking needs.

How do you rip resto druid?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've always been a Grid fan; Vuhdo's good too. Healbot is bad for hot tracking last I heard (which was admittedly a very long time ago); something about the order of the hots on the frame not being static, I believe. Feel free to correct me if it's changed since I last heard about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Default Blizzard raid frames.

Use it, love it, and never have to worry about addons again.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I've been using healbot for about 5 years now I think, and it has been the best healing addon I've used. The HoT Tracking is pretty decent on it. If you're just beginning, I'd recommend HealBot, it's pretty easy to setup too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Im a fan of Vuhdo myself..

But healbot/grid get the job done too
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can someone tell me the advantages to using heal bot?

I can pretty well see who I've got HoTs on, who needs dispelling, when my spells are coming off cd etc without addons, just wondering what else healbot brings to the table?

thanks.
Reply Quote
if you pvp it helps to have a DR tracker, I use lastsecond
Reply Quote
Vuhdo, weak auras, that is all
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
i perfer healbot for healing,not sure what "ripping resto druid" means.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Grid - Can't track Wild Growth through icons. To me, that's a deal breaker.

Vuhdo - I don't like how you can only track HOTs by little squares and circles. Just seems sloppy.

Healbot - From what I could tell (I didn't download it) it's just a list of people's names with heal bars. Nothing else.

I am about to use WOW's default raid frames.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-indicator-side-icons

Should allow you to get icons instead of dots.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-indicator-corner-icons
Same as above, but for the corners instead of the sides

Now, if you're using Grid2, I can't help you as I don't use that one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I heard Grid 1 isn't being support in MOP due to a lack of plugins(?) on WOW's end.

Y or N? ;o
Edited by Novoulious on 9/15/2012 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Can someone tell me the advantages to using heal bot?

I can pretty well see who I've got HoTs on, who needs dispelling, when my spells are coming off cd etc without addons, just wondering what else healbot brings to the table?

thanks.

Easy to set up instant clicks on player names (no need to click to target, then press another button for any spell) for healing.

This is a dealbreaker for me. I know other addons allow mouseover (and possibly default UI) but Heal bot is just soooooooo easy to setup and really, it's just what I am used to and have been using for years.

Mouse over casts are an absolute necessity for Resto Druids with halved GCD on Rejuvs.

I don't know if one can setup default UI to work the same - WITH a ton of mouse button macros. If it's possible, how? Curious. I'd like to try it so I don't have to update addons ever again.
Edited by Darknsmelly on 9/15/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've tried several addons, but I've found the most functional is to learn to write mouseover macros and use the default raid frames. Those frames display most of the information you need. The only thing lacking is that target markers aren't applied to those frames, but there's a light addon that accomplishes that.

Once the raid frames were significantly improved a couple years ago I found no need for healing addons. Most display information poorly and I find it much easier to cast spells with one hand and drive with the other.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I use clique to control mouse over macros, and grid to track health, HOTS and buffs.

Grid is great on its own but I also use the plugins; GridIndicatorCornerText, and GridStatusHots. They add information on Lifebloom stacks, Rejuve times ect.

Currently I track LB stacks and times in the lower middle of the player frame (it changes color based on time as well), rejuve time in the upper left, regrowth on the right and diseases in the center.

It takes a lot of finagling to get it set up, but it is very much worth the time. Once you download them from Curse there are a ton of setup guides you can find through Google.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]