Stromgarde

100 Human Warrior
Is it possible that in the upcoming expansion, as a patch possibly, the Alliance regains full control of Stromgarde and uses it as a strategic position to keep the Horde from advancing further south?

Edit: As of 5.4 it looks like it. <3
Edited by Kerex on 6/12/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Alliance? Winning?

You're not from around these parts are you?

Serious note:

I doubt it. More for game play reasons than anything else. Having Stromgarde re-established would be putting a major Alliance hub right next to a low level Horde (explicitly Forsaken) questing area.

And they're not planning on redoing EK/Kalimdor again for a while.... Maybe when they redo them again Stromgarde will return.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
With the way it seems to be panning out the Forsaken will own the majority of Lordaeron up to the Thandol Span.

The areas they wont own will be EPL, Gilneas, Hinterlands, parts of Silverpine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It doesn't have to be an Alliance hub but rather a stopping point. As the Alliance sends their forces to Pandaria, The forces at Refuge Point join forces with the small army based inside of Stromgarde to regain control of the city. The Horde sees this movement to retake the city and sends forces to disrupt the effort and to possibly gain the city themselves. Horde forces can be stationed inside of the city to group up with Zengu. The Alliance sees this movement and sends regiments to aid the defenders of Stromgarde.

It can stay this way for a patch or can be a phased event in the highlands for players of around that level. The phasing can display the horde being pushed out of Stromgarde by the endless Alliance regiments.

TLDR: The Alliance gains a new questing hub after the destruction of Theramore, and the Forsaken advance is stopped at Thoradin's Wall.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
It doesn't have to be an Alliance hub but rather a stopping point. As the Alliance sends their forces to Pandaria, The forces at Refuge Point join forces with the small army based inside of Stromgarde to regain control of the city. The Horde sees this movement to retake the city and sends forces to disrupt the effort and to possibly gain the city themselves. Horde forces can be stationed inside of the city to group up with Zengu. The Alliance sees this movement and sends regiments to aid the defenders of Stromgarde.

It can stay this way for a patch or can be a phased event in the highlands for players of around that level. The phasing can display the horde being pushed out of Stromgarde by the endless Alliance regiments.

TLDR: The Alliance gains a new questing hub after the destruction of Theramore, and the Forsaken advance is stopped at Thoradin's Wall.

Sounds like a good idea for a Battleground. Would make for a nice City based King of the Hill.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/10/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Kreeara
I doubt it. More for game play reasons than anything else. Having Stromgarde re-established would be putting a major Alliance hub right next to a low level Horde (explicitly Forsaken) questing area.

I don't see how it's a bad thing. Stromgarde is a fairly decent distance away from Hillsbrad, and despite that you get what you asked for when you play on a PvP server anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
09/11/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Talendras
I don't see how it's a bad thing. Stromgarde is a fairly decent distance away from Hillsbrad, and despite that you get what you asked for when you play on a PvP server anyway.

It would depend how big they made it.

If forsaken were still to quest through the Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde was pretty much a capital city... I can't imagine questing through there and having to run around a capital Alliance city would be fun...

Even if it was made small, then the forsaken would still have the pretty much avoid the whole south of the zone to avoid getting swords to the face from guards.

Unless you remove Horde questing from there full stop, in which case makes horde questing disjointed... and etc. etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just don't give it an AH that will keep the population down to a safe lvl.

As a lore junkie I would love to see Gilneas and Stormgarde return to there former glory.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I just suggested retaking it, not making it like Stormwind is now. You guys can read more above on a possible scenario for the retaking of Stromgarde that shows the Horde's attempt to take it right out from an Alliance uprising inside of the city, only to be pushed back by regiments from Ironforge and Stormwind respectively once the Alliance sees the Horde's underhanded move to take the city. You can still quest through the area as horde but the horde will ultimately be pushed back to their small outpost in the Arathi Highlands and the Forsaken advance will be stopped at Thoradin's wall.
Edited by Kerex on 9/11/2012 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They could just revamp Arathi questing again since they didn't do much with it in Cata. Danath comes back and decides to retake the city for the Alliance. Sylvanas sends Galen to do the same for Forsaken. The two fight, the Forsaken are defeated, maybe lose a Val'kyr or two, and retreat back behind Thoradin's Wall. Stromgarde is rebuilt by the Alliance and becomes a large but non-capital city similar to Theramore or Bilgewater Harbor.

This would give Alliance players a chance to actually win for once, and to experience that win ingame and make Eastern Kingdoms leveling less depressing. It would also halt the Forsaken advance and show that plagues and Val'kyr aren't instant IWIN buttons for the Horde. Even if they lose their hubs at the end of the zone, Forsaken would still get to quest there, and Stromgarde is actually further away from Undercity than Stonard is from Stormwind, so I don't see how that's an issue to begin with.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I don't think Danath would be likely to move until the expansion after MoP. They have almost nowhere to go after MoP. The more likely solution would be adventuring past the bonds of Azeroth and the Outlands for whatever reason. That would possibly call for a revamp of the burning crusade areas and then Danath can be like, "Okay, my work is done here. Now to go back to Stromgarde with my forces here and retake my home."
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I don't understand why people make up this assumption that the Alliance want more capital cities when they ask for Stromgarde or Gilneas back.

It's mostly asked for because it would be an opportunity to give the Alliance a goal to strive for, or to help the Alliance restore some pride that they lost in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
They could just revamp Arathi questing again since they didn't do much with it in Cata. Danath comes back and decides to retake the city for the Alliance. Sylvanas sends Galen to do the same for Forsaken. The two fight, the Forsaken are defeated, maybe lose a Val'kyr or two, and retreat back behind Thoradin's Wall. Stromgarde is rebuilt by the Alliance and becomes a large but non-capital city similar to Theramore or Bilgewater Harbor.

This might work if at the same time the Horde wipes out refuge point or Aeire peak. For gameplay reasons you gotta give if you are going to take.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

This might work if at the same time the Horde wipes out refuge point or Aeire peak. For gameplay reasons you gotta give if you are going to take.

Funny how that only applies when we're talking about the Alliance getting something.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

Funny how that only applies when we're talking about the Alliance getting something.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin

Refuge Point? That hole in the ground?

*blinks for a moment*

I mean uh... yeah go ahead, sounds like a good trade to me!
Edited by Talendras on 9/11/2012 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Horde doesn't need to take anything in exchange for Stormgarde.

We never got to retaliate for Andorhal or Southshore. Giving Horde something for Stromgarde, regardless of how big or small it is, just supports the notion that Blizz never lets the Horde lose, and part of the idea behind retaking Stormgarde would be to disprove that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We'd gain Stromgarde, but only through massive losses incurred to our side and some good gains for the Horde.

-Our farm would be taken over, so we can't even feed our troops that survive.
-Refuge Pointe would become a plague soup swimming pool. Half the people there are floating in it while a bunch of Forsaken sit around it or swim in it (one would probably use two guards, tie them together, and use them as a ring float to sit on).
-We 'have' the city but the army that took it is so decimated that we can't hold any territory outside the city. It also doesn't receive any visual updates.
-Every Syndicate in the region would be raised as Forsaken.
-Hammerfall would probably get the Witherbark & the Boulderfist to join the Horde.
-Danath would probably be killed by Galen with Trol'kalar through the gut.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The point of this offensive is an Alliance gain and a flat out horde loss. The horde tries to take stromgarde, the Alliance doesn't have any of it and pushes them back behind Thoradin's wall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]