Stromgarde

90 Human Death Knight
Pfft...you guys should be GLAD to lose Refugee Point. It's very existence has been nothing short of an embarrassment to the Alliance for years.

The only reason it hasn't been filled up with demolisher fire yet is that the Orcs at Hammerfall have been too busy laughing and /facepalming that the humans of Arathi would be so dumb as to set up in a friggin HOLE IN THE GROUND that happens to be set in a lower elevation than practically every other part of the zone.

You're starting to sound like Blizzard, telling us we should be happy we're losing Theramore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're starting to sound like Blizzard, telling us we should be happy we're losing Theramore.

Lets see here

Theramore: A fully functional and well defended city with an AH portals and other goodies

Refugee Point- A big hole in the ground who's very existence is COMPLETELY dependent on plot armor.

If I was an Alliance I COULDN'T WAIT to lose Refugee Point if it meant getting Stromgarde Keep back. If Danath came back, the VERY FIRST thing he would do is get everybody the hell out Refugee Point. That place is death trap waiting to happen.
Edited by Lochnar on 9/12/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
id personally like to see every human kingdom come back in it's glory (apart from Dalaran even when rhonin dies, the kirin tor still stay neutral) and Alterac for obvious reasons. Ruins of Alterac is too small to be the capital of a kingdom IMO, same for stromgarde keep, with it once being the capital of Arathor.
I'd love to see Lordaeron restored, Stratholme, all the cool places from WC2 &3, Kul'Tiras

Say.... Where is Kul'Tiras anyway? O.o
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/12/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Lochnar

Lets see here

Theramore: A fully functional and well defended city with an AH portals and other goodies

Refugee Point- A big hole in the ground who's very existence is COMPLETELY dependent on plot armor.

If I was an Alliance I COULDN'T WAIT to lose Refugee Point if it meant getting Stromgarde Keep back. If Danath came back, the VERY FIRST thing he would do is get everybody the hell out Refugee Point. That place is death trap waiting to happen.

You're still stuck on this idea that Alliance has to lose something in exchange for Stromgarde.

Given that Horde never loses anything in zones they win, I don't see why the Alliance would need to in a hypothetical zone where we win.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're still stuck on this idea that Alliance has to lose something in exchange for Stromgarde.

No I'm saying there is no reason for the Alliance to even be in Refugee Point if they get Stromgarde Keep.

But if you REALLY want to keep the oversize foxhole........
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I think the only other significant issue is figuring out where to place the battlemasters and the portal to the BG.

I don't think Blizzard's ever done something like that before.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think the only other significant issue is figuring out where to place the battlemasters and the portal to the BG.

I don't think Blizzard's ever done something like that before.

I dont think anyone even goes to those portals anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Tyrathius
Given that Horde never loses anything in zones they win,

Our soul.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'd love to see Stromgarde make a comeback, for many of the reasons already shared here. Given that Hillsbrad is such a contentious zone, it'd be interesting to see some quests instituted in Arathi that create a phased version of Hillsbrad that allows the Alliance to retake it (or at least to break some deserving teeth).

That said, it's starting to seem unlikely.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I like just making it a heavy PVP zone with Alliance in Stormgarde and Horde in Hammerfall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Hes got a point at any moment it could be Sylvanas' new plague swimming pool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/12/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
I like just making it a heavy PVP zone with Alliance in Stormgarde and Horde in Hammerfall.

A high level pvp hub right there would disrupt the flow of low level questing in the area. By all means go there and fight the horde if you want but making a hub would draw unnecessary attention to the area that would have the potential to disrupt any questing going on.
Reply Quote
Pfft...you guys should be GLAD to lose Refugee Point. It's very existence has been nothing short of an embarrassment to the Alliance for years.

The only reason it hasn't been filled up with demolisher fire yet is that the Orcs at Hammerfall have been too busy laughing and /facepalming that the humans of Arathi would be so dumb as to set up in a friggin HOLE IN THE GROUND that happens to be set in a lower elevation than practically every other part of the zone.

Eh they'd wipe refugee point out if only well. As you said it's just to easy to mock for so many reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't think Refuge Point has to be wiped out. The horde try to gain in this zone and if stromgarde does become a contested city, the horde should be pushed back with their tail between their legs. Alliance might in the area would be too much in the end to even consider taking the area where they sent reinforcements from.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Not so much Refuge Pointe is wiped out as it is simply abandoned if Stromgarde is restored. It's a trade-in-trade-up program!
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
Alliance? Winning?

You're not from around these parts are you?

Serious note:

I doubt it. More for game play reasons than anything else. Having Stromgarde re-established would be putting a major Alliance hub right next to a low level Horde (explicitly Forsaken) questing area.

And they're not planning on redoing EK/Kalimdor again for a while.... Maybe when they redo them again Stromgarde will return.

Stromgarde wouldn't be a 'major Alliance hub' any more than Theramore currently is.

They could just revamp Arathi questing again since they didn't do much with it in Cata. Danath comes back and decides to retake the city for the Alliance. Sylvanas sends Galen to do the same for Forsaken. The two fight, the Forsaken are defeated, maybe lose a Val'kyr or two, and retreat back behind Thoradin's Wall. Stromgarde is rebuilt by the Alliance and becomes a large but non-capital city similar to Theramore or Bilgewater Harbor.

This might work if at the same time the Horde wipes out refuge point or Aeire peak. For gameplay reasons you gotta give if you are going to take.

Why would the Alliance have to suffer yet another loss? I'm guessing that you've already forgotten the (soon) loss of Theramore.

As much as I'd like to see Stromgarde retaken by the Alliance it won't happen any time soon. The way Blizzard does things we might see it happen in 3 or 4 more xpacs, if they don't just give that to the Horde as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just don't give it an AH that will keep the population down to a safe lvl.

As a lore junkie I would love to see Gilneas and Stormgarde return to there former glory.

And hopefully Kul Tiras will make a return sometime soon in MoP seeing how we have a lot of naval warfare in MoP. Kul Tiras did bolster the biggest navy in its time I believe.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Danath came back, the VERY FIRST thing he would do is get everybody the hell out Refugee Point. That place is death trap waiting to happen.

The first thing Danath would do is murder the entire Syndicate, execute every Boulderfist Ogre, T-Bag Orgrim Doomhammer's Corpse (It's in Hammerfall), and make Stromgarde the nation it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Danath came back, the VERY FIRST thing he would do is get everybody the hell out Refugee Point. That place is death trap waiting to happen.

Sadly, he can never return as long as Magtheridon and Bladefist hold their iron grip on the Hellfire Ramparts!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]