Stromgarde

90 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Ericartman
Orgrim Doomhammer's Corpse (It's in Hammerfall)

I'm positive Hammerfall is where he died, but his body was cremated elsewhere.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Stromgarde has never made sense. The great warrior nation was overrun by ogres and bandits under still-mysterious circumstances, seemingly before anyone noticed? After the death of their king at the hands of...somebody or another? Yeah, nothing about this makes sense. Really, it's a thin (very thin) pretext to stick with the whole "Stormwind is the last/only human kingdom thing," which is why we're very unlikely to see Stromgarde again the future.

Unless they give it to the Horde. Galen and all that. I'm assuming they turned him for some reason. Other than to stick it to us (??).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Stromgarde has never made sense. The great warrior nation was overrun by ogres and bandits under still-mysterious circumstances, seemingly before anyone noticed? After the death of their king at the hands of...somebody or another? Yeah, nothing about this makes sense. Really, it's a thin (very thin) pretext to stick with the whole "Stormwind is the last/only human kingdom thing," which is why we're very unlikely to see Stromgarde again the future.

Unless they give it to the Horde. Galen and all that. I'm assuming they turned him for some reason. Other than to stick it to us (??).

In WC2:BtDP, Stormguard's leaders, knights, and most of it's army rushed to Outland. They left it undefended for decades. Makes sense to me.
Reply Quote
It's not Stormguard. It's Stromgarde.

Anyway, I think Blizzard just doesn't like revamping old content, or giving the Alliance good stuff.

And I mean the good stuff.

In Cata, the Horde and Alliance both got a lot of new content. But few would argue that the Alliance got anywhere near the amount of good content that the Horde got.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Elect Kroxxigar Warchief and I'll pull all my forces out of Arathi! A Vote for Kroxx is a vote for intelligent Horde leadership!

Also, I'll personally oversee a project to evacuate Refuge Point, fill that !@#$er with concrete and build "Refuge Bastion", a giant fortified tower with the words "Now who's looking up at who?!" artfully spray-painted on the side in a lovely Stromgardian red.

On a serious note, I want Arathi to be where the buck stops. Have the wall rebuilt and make a giant barren kill zone all the way to Durholde. Nothing for cover but dead bodies. Good luck raising corpses that are ON FIRE, Val'kyr! Your low-cut armour isn't fooling anyone!

Ahem.

Seriously seriously, let's organise this. It's a good idea and the Forsaken need to hit something they can't topple. It's either that or the Thandol Span, so might as well give the Alliance a victory.

Also, I suggest a "Dual-level zone" for it. Where you level 25-30 as H/A and the Forsaken lose ground until they get booted out (Not without a fight mind you), then you go there at 90 or whatever and do PvP defending the wall as Alliance, and attacking it as Horde from Hillsbrad side. Like TB, but better and more relevant and stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Sorry to necro , re-reading threads of great discussion is awesome when we look back.

I still hold to my standing that Stromgarde become contested and won by the Alliance. The forsaken advance and are met by an extremely hostile force of alliance regiments who so happen to be rebuilding a Giant Wall that the forsaken shall not tumble. Hammerfall will ultimately become an overly protected hub for lore reasons (more alliance in the area means that the horde need more of a presence to keep them from over running the grave of one of the horde's greatest leaders).
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Alliance:
- Danath returns from Outland, builds a small army from Northern EK soldier-refugees.
- Goes around gathering allies for Danath (Bloodfang, Wildhammer, Dalaran magi). Bloodfang to keep the Forsaken blind, Wildhammer to provide airsupport to counter Val'kyr+Bats, Mages to counter any Forsaken magic.
- Destroys Hammerfell entirely, using the small army Danath raised.
- Attacks an unexpecting (because of the Bloodfang) Galen's Fall, securing Thoradin's Wall.
- Attacks Stromgarde from the front, finds the Forsaken have landed at the docks (it has a port now), fights (Mages teleport to the Tower of Arathor getting behind Forsaken lines, Wildhammer shoot down Val'kyr when they appear), wins, secures Stromgarde.
- Danath kills Galen, claims the sword.
- Attacks Durnhole to ruin Forsaken defense, loses, driven back to the city.

Horde:
- Sylvanas wants all close and continuing threats to be removed.
- Players eliminates Chillwind camp, clears out the Alterac town, takes Durnholde from the elementals.
- After taking Durnholde, meets with Galen who has fled Galen's Fall, heads to the fleet near Gilneas to take Stromgarde before Danath can.
- Lands at Stromgarde, moves through the city, overruns ground Alliance troops, Danath appears (as do mages and Wildhammer) in surprise attack, Galen falls, retreat out of the city.
- Meet with Sylvanas at Durnholde, sent on plague-bombing run to strike at easy targets, flies over Refuge Point and fills that craphole with all the plague.
- Defends at Durnholde, beats Danath's attack, survives Crowley's assassination attempt, kills Crowley.

Probably way too long for the kind of event Blizzard would ever do (sue me), but I think that'd be pretty good.

Alliance wins:
- Takes Stromgarde.
- Destroys Hammerfell.
- Takes Thoradin's Wall.
- Kills Galen.
- Takes ancestral sword.

Horde wins:
- Destroys Chillwind/secures WPL.
- Takes Alterac.
- Takes Durnholde.
- Kills Ivar.
- Blows up Refuge Point.
- Wins final battle and kicks Danath out of Hillsbrad.

Tis what I would do. Although, I'm not really sure what purpose an updated Alterac/Durnholde/Stromgarde would actually serve. Stromgarde and Durnholde to become the new BG hubs, sure, but maybe Alterac shouldn't be touched.
Edited by Gandred on 12/19/2012 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
93 Human Warlock
I prefer the proper introduction of Kul'Tiras

I doubt it. More for game play reasons than anything else. Having Stromgarde re-established would be putting a major Alliance hub right next to a low level Horde (explicitly Forsaken) questing area.

Go roll on a PvE server derp derp derp
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
12/19/2012 05:12 AMPosted by Gandred
Destroys Chillwind/secures WPL.

When I think of Chillwind I think of tents that the Forsaken will not blow down because the Crusade is there. I woldn't use the word "destroy"

Takes Alterac.

Are there people who believe the Forsaken don't already own this?

Takes Durnholde.

Aren't the Forsaken using Durnholde as training grounds?

- Kills Crowley.

Not a bad idea

- Blows up Refuge Point.

Literally a hole in the ground, they can keep it, LM is more advantageous .

Wins final battle and kicks Danath out of Hillsbrad.

He kills Sylvanas and takes out her Val'kyr the Forsaken takes one of Danath arms or legs, and we all hail the lord of the dead Helcular!

Cool story bro?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldnt mind (and this is a pipe dream) seeing Stromgarde becoming a Urban warfare battleground, with the Forsaken and the Humans battling it out. To make it more interesting, the Forsaken faction coming to contest it would be the Dark Rangers while the Alliance faction would be the Knights of the Silver Hand, come to extinguish the undead.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
When I think of Chillwind I think of tents that the Forsaken will not blow down because the Crusade is there. I woldn't use the word "destroy"

There's a building there.

Are there people who believe the Forsaken don't already own this?

Bandits still be chilling there.

Aren't the Forsaken using Durnholde as training grounds?

By take I mean redesign and man. The Forsaken own the place currently, but filled it with angry elementals.

Literally a hole in the ground, they can keep it, LM is more advantageous.

Nah.

He kills Sylvanas and takes out her Val'kyr the Forsaken takes one of Danath arms or legs, and we all hail the lord of the dead Helcular!

Cool story bro?

Nah.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Danath returns to Azeroth, stating off in Stormwind where the player helps him tally Strom Refugees that are in Stormwind Old Town. With a small army at his back, he recuits some Kirin Tor mages to his side, led by Ansirem Runewaver, as well as the worgen Isiden Perenolde and the General Hath of Alterac.

Danath leads the Alliance in retaking Arathi, destroying Hammerfall and removing the orcs from the equator. They march onto Refugee Point which is under attack, saivng the Point and rallying the Stromgarde defenders that are there. They level Galen's Fall but dont find Galen Trollbane. They lay siege to Stromgarde, where the ogres and Syndicate fights back hard. however, they fighting to the centre of the place, Stromgarde Hold, where it's strangely controlled by Forsaken.

Inside, they discover Galen Trollbane talking to Aliden Perenolde and Lord Falconcrest, both now Forsaken. They see Danath, Perenolde and Falconcrest teleport out, while Galen fights Danath. Galen is killed and Trol'kalar is reclaimed by Danath. Stromgarde is reclaimed.

Alterac:
Meanwhile, after Silverpine Horde players are sent to find Prince Aliden Perenolde's corpse. Once it's recovered, Sylvanas offers him regin over Alterac in return for loyalty to the Horde. He agrees, since the other choice is death. Again. Aliden beings recuitng the Syndicate into the Forsaken by raising them, getting many of his old commanders, like Falconcrest, back.

They retake Alterac City, moving to crush Isiden Perenolde's pack advances into Hillsbrad. The Perenolde Pack took over Durnholde, and while Alterac is being rebuilt in Forsaken artitect. Saving Tarren Mill, crushing the advance at Southshore. Durnholde was besieged by Aliden and the Forsaken retake it, kill Isiden Perenolde and repell the Alliance from Hillsbrad completely.

Arathi Basin:
Both sides enter a phased versions of Arathi Basin, Prince Aliden Perenolde commands from the Horde end, and Danath from the Alliance end. They send players to claim each of the bases, and kill Stromgarde Captain/Alterac Commander.

Aliden and Danath need to leave, but they tell you to kill one of the commanders of the area. Horde have to kill General Hath, while Alliance kills Lord Falconcrest. the Battle of Arathi Basin reasumes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Either way, the forsaken need to have their advance stopped and the alliance needs a good solid victory.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So uh, bump just for kicks and giggles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]