Best MoP hunter pve spec?

(Locked)

100 Worgen Hunter
Is it clear yet which dps spec seems to be the best for MoP?
85 Human Hunter
Right now, it's BM and SV, with BM having a slight edge.
90 Pandaren Warrior
but bm is so vaguely over sv i think that the simple pull on boss which the pet has to readjust would seriously make it dead even or edge out sv...theyre like that close to my understanding, i posted this question already but im posting here to try and get thoughts
85 Human Hunter
Personally, I think it's so close, the difference should be in what you want to play. I played SV in Cata and I'm trying BM as an experiment.
90 Orc Hunter
Sigh...
90 Pandaren Hunter
09/08/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Chrisboxed
Sigh...

Hey, I have no problems admitting that buffing my preferred spec would make me feel better about choosing to play it.
90 Dwarf Hunter
bm is ahead of survival in t14 by a small %2 dps increase so i would say play either
90 Night Elf Hunter
You're probably going to need to be good at both. There will, I'm sure, be certain fights where BM just isn't viable (things like spine come to mind, not that SV was all that good on spine). I'd say play BM and have your SV offspec ready for the fights that BM isn't quite as good.

Wish MM had a buff/was made a little simpler. I didn't think they could make the rotation harder, but somehow they did.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I did a little 30 min trial with our specs and this is my estimates (each test was done with test dummies ~over 5 mins):

Survival
Three or more on 1 -- 40-43K DPS
One on 1 -- 22-24k DPS

Beast Master
Three or more on 1 -- 25-27k DPS
One on 1 -- 32-35k DPS (for 30 seconds), then 23-25k DPS

Marksmanship
Three or more on 1 -- 24-26k DPS
One on 1 -- 24-26k DPS

I did, though, use my PvP gear for the testing; and my talent specs were: NE-SS-IH-TH-BS. Finally, my pet was set to ferocity. I am no professional tester, but, in my opinion, I think BM is best for PvP and Surv is best for PvE.
90 Orc Hunter
Id say if your pet NEVER leaves the target and there isnt multiple targets, BM pulls ahead of surv. But yea they are pretty close within rng of each other you probly wont notice a difference.
90 Orc Hunter
BM sims slightly higher but anything that makes the pet peel off (Unless you took blink strike) can cause you to loose a fair bit of dps. With pet AI being what it is, unless BM pulls further ahead of SV I'm staying SV for mists. (or going MM if they make it better)
90 Dwarf Hunter
They're both too close to say. BM is slightly better in sims but in raid application, they're both interchangable and near identical. It's just a flavor choice.
From all my tests (done on the lvl 85 dummy not the raid dummy cause that's lvl 93 now) I found that Survival and BM are close to each other. BM being more burst and survival being less spike dmg and more consistent. I have also tested using just arcane shot unless LnL procs and then using ES. Which, pathetically, does more dmg then doing the 4.3 rotation. But because there are too many pet bugs and too much pet down time, I feel that BM just won't be viable even in MoP. Why do I say this? well, because blizzard will be blizzard and any bugs you see with your pet now are most likely going to not be fixed and will be effecting your dps in MoP. (sorry been having a big issue with blizz and the 134 error and pet bugs and stuff not being fixed. needed to vent a bit :P) But nothing in MoP is set in stone. They may realize that arcane shot is too good and ES is kinda bad and they may buff ES making SV better again. Only time will tell, but I am going to stay survival simply because there is too much that can go wrong with your pets to make it viable in current or future raid content.
90 Night Elf Hunter
If youve seen me post on every other forum.

It all depends on how you play. Useing the same gear per spec you will get the results or somethign along the lines of them as Darican posted. but if you reforge the gear to different specs you will get different results.

BM-Surv = you really do just want as much mastery as you can get
Surv-MM = Haste is your best friend
MM = Crit is also your best buddy
All of them = Expertise is still iffy. i still beast up without it but some does help. Hit cap is down to like 7.25% or something like that now so you dont need as much.

BUT im staying MM, i got all my Haste and Crit to good caps towhere at level 85 im currently still pulling almost 5k more dps in MM then i do in the other 2 with thier reforges set

altho that could be just because im a beast MM and suck at the other 2. but i also tend to pull more dps atm then some of the surv hunters that used to always be alittle above me and they havve better gear.
Edited by Earendur on 9/9/2012 5:19 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
If youve seen me post on every other forum.

It all depends on how you play. Useing the same gear per spec you will get the results or somethign along the lines of them as Darican posted. but if you reforge the gear to different specs you will get different results.

BM-Surv = you really do just want as much mastery as you can get
Surv-MM = Haste is your best friend
MM = Crit is also your best buddy
All of them = Expertise is still iffy. i still beast up without it but some does help. Hit cap is down to like 7.25% or something like that now so you dont need as much.

BUT im staying MM, i got all my Haste and Crit to good caps towhere at level 85 im currently still pulling almost 5k more dps in MM then i do in the other 2 with thier reforges set

altho that could be just because im a beast MM and suck at the other 2. but i also tend to pull more dps atm then some of the surv hunters that used to always be alittle above me and they havve better gear.

This is very much incorrect.

At 90, our stat priorities are essentially the same as they are now.

Beast and Survival: Agility > Hit > Expertise > Crit > Mastery > Haste
Marks: Agility > Hit > Expertise > Crit > Haste > Mastery

The only thing that changed in regards to our stat priority and weights from Cataclysm until now is that Mastery is a bit closer to Critical Strike and is a definitive gain over Haste.
99 Human Hunter
09/09/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Earendur

Lol, I'm sure you do.
95 Dwarf Hunter
Close is close enough, for some. Or something.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/08/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Kallam
Right now, it's BM and SV, with BM having a slight edge.

This; however, Surv is slated for a number tweak, so it remains to be seen. We have like a month after release before raids are even available, so any and everything can change.

09/09/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Eponine
Missed this:

"Missed this" I see what u did thurr! XD
Edited by Stalkings on 9/9/2012 8:09 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]