Cross-Realm Zones enabled?

85 Worgen Rogue
Anyone know the status of CRZ with respect to ED?

I see all these whiny threads in general talking about not being able to get gathering nodes because there are so many people in a zone, but I have yet to see anyone from another server, and the world seems dead as usual.

This saddens me, because as a rogue, I would like to go out and personally welcome these new adventurers to our world.

Also, I would assume we're only ever going to join with other RP-PVP servers? This might limit the number of people we would ever encounter relative to other server types.

Moo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
(( I've seen players from Lightninghoof, Twisting Nether, and something that starts with an "m" in Silvermoon City. Yes, cross-realm zones are live. On the one hand, it's nice to see a few new faces in SMC. On the other, I could do without the new trolls gunking up General. *grumbles about kids mucking up her lawn*

I've also seen people from other realms in some of the Northrend zones while leveling my warrior. Competition for mining nodes in Sholazar Basin was definitely not just from ED-ers, but since that's not the primary reason I was there, it didn't bother me so much. ))
Edited by Livyani on 9/8/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
As far as I can tell for RP-PvP zones, we're not sharing leveling zones automatically yet, but a realid/battlenet friend can group up with you and you'll be teleported to their server.

I was just on ED with a bunch of people, doing a meet and greet in Goldshire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I can confirm the above information, in fact I did a little bit of testing with some of my real-id friends. It would be of interest to know that with the exception of Stormwind and Orgrimmar, all other capital cites are accessible via cross realm, so your friends wont phase out in all other cities. Tol Barad Peninsula, is not accessible via cross realm. All things set aside, its certainly a nifty feature.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warlock
( Did some experimenting of my own last night. Here's what I found.

First, you can add *anyone*, and not just Battletag/RealID friends. Simply use /invite player-realm to do so.

Second, whoever the party leader is dictates what server you're on. If they're on a PvE server, congrats, you can quest without fear of ganking. For fun, make the party yourself, and don't warn them first. If the leader logs out, you're still on their server, until lead gets swapped.

Third, if you've been planning on using RaF, don't feel like you're stuck leveling on someone else's server, since the XP bonus still kicks in even if you're from different servers.

Finally, again for fun, form a raid and travel to some contested area under a PvE leader, then switch to PvP at the last second. An entire raid materializing out of thin air would probably be enough to make somebody crit themselves.

I'm going to play more with it tonight, if anyone has something they want me to test. )
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
( Did some experimenting of my own last night. Here's what I found.

First, you can add *anyone*, and not just Battletag/RealID friends. Simply use /invite player-realm to do so.

Second, whoever the party leader is dictates what server you're on. If they're on a PvE server, congrats, you can quest without fear of ganking. For fun, make the party yourself, and don't warn them first. If the leader logs out, you're still on their server, until lead gets swapped.

Third, if you've been planning on using RaF, don't feel like you're stuck leveling on someone else's server, since the XP bonus still kicks in even if you're from different servers.

Finally, again for fun, form a raid and travel to some contested area under a PvE leader, then switch to PvP at the last second. An entire raid materializing out of thin air would probably be enough to make somebody crit themselves.

I'm going to play more with it tonight, if anyone has something they want me to test. )

Yes, just played with it and it's very cool. I did see that there's only a few minute grace period after the group leader logs out or the game notices they've DCed before everyone reverts to their home server (maybe it just moves leadership and everyone goes to their server).

You can create a level one character on any realm and use it to invite over a character from somewhere else (on another account obviously).

Seems to work for a raid (unfortunately level one characters can't create raids though).

Have not found any way yet to have two accounts manage to invite each-other to a third server somehow. If you want to visit a "new" realm with a friend, you're going to need a third player or account to invite and stay logged in. I'm not sure I've tried all possibilities yet :)

Moo.
Edited by Moolin on 9/8/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warlock
( There's a script somewhere that allows low-levels to enter a raid group, I'll see if I can find it again. Once they're in, I imagine they can be given lead by a higher level. I'll also test to see if the leader DCing causes everyone to return to their own server once the game transfers lead, or if they go to the server of the new lead. I had just assumed it was the new lead, but I only had two members in my group. Luckily I have a couple of extra accounts right now!

And yeah, don't know about showing up in a server that's completely different from what the group already has access to. I was thinking about making up a raid by logging in on a level 1 on another server, inviting them, logging out and getting on a new one, etc, until the raid was full. Then I could just cycle through all the different servers by logging each one in and out in turn.

Hmm. New experiment idea: If the characters are in different zones (like one's in Hyjal and one's in Eastern Plaguelands), do they still show up in the leader's server? Camp TLPD or some other mount-dropping rare by getting your 85 out to where the rare is, but leave your little level 1s in their starting zones. )
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah it works here. Some joker invited his friends(from alliance mind you) from skullcrusher Just to reset the dakrmoon rabbit on us. blizzard sh!t the bed with this cross server crap
Edited by Illintent on 9/8/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Yes, my son and I were in Nagrand dueling...and yes, he's better than me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
So it seems to be working differently or inconsistently today. Anyone hear of any changes to cross-realm grouping? I'm not able to have a level 1 pull over an 85. In fact I ended up on HER server rather than she coming to me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Saw a couple Maelstrom people in Hellfire Peninsula, and a couple Twisting Nether in Netherstorm. I was under the impression we were only going to be sharing with RP-PVP realms.

All in all, I'm not a fan of cross-zone realms. Just means more 85s are gonna gank my lowbies while levelling in zones, on top of all the other issues mentioned.
Edited by Soaring on 9/11/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
People killing rare hunter pets...people camping lowbies....people griefing RP events....people camping Storm Peaks/Deepholm for the mount....people inviting their friends to grief raids on DMF rabbit, and the potential factor it'll happen to the 2 world bosses in MoP....

Not a fan. At all.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
yup not working here either :S
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Saw a couple Maelstrom people in Hellfire Peninsula, and a couple Twisting Nether in Netherstorm. I was under the impression we were only going to be sharing with RP-PVP realms.

All in all, I'm not a fan of cross-zone realms. Just means more 85s are gonna gank my lowbies while levelling in zones, on top of all the other issues mentioned.

(( Twisting Nether is RP-PvP. So is Maelstrom (which would be the M-realm I couldn't remember).

Anyone from other realms are probably here because they were invited or brought over by ED-ers. ))
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
On the one hand, I like the idea of being able to play with my sister regardless of what toons we each feel like playing, or of maybe being able to finally experience RP and world PvP on my one-and-only 85 (I'm devoted to her server and guild, so transferring isn't an option, but my ED toons aren't even level 30 yet). I can definitely see where that kind of thing is a huge bonus for a lot of players.

But I'm really not sure that it outweighs concerns about realm culture getting jacked up because of the influx of players from other realms. Each realm I'm on seems to have its own quirks and its own way of doing things, even apart from what type of server it is. And you kind of get to know your server. You know what the different guilds are like, you start to recognize other players, you learn when it's safe to level in Duskwood (never, ohgod) and so on.

Maybe if they link servers specifically? Like, ED is always linked with Ravenholdt or Shadowsong is always linked with Proudmoore (though I do worry for Proudmoore -- they've built a really great place there and I'd hate to see them overrun by folks slinging bigotry everywhere). Then you'd still be able to get to know folks, because it wouldn't be just random people from whatever random server doesn't have enough folks logged in at the moment.

Idk, it may all be fine once they get the bugs worked out, but I'm apprehensive.

But also hope to visit ED on Daniria one day soon. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Thanks for the info.. and the raid idea you have above^ I am VERY VERY curious to know if this actually works!! :D ohhhhh the fun!!! ^_^

Was out doing dailies in the Outlands.. Saw a TON of people from Twisting Nether. it was nice actually... got to kill a few horde that wouldn't have otherwise been there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]