Tyranea's Recipes of Awesomesauce! Win 1000g!

MVP
100 Pandaren Priest
I have decided to start a community project that all of Horde Saurfang can participate in. Its called Tyranea’s Recipes of Awesomesauce!

At random intervals (meaning when I can be bothered) I will post a recipe and everyone can participate by cooking that recipe and posting a photo of what you made!

Rules:
  • Frontear must make every recipe and post a photo.
  • If anyone else wishes to participate you must make the recipe within 1 week and post a photo of it.
  • The photo must be clear and include a piece of paper with your toon name on it in the same photo, so that I know you made it.
  • If there are at least 2 people that make the recipe, I will award a prize of 1000 gold to the person’s meal that I think looks the most visually appealing, since I can’t really do a taste test. So be prepared to have a cook-off with Front, and be creative with the way you garnish and present your meal!
  • You have to be on Horde Saurfang in order to receive the prize, with a toon level 50 or higher.
  • Must be PG rated!

First recipe will be posted soon!
    Edited by Tyranea on 9/19/2012 7:30 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    Back to the Kitchen i want a Sandwich!
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    100 Pandaren Priest
    09/08/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Tealcqt
    Back to the Kitchen i want a Sandwich!

http://i.imgur.com/2auCZ.jpg
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    Fine but Frontear has to mentor me

He is my hero always looked up to him since i was a little Gnome baby
    when i was a baby a Hunter named Potato shot me out of his rifle at a man named Cast
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Death Knight
    Front will always win, he already has the cooking dress required to increase the skill in which meals are presented.

http://i.imgur.com/uaaI4.jpg
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    in.
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    100 Pandaren Priest
    Recipe 1: Raspberry Macaroon Slice

I was going to start off with something pretty easy, but Front requested a dessert and this is the first thing that I thought of.

Ingredients:
    • 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
    • 1 cup caster sugar
    • 2 eggs, separated
    • 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
    • 1/4 cup raspberry jam, warmed
    • 1 cup desiccated coconut

Preparation Method:
    1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.

2. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and half the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until combined.

3. Lightly fold flour into mixture. Chill for 10 minutes. Press into base of prepared pan using floured fingertips. Spread jam over base.

4. In a clean, dry bowl, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is glossy. Fold in coconut using a fork.

5. Spread mixture over jam. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.

Tips:
    Warm jam in a microwave oven on high 100 percent power for 20 seconds before spreading over base. Slice should be stored at room temperature.

You have until midnight ST on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 to submit your photos! Make sure you include your name in the pic to be eligible to win 1000g! All the rules are at the top of this thread.
    Edited by Tyranea on 9/12/2012 4:15 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Shaman
    I have finished. Instead of supplying pictures, I made a video documenting the whole process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXx_D40s4C8&feature=channel&list=UL
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    100 Pandaren Priest
    Thank you for your video submission Convictfish. Unfortunately you do not qualify as this is clearly not Raspberry Macaroon Slice. Very nice effort though! You get a gold star.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    Recipe not clear enough, my junk got caught in the ceiling fan.
    Reply Quote
    09/09/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Niyan
    Recipe not clear enough, my junk got caught in the ceiling fan.

Im currently stuck in the fridge.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5noxuknow

relevent.
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    The Tealc Chicken & Bacon Cheese Burger

5 Taurens
    1 Potato
    1 Egg
    5 Slices of Cheese
    3 pieces of Chicken
    5 Pieces of Bacon
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    Råluk the Chef shall participate and impress the pants off everyone. Watch this space!
    Edited by Råluk on 9/11/2012 9:40 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    09/11/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Råluk
    Råluk the Chef shall participate and impress the pants off everyone. Watch this space!

Beard must be included in picture.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    09/11/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Potato

Beard must be included in picture.

Unhygienic, Potato.
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    100 Pandaren Priest
    I have extended the time for this week's recipe. Pics are due by midnight ST on Tuesday, 18 September.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    09/12/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Tyranea
    I have extended the time for this week's recipe. Pics are due by midnight ST on Tuesday, 18 September.

cant wait for Frontear to make me my Sandwich
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    Nea's gone soft. Abandon ship.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]