Recipe 1: Raspberry Macaroon Slice
I was going to start off with something pretty easy, but Front requested a dessert and this is the first thing that I thought of.
• 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 2 eggs, separated
• 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
• 1/4 cup raspberry jam, warmed
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
2. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and half the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until combined.
3. Lightly fold flour into mixture. Chill for 10 minutes. Press into base of prepared pan using floured fingertips. Spread jam over base.
4. In a clean, dry bowl, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is glossy. Fold in coconut using a fork.
5. Spread mixture over jam. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Warm jam in a microwave oven on high 100 percent power for 20 seconds before spreading over base. Slice should be stored at room temperature.
You have until midnight ST on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 to submit your photos! Make sure you include your name in the pic to be eligible to win 1000g! All the rules are at the top of this thread.
Edited by Tyranea on 9/12/2012 4:15 AM PDT