PvP in this game is so bad right now

9 Blood Elf Hunter
So unbelievably bad. Just thought I'd express my frustration with how awful this patch was, and how horrible of a job you did implementing changes, and how disgusted I am as a customer. Thanks a lot.
Edited by Syeira on 9/10/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The changes are made for level 90, that's why spells and abilities are a bit wild right now.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
No they are not. Abilities were made to scale each level with cata launch. They can easily control the damage and healing but chose not to. Has nothing to do with lvl 90. That's the bs excuse answer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
To be 100% clear here, PvP in this game is terrible in general.
Reply Quote
Its not really the damage/healing that seems to be the issue.

Control is an issue though. Snares, roots, knockbacks, stuns, CC and more. We need some sort of personal cooldown on how often we can be CC'd, because as it stands a person can be CC'd more or less permanently with great ease.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Control is an issue though. Snares, roots, knockbacks, stuns, CC and more. We need some sort of personal cooldown on how often we can be CC'd, because as it stands a person can be CC'd more or less permanently with great ease.

I agree with this. And yet they are adding more CC. At 87, for example, paladins get an instant, AoE blind. Now, as fun as that is for me personally, I don't think adding yet another CC is what the game needs.

I think diminishing returns should be drastically increased, and should apply across different forms of cc. So, for example, if I blind you I shouldn't then be able to follow that up with a full 6 second stun.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

I agree.

I agree with this. And yet they are adding more CC. At 87, for example, paladins get an instant, AoE blind. Now, as fun as that is for me personally, I don't think adding yet another CC is what the game needs.

At the risk of sounding biased, paladins are pretty close to last in the cc arms race. Yeah the game could use less cc, but targeting a class that'll have barely as much cc as a warrior did back in wotlk doesn't seem likely to fix much at all. Though, if you want to argue holy paladins will have too much cc for a healer, I wouldn't be against that since they're far more likely to take repentance.

The big problem with CC from certain classes is consistency/frequency in which a person will lose control of their character to another class. For example, the amount of time you spend unable to control your character/do anything constructive against a paladin pales in comparison to mages, locks, and psyfiend priests.

I'm happy with just a stun on a 30 second cooldown, an aoe disorient on a 2 min cooldown, and an interrupt for a CC toolkit. That promotes timing to use them right, or screw up a kill chance. Mages on the other hand, have so much cc, that it can be used to stop pressure, and create pressure along side their damage with polys on a healer, and still have more to fall back on to secure a kill with deep/counterspell silence, and that's just a mage. Throw a lock in the mix, and you can see why MLS was popular, along with similar comps like RLS, or RMP: it was centered around making the match a 3v2 for a large portion of the time through cc, interrupts, and negating pressure, while still having enough means of control left over for a healer to secure a kill.
Edited by Shiraha on 9/11/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I agree with this. CC was increased while defensive dispels were nerfed so I spend much more time CC'd now than ever before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

This is how healers felt all through Cata. Most people agree that healers must die first so we have taken the blunt of everyone's cc, leaving us just standing there, watching our life bars go down.

The complaint about psyfiend is understandable in a 1v1 scenario because all 3 fears it casts will be on you. Doesn't everyone always say, pvp isn't meant to be balanced 1v1? Most pvp is in a group scenario where fearing 1 person at a time won't make much difference.

I do agree that cc as a whole is overboard, but you have to think like this, "If I can cc you before you cc me, I'll have the edge."

One last thing, the OP didn't give any specific complaints so I would ask what those complaints are.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
Excessive amounts of CC in PvP makes it bad. Period. It's over the top, especially brutal for casters with the added silence on top of everything else.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Krimzon
Excessive amounts of CC in PvP makes it bad. Period. It's over the top, especially brutal for casters with the added silence on top of everything else.

Its especially brutal for melee, with the added melee range on top of everything else.

That sword cuts both ways. Excessive crowd control is bad for all parties, not just melee or ranged.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
pvp is terrible in <insert game> because i died.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock

There is a difference between disliking PvP because you died, and disliking it because you died unable to do anything whatsoever because of the excessive amount of CC on diff DRs. You can actually be CCed for minutes at a time if done right, and it's so spammable it's not something a trinket will fix, either.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
09/10/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Purebalance
No they are not. Abilities were made to scale each level with cata launch. They can easily control the damage and healing but chose not to. Has nothing to do with lvl 90. That's the bs excuse answer.

What you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
Reply Quote
An awful lot of incidental CC flying around. Most of the time I'm pretty sure they didn't even mean to target me....which makes it that much more frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

There is a difference between disliking PvP because you died, and disliking it because you died unable to do anything whatsoever because of the excessive amount of CC on diff DRs. You can actually be CCed for minutes at a time if done right, and it's so spammable it's not something a trinket will fix, either.

Exactly this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
09/10/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Venex
The changes are made for level 90, that's why spells and abilities are a bit wild right now.

If this is going to continue being the case, it is time for them to stop charging for the month long extended beta phase. We have to pay for the expansion and to play as test rats for a month? No thanks.

EDIT: It actually used to be different in expansions prior as the expansion pre-release events were far larger and lasted the entire month. We get it for half the amount of time and its narrowed down into a small instance.
Edited by Emilei on 9/11/2012 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
CC adds more variables to the game, and makes PvP better not worse. It increases the skill cap on classes that have it, and especially in arena settings further separates the great players from the not so great players.

CC requires decision making, timing, and improved positioning. Obviously it can be excessive but only in the case when a class by themselves just has to much in their tool kit.

Things like the AoE blind, and the talented repentance will greatly increase the skill cap on the paladin class which will make them far more viable at the top brackets without having to rely solely on zerg comps ect..

You can argue that Mages for example have far to much CC. That however is a completely different situation from there is "to much" CC.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
PVP in this game is quite good but it will be always be out of balance. We all knew that MOP will bring new OP classes and specs despite what blizzard says. They weren't able to balance correctly PVP like NEVER.

From watching steams at 90 wargames we all already see some classes being significantly better than others that could be called OP. So clearly all this balance talk by blizz is bull !@#$.

But why still complain about PVP when after so many years we all know its PVE game ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]