Your biggest WoW Fails!

34 Worgen Hunter
I was a low-level orc warlock in the first week of december 2008. I was running around the orc starting zone and I saw this passage up these mountains that lead to a ledge with a picturesque view of Ratchet. I stepped one step too far and fell.

Can't remember if the fall killed me; either way I ended up at ratchet and, being a n00b, set my hearth there. I ended up having to WALK all the way through the barrens and durotar back to the starting zone. I didn't care though because I was a wide-eyed n00bcake who was just like "woah those mobs are like lvl 20 the players here must be really good/high-level".

What were some bad moves that you made?

—EFT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Shocking the broken demon in Well of Eternity and it insta killing the entire party....like a noob.

Though the worst, leveling to 80 in wrath as holy....

edit: And by leveing as holy, that means, just quests...because I wasn't smart enough to learn how to lfg and lfg finder wasn't out yet.
Edited by Aedair on 9/11/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
Pulling Felmyst with Starshards when it was progression.

09/11/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Aedair

Ha! I did this in BC because I wanted a ranged pull and Holy Shock was the only ranged spell a paladin had... worst mistake ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Doing Kara in BC with my guild. Got to Aran and some members needed a smoke so those of us non-smokers were sitting around jacking around /emoting and acting like noobs. One of the raid healers /spit on Aran. I attempted to click on him to /whatever but while typing my emote accidentally bumped Arcane Shot...

At least several of the members agreed it was a sound strategy to put a stop to really long smoke breaks every 30 min.

I did this with my priest. They didn't have dual spec yet and when it was introduced I couldn't afford it so I just soldiered on. Hardcore, man...
Edited by Buffybot on 9/11/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I rolled a warlock as my first toon in Vanilla and went 1-60 and into my first bits of raiding without ever using Lifetap. I honestly thought it was a useless ability and that I would never need it until I was standing there in Molten Core and my buddy whispers me: "Hey man, are you AFK or something?" and I said: "No, I'm out of mana."
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
LOL

I remember when i first started in vanilla, I had to be level 20 something, and I saw this awesome looking town called Astranaar. So I went to investigate.

Needless to say, that was a shocker lol.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
09/11/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Boochie
I rolled a warlock as my first toon in Vanilla and went 1-60 and into my first bits of raiding without ever using Lifetap. I honestly thought it was a useless ability and that I would never need it until I was standing there in Molten Core and my buddy whispers me: "Hey man, are you AFK or something?" and I said: "No, I'm out of mana."

Should've wanded.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I once destroyed a 25 ICC PUG by fatfingering heroism in front of Saurfang while we were looking for more healers.

I'm actually still sort of impressed that's all it took.
Reply Quote
I removed heroism/blood lust from my keybindings on my shamen.

Let's just leave it at that...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
None so far, but the funniest event was while finishing off one of those drawn out quest lines where I must defend an item in Hellfire Peninsula (or whatever its called) I tabbed next enemy and tagged an 85 allie who was mining nearby. I nearly got through a rotation before I realized they were just standing...looking at me. I stopped attacking, waved, and they went back to prospecting.

Awfully nice of them to not force me to restart the dreaded quest leg over.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Not my worst, but definitely my most recent. I fell off one of the bridges last night in Grim Batol. I ran that instance a billion times trying to get that wand when I was gearing up at the start of the xpac.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Last night in Ulduar, on Hard mode Flame Leviathan.

I was in a siege engine's turret, and was like, "Alright, let's shoot down some of these Pyrite containers before the fight." So I shot a couple down with my anti-air missiles on the far left, paused, aimed CAREFULLY at one to the right of the boss while talking in vent...

And fired my anti-air missiles. For the first instant, I was confused. What actually happened was not what my mind was expecting to happen. As my mind adjusted, I realized that my straight yellow targeting line reaching up toward the pyrite, had turned into an arcing yellow line... terminating right near the boss.

Obscenities were uttered in vent, followed by frantic apologies.

We then proceeded to wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Falling with the Ice ledge on the LK fight on my mage, man i felt dumb.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
I started playing in 2008 as an Undead Warlock on a PvP realm. I wore the white quality items because they were upgrades from the low level quests I had done. I complained about not having any copper, silver & gold and marveled at how others had riches! I got sort of bored leveling in Tirisfal Glades and decided to check out Silverpine Forest.

Oh my! Soon after, I ran into a Human Paladin who I had no idea what level they were because it displayed a skull instead of their level. Being the tough guy I am (or so I thought I was) I thought that it was a good idea to try and take down this Paladin. Boy was I wrong.

I was amazed at the yellowish AoE on the ground (Consecration) all the while I was spamming Curse of Weakness and Corruption. Take that you puny little.....

You have died.
Reply Quote
Worst fail ever?

A guildie and I were pooping around in Gurubashi arena when a Blood DK showed up and began attacking him. Needless to say, I jumped in to help. But being that it was 4.3, the Blood DK sent both of us packing with our tails stuck between our legs.

I'd like to see that same crap happen in 5.0.4...
Reply Quote
My lvl 12 mage falling off the Lock Modan damn in open beta, took almost an hour and a half of corpse running to get back. This was when aggro distances for higher lvl mobs was really high and as soon as I ressed to my body I was dead about 5 seconds later.

When I told someone the story they told me what my hearthstone did.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My 1st LFR on Dragon Soul.

It had been drilled into me that I must ALWAYS be BEHIND THE BOSS. So in the Maelstrom, behind the boss is in the water which is where I tried to watch the rest of the fight. Got nothing but a great view of Deathwing's belly.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Mining on the high pillars of Sholazar Basin ... mined the node and forgot I wasn't on my druid and jumped to my death ...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Getting killed by a level 1 plainstrider in Mulgore on my first hunter. Pets weren't available by default at the time, and I ran out of ammo. So, rather than run back to town, I punched it.
Reply Quote
My gnome warrior got stuck behind/under a mushroom in underbog once, and I had to hearth out and get summoned back to the dungeon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]